Missing pregnant Shannon Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

UK - Boy, 3, swept to death while walking by sea wall

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Nov 14, 2011.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

A word of caution for those with small children when anywhere near an ocean or sea: nature is unpredictable and violent - "Nature, red in tooth and claw," as the poet Tennyson wrote.

Boy, 3, swept to his death in freak accident as he splashed in promenade puddles (Daily Mail)
    more, with pictures, at link above

2. badhorsie

badhorsie Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...

Life can change in an instant. Poor little lad, prayers for his loved ones

3. UFO

UFO Member

Having a 4 year-old and a 2 year-old of my own, this story hurts my heart.

4. Nova

Nova Active Member

This sort of thing seems to happen all too often (i.e., every once in awhile, which is still too often) on the Pacific Coast.

When I was 12, I was sitting on a beach in Panama, holding my cousin, who was a toddler at the time. Where we were sitting, the sand was dry.

All of a sudden, a rogue wave came along and knocked us over. In an instant, my cousin simply vanished. Fortunately, her mother was standing behind us and had a better vantage point; she raced past me and fished her daughter out of the surf.

(BTW, I was over 6' tall at 12, so it's not like I was some frail little thing. But by the time I could have recovered my bearings and stood up to look for her, my little cousin could have been swept out to sea.)