UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by lizziginne, May 24, 2019.

1. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

That is so horrific and utterly heartbreaking. Those two should never see outside prison walls again IMO

2. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Just an fyi, as soon as LE names or arrests a suspect we can link and discuss their sm content here.

The small summary you gave is enough for me though, what a despicable woman. :mad:

Poor boys :(

Amonet, Lyndaloo, windrower and 3 others like this.
  3. Mrs Marple

Mrs Marple Well-Known Member

That's the face of someone who is angry at being caught.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2019
  4. windrower

windrower Well-Known Member

Sickening, absolute evil.

She has six children and THEN she decides she doesn't want to be a parent?

Many ways to prevent pregnancy, I wish she had used some of them.

Another house of horrors.

5. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

what's the motive here?

6. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Good question! I havent heard anything

SugarQueen, Amonet, HayLouise and 7 others like this.
  7. RachelZachary

RachelZachary Well-Known Member

There has to be a lot more to this than we know.

Both of them are charged with murder. Was this a punishment gone wrong?

Both are registered as living at the same address in 2005. It was reported that Machin hadn’t been out of prison for too long - I don’t know how long he was in for or for what crime - had he moved back in with the family after release?

<modsnip: There is no MSM to support such speculation>

Elainera and Noseyjosie like this.
  8. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

This wasn't punishment gone wrong. They tried to kill all the kids and successfully strangled two. I agree there is probably a history of abuse there. I'm sure the whole story of their lives is absolutely sickening tbh.

9. RachelZachary

RachelZachary Well-Known Member

I haven’t read that he wasn’t there for a first attempt. Can I have a link? How did she try to kill the child the first time?

My thoughts were that perhaps they had already been abusing and torturing the children. But something changed. Why would you suddenly decide to kill your children after 14 years, and why would you do it in a way that was so obvious?

I guess if we do find out the facts about what actually happened, in the run up and on the day, and a possible motive, it will be clearer.

Elainera and Legally Bland like this.
  10. Candidateforwax

Candidateforwax Well-Known Member

I can't find it. I remember reading it in an early news report but it could be wrong actually and they may have both been charged but either way it's five counts of attempted murder against four children, so clearly Sarah or both of them attempted to murder one child twice but were unsuccessful. News reports say the events took place across two days. To me that does not imply a punishment gone wrong: it was clearly intended.

We don't know how the attempted murders were carried out: we've only just found out how Blake and Tristan were murdered. I would imagine more could come out when they are sentenced in November.

Edit: This article says the conspiracy to murder charges relate to a period between 14-20th May. Sounds like this had been the plan for a while. Mother pleads guilty to murdering two teenage sons

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  11. SerenSimone

SerenSimone Well-Known Member

I wonder if this was part of some murder suicide pact? So they'd kill the children then themselves but then it didn't go to plan. So awful to think about! Also thinking about what someone said upthread about a comment on one of the boys YouTube accounts about moving schools, maybe they were looking into leaving the area but couldn't, potentially trying to escape something bad and then they've somehow ended up thinking this was the only way out?! I don't know, maybe far fetched just thinking out loud.

<modsnip: No link to substantiate> Just horrendous. I don't think I want to know the details to be honest. But just trying to fathom a possible motive, you'd think if it was just one of the adults charged they might have been experiencing some sort of psychosis but for both of them to be charged plus conspiracy to commit suggests they were in their "right mind" so to speak and planned this for a reason.

12. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

ADMIN NOTE:

All members need to read The Rules.

Social media rumors are not allowed and posts discussing rumors will be removed.

Continuing to bring rumors to Websleuths may result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

RachelZachary likes this.
  13. Bampot

Bampot Well-Known Member

14. Mind your biscuits

Mind your biscuits Well-Known Member

So, let me get this straight, the two accused are half siblings?
    Stomping on live mice for fun :eek: lovely.

15. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

That's horrific reading. Those poor poor children :(

16. Candidateforwax

I can't imagine what those poor kids endured over those two days: to be poisoned, one drowned and Blake and Tristan strangled. They must have been terrified.

I really hope, wherever the other four are, that they're being taken care of now. I hope they're getting the support they need.

17. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

So there's the motive. The two seem to be sociopaths. I wish society would do more about this kind of behaviour as it emerges, torturing animals and being obsessed with death and murder is not normal. Any parents that act like that should be seriously investigated.

18. Candidateforwax

I feel like the serious case review is going to reveal a lot of missed opportunities to get those kids away from that house.

Lyndaloo, janeh, Edinlass and 11 others like this.
  19. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

I don't see any disclaimer that a fee has been donated to a good cause, so I must assume that the brother has sold his story to the Mirror. Charming.

20. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

Horrific. They really need to not be on this earth. But I'd settle for a whole life sentence. Here's hoping.