GUILTY UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

Something else I find quite sick is that they share the same mother. I think it would've been easier to understand if they shared the same dad but had never met growing up. It wouldn't make it less wrong but you hear of people who are related that met later in life starting relationships. Surely the family knew about this so why no intervention?

Something else I find quite sick is that they share the same mother. I think it would've been easier to understand if they shared the same dad but had never met growing up. It wouldn't make it less wrong but you hear of people who are related that met later in life starting relationships. Surely the family knew about this so why no intervention?

I would speculate that the mother has her own issues,there were some pretty horrible things said by her and about her at the time of the boys deaths that could probably still be found with a quick google,comments under MSM articles on sm perhaps?, I will see if I can find the link

Am I mistaken ? I'm sure i remember when this case first surfaced in the news, there was a picture of the boys outside, with the bags on their heads ?
I can't remember a picture, but I have a recollection that maybe one of them had managed to get out the house, possibly lying in the garden with a bag over his head.

This obviously isn't true. There is truth about the bags, but I guess I must have seen some gossip somewhere.

I can't remember a picture, but I have a recollection that maybe one of them had managed to get out the house, possibly lying in the garden with a bag over his head.

This obviously isn't true. There is truth about the bags, but I guess I must have seen some gossip somewhere.
That article states that they were found dead in their beds, whereas it's previously been widely reported that they both died in hospital, with the deaths being a few minutes apart. I suspect this is because death was officially pronounced after they reached hospital and after resuscitation attempts. This leads to confusion, but it seems most likely that they were dead before being removed from the house.

The Mirror article also says
"They kept the relationship a secret and no-one knew that Machin was the children's father, although it appeared social services were closing in on the truth when they hatched the murder plot."

However, I'm sure I remember reading comments on the local paper's SM which suggested that people did know - or suspect - that BM was the father, at least of the youngest child. Seemed to be fairly common knowledge.

The Mirror article also says
"They kept the relationship a secret and no-one knew that Machin was the children's father, although it appeared social services were closing in on the truth when they hatched the murder plot."

However, I'm sure I remember reading comments on the local paper's SM which suggested that people did know - or suspect - that BM was the father, at least of the youngest child. Seemed to be fairly common knowledge.

I would guess it was probably a rumour that many people in the local community had heard. A pretty poorly kept secret! I remember hearing and reading about it really soon after the murders. However, local gossip is a very different thing to local authorities knowing. Especially if they'd ended up using it to look deeper into the family.

It sounds like the family were by all accounts pretty terrible. SB's defence lawyer mentioned abuse and neglect in her childhood (as if that's an excuse) and both she and BM ended up in care at some point. I would be willing to bet there were very few boundaries in place at home.

That article states that they were found dead in their beds, whereas it's previously been widely reported that they both died in hospital, with the deaths being a few minutes apart. I suspect this is because death was officially pronounced after they reached hospital and after resuscitation attempts. This leads to confusion, but it seems most likely that they were dead before being removed from the house.

I remember reading that at least one of the boys was found slumped in the open doorway with the bag still on his head,but this was complete social media speculation by people who claimed to witness it at the time. There were also claims of lighter fluid being used with the bags,but it's all rumour and speculation.
Many of the comments that I was going to link to in my earlier post have been deleted so you cant see the arguments and threats by family members anymore. It is clear by the comments stil under these MSM articles though that many in the community knew of the childrens parentage or at the very least suspected:(

This story is close to my heart as it happened not far from my home.. A brother and half sister had an incestuous relationship then created 6 children.. On Friday May 24 2019 Sarah Barrass and her brother Brandon Machin these 2 sick people decided to kill the 2 eldest boys tristian who was 13 and blake who was 14.. The night before they was given a round of medication found round the home including some adhd tablets but that failed.. 1 of the boys messaged a friend through the xbox saying "they wasnt going to school and felt sick".. The evil pair decided to take another route,, Brandon used his bare hands and strangled Blake where as Sarah used a dressing gown cord to strangle Tristian.. Then swapped boys and placed black bags on there heads!!!!

Lies and incest: The twisted truth behind the Barrass family murders

This story is close to my heart as it happened not far from my home.. A brother and half sister had an incestuous relationship then created 6 children.. On Friday May 24 2019 Sarah Barrass and her brother Brandon Machin these 2 sick people decided to kill the 2 eldest boys tristian who was 13 and blake who was 14.. The night before they was given a round of medication found round the home including some adhd tablets but that failed.. 1 of the boys messaged a friend through the xbox saying "they wasnt going to school and felt sick".. The evil pair decided to take another route,, Brandon used his bare hands and strangled Blake where as Sarah used a dressing gown cord to strangle Tristian.. Then swapped boys and placed black bags on there heads!!!!

Lies and incest: The twisted truth behind the Barrass family murders

Oh Dear Lord. No words. You can't make that up.

Welcome @Theomumx14 .

I remember reading that at least one of the boys was found slumped in the open doorway with the bag still on his head,but this was complete social media speculation by people who claimed to witness it at the time. There were also claims of lighter fluid being used with the bags,but it's all rumour and speculation.
Many of the comments that I was going to link to in my earlier post have been deleted so you cant see the arguments and threats by family members anymore. It is clear by the comments stil under these MSM articles though that many in the community knew of the childrens parentage or at the very least suspected:(
1 was still alive and had to be resucitated outside the house

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back