GUILTY UK - Bobbi-Anne Mcleod,18, ‘did not arrive to meet friends’ Plymouth, 20 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

13:31CHRIS MATTHEWS

Sentence passed​

Judge Linford sentenced Ackland to life in prison, with a minimum term of 31 years time less served already.
He added that there is a strong possibility Ackland will never be released.
Judge Linford thanked Bobbi-Anne's family and friends and said he didn't know how they contained themselves.
There were calls of murderer and other profanities as Ackland was taken from the dock.

Far too lenient!

MOO

11:13CHRIS MATTHEWS

Confession continued​

Ackland said he then strangled Bobbi-Anne and took her somewhere to dispose of her thinking she was dead. Ackland said he drove to Bellever Forest and heard Bobbi-Anne so he walked her out of the car proppring her up "like a drunken walk". Bobbi-Anne said she was scared to which Ackland replied "so am I, I've never done this".
Ackland said he 'knew what he had to do' so hit Bobbi-Anne with the hammer 12 times. He said he saw signs of life again and thought "hats off to her" before burning her property. He then put his foot on Bobbi's Anne's throat before feeling that she had died.

I have no words about this that are suitable to write here.

I hope he rots and never sees daylight again. Hopefully he won't survive 30 years in jail. It would be a disgrace if he was ever released.

13:47KATIE TIMMS

Bobbi-Anne's family pay tribute to 'kind, funny and loyal' young woman​

The family of murdered Plymouth teenager Bobbi-Anne McLeod have paid tribute to the 'kind, funny and loyal' young woman and say their lives will never be the same without her. They were speaking after 24-year-old Cody Ackland was sentenced to life in prison for her killing on November 20 last year.
In an emotional statement read outside Plymouth Crown Court the family thanked those who have offered support and police who brought her killer to justice.
The statement read: “Bobbi was a beautiful girl who lit up our lives and the lives of everyone she ever met. She was kind, funny, and loyal. She was the best daughter, the best sister, and the best friend to so many people. Everybody who knew Bobbi loved her. We have been robbed of our beautiful girl in the worst possible way and our lives will never be the same without her.

Read the full article here.

This sentence is too lenient IMO as others have said, and should be closer to the late 30s in years in minimum term notwithstanding the guilty plea. That’s reflecting our current system and not my own perspective. I expect it to be reviewed by the Attorney-General.

It is not a whole life sentence, as sadly I and others had guessed, and a couple of tweets on that were wrong ahead of time. Under our current system in the UK, a single murder of someone who is technically an adult (Bobbie-Anne was 18) will not be a whole life sentence absent other factors, even if it is sadistic and terrifying as this was.

I strongly believe this must change for premeditated crimes such as this and the starting point for these murders should be whole life and then mitigating factors are applied if relevant.

So sorry, Bobbi-Anne.

I don't believe him that he wanted to leave BA at this bus stop.

No way!

Also, I doubt that sexual intent was not considered by him.

In my opinion, he is lying (as his "hero" Ted B. used to).

But it doesn't matter now.

RIP Bobbi-Anne.
You were so brave to fight for your life :(

I think CA's confession has left something important out. When I was reading the updates I assumed Bellever forest and Bovisand must be really close together, but according to google maps it's about an hours drive.

View attachment 344905

I don't understand why he wouldn't have left the body at Bellever.
I wonder if the area had some significance to him rather than being random. Associated with an ex or his 'troubled' childhood

I wonder why kidnapping isn't an an aggravating factor?
I hope they never let him out and I sincerely hope that we don't get a rash of 'murder to cure depression' copycat cases. He is pure evil, poor Bobbi-Anne never stood a chance. RIP. Moo.
He seems to be a sadist.
His "good humour/laughing" after the grisly and prolonged murder of this girl - says it all.:(

I guess, he confessed to only a fraction of what happened to Bobbi-Ann.

MOO

Last edited:
Her poor loved ones still have the ordeal of her funeral.
Bovisand does appear to be somewhere he went regularly from the little there was on his instagram.
I wondered whether he went to Bovi intending for a sea burial but found the tide out?

Poor Bobbi-Anne has been on my mind a lot today. I keep thinking of what she went through and how frightened she must have been. What a horrific death, and such a horrible twist of fate that she happened to be at the bus stop when this evil man was nearby.

I hope his sentence will be reviewed as I think it’s too lenient. This man is a real danger to women and shouldn’t be ever have a chance of freedom.

Last edited:
Summary

"Double life"

"Why did he confess?"

From your article:

That day, November 23, he went to work at a car valeting firm set within a Plymouth garage but around noon he left, never to return. He sent a series of what police called "strange" messages to family and friends. On his Facebook group, which included members of the band he regularly play with, he wrote "love you guys". He texted his mother and others writing "I love you and I love the children".

Wonder if he was planning on ending his own life, but before doing so decided he wanted to experience killing someone first. Afterwards, maybe he chickened out of killing himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back