UK UK - Caroline Glachan, 14, Renton, Scotland, 24 Aug 1996

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by OkieGranny, Jan 8, 2017.

1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/75...oline-Glachan-pleads-people-step-forward-1996

https://www.sundaypost.com/news/mum-sees-new-hope-long-fight-justice-daughter-murdered-20-years-ago/

2. Nikkimyself

Nikkimyself New Member

Hey. I really dont know if this is any help but I suppose a Google is as good as anything right? This might be something I suppose... Also forgive me because this is my first reply on WS. If this link doesn't work, I'm sorry. This case is awful.

Caroline Glachan - Police Scotland

gregjrichards likes this.
  3. Nikkimyself

Nikkimyself New Member

The Unsolved Murder of Caroline Glachan

This is all 2018 I found tonight. I have no idea if I quoted anything right, I'm just getting to grips with the website. I hope something comes of this case for this poor girl and her mother. I can't deal with cold case!

4. MicheleT

MicheleT Well-Known Member

"Caroline was killed by a local and the identity of this person is being kept secret by individuals in the community. The police are positive that someone in the local community holds the key to unlocking this case."

From the article above. . . why? Why do small towns (no matter where they are, US or UK) hide the killer? I grew up in a small town in Texas and cannot understand this mentality. It is horrible.

5. CastlesBurning

CastlesBurning Well-Known Member

6. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Three people are due to appear in court in connection with the death of 14-year-old Caroline Glachan.

Caroline's body was found in the River Leven, near to Place of Bonhill in Renton at around 4pm on Sunday, August 25 1996

Police have confirmed this morning that they have arrested two men, aged 42 and 43 and a woman aged 42.

Three people arrested and charged in connection with death of Caroline Glachan

I’m really glad arrests have finally been made for Caroline’s murder.

7. chimpface

chimpface Well-Known Member

So two 17 year olds and an 18 year old at the time of the murder.

Great news for Caroline's family.

Mrs Marple, Legally Bland and KarenUK like this.