Found Deceased UK - Chris May, 28, Kelvedon, Essex, 25 May 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Chris May - Find Chris May Facebook Page
3785367.jpg

Family appeal to find Chris May, 28, missing from Kelvedon
The sister of a man missing since Monday has appealed for help in searching for him.

Chris May, 28, left his home in St Mary's Road, Kelvedon, at around 9.45am on Monday and has not been in contact with friends or family since.

Mr May sent a text to a friend in Kelvedon on Monday morning to say he was going to Braintree but his phone was later switched off from 11.50am.

He drives a silver Volkswagen Golf with the registration number Y887 AAB.

His sister Kelly May, 24, said the disappearance was out of character.
http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/...to_find_Chris_May__28__missing_from_Kelvedon/

Concerns grow for missing Chris May as his car is found abandoned near woodland

Chris May, 28, left his house in St Mary's Road, Kelvedon, at around 9.45am on Monday and has not been in contact with friends or family since.

He sent a text to a friend in Kelvedon on Monday morning to say he was going to Braintree but his phone was later switched off from 11.50am.

His car, a silver VW Golf, was found abandoned at Troys Chase, Fairstead, near Terling, at 9pm on Wednesday.

Officers are now carrying out a close search of the area where the car was found.

Chris’s father, Mr Peter May, said: "We are all devastated because it is completely out of character for him to just go off without telling anyone.

Family's plea for help to find missing Essex man Chris May

http://www.harlowstar.co.uk/Family-...ex-man-Chris/story-26610807-detail/story.html

"We're a really close family unit and his disappearance is tearing us apart. We are devastated.

"We had no idea that something was wrong until one of his friends said he hadn't heard from him that day.

"We're not coping at all with the strain of not knowing where he is. If he's reading this now I would urge him to get in touch and let us know that he is OK."

Just had a quick look and google and seems to be no new updates for the last few days. I hope some good news comes soon

This case is bugging me.

Just to recap - Chris left his dads house in Coggeshall at 9:45am, his car was abandoned 10 miles away on Troys Chase, Fairstead at 11:30am the same day. It was found 2 days later, so someone must have reported that they'd seen it there on 25th. The keys were still in the ignition.

Now, I was kind of assuming suicide, but I've looked at the map and there isn't anywhere nearby that would be an obvious spot - lots of flat fields with a few trees/hedges. No real bodies of water or rivers. https://goo.gl/maps/VncDS

Then there's the letter the police received saying Chris had died as a result of being assaulted. Also, the family found out he was missing on FB when a friend asked where Chris was, just hours after he was last seen:

"They first feared something was wrong was when a friend posted on Facebook asking whether anybody had seen him, Mrs May said. The post was made about seven hours after he was last seen. Mrs May said: "I thought that was strange. That was what started us thinking, where is he?" "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-33107722

Mmmm, so somebody knew he was missing before his family did? And somebody obviously had a conscience when they wrote that letter, if it's genuine.

I wonder where Chris told his family he was going that morning. Something seems off to me here...

This one is bugging me too CMC. I did some reading of "news" articles on the web this evening and was amazed / shocked to see how differently (and factually incorrectly) this case has been reported. So I decided to go with the official information on the Essex Police website.

I've also done a map of Chris' last known movements (assuming it was Chris that left his car at the location it was found & that isn't a red herring) which is here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zgw3lr64TOHk.kBOsTeXSYOwY&usp=sharing

Found Chris' sister's Facebook page whilst googling and her last status update is so sad :tears:
"Yet another week goes by.
Our lives are never going to be 'normal' again!!
Every small noise.....you think could that be Chris knocking on the door
Every car...... You think could that be the police coming to confirm the worst,
Every look of pity
Every song makes you cry
As does every memory,
The slightest comment makes you angry,
Some days you're grieving,
Some days you have a glimmer of hope.
It's so hard to deal with all these emotions and none of us know how but what makes it so much harder is not knowing how Chris is feeling......
.....is/was he scared? Does he know how much we are falling apart without him??
I don't care why he went/where he is all we NEED to know is...is he safe? And hope he hasn't been hurt!!
Someone must know something but are too cold hearted to say anything,instead they let us all suffer like this!!!
This morning I had a 4yr old worried about her mummy going missing and panicking about what she would do?!! NO child should have to go through this!!! And someone could stop her having too
"

Yes I'd seen that post Purplepixii, did full forensics on the various FB pages, heart wrenching, he is obviously a very loved brother/son/uncle/friend to many. Have you found an official page as the main one (Find Chris May) has family up in arms about who set it up. All publicity is good publicity, I'd say, not sure why the family haven't set something up themselves as they're all prolific FB users.

I'm not finding much else really. Have you looked at the map of where the car was found? Doesn't ring any alarm bells suicide-wise to be, surprised no pictures of where the car was found.

I would really love to know what his family think re his state of mind that day: Was there an argument with dad? Was he depressed about a relationship? Could he have had enough?

I'd also love to know their take on where the car was found: Was it a road locals might use as a short cut? Which way was the car facing? He had texted someone to say he was going to Braintree which is kind of on the way, would he have used that road to get there?

I feel like despite all the repeated appeals by the family, there have not been many answers. Frustrating!! I think we need to call for back up.....

Checking in, thanks for bringing Chris' case to my attention CMC, no worries about linking in BJ's thread!

Have to do some reading and catch up

I think it's the combo of the anonymous letter and the FB friend asking if anyone had seen him before anyone knew he was missing. Those things set it apart for me. And the lack of useful social media coverage. I can't put my finger on it but something seems wrong somehow.

I keep wondering if it may have been road rage and he was followed up that lane and attacked, put in a car boot and disposed of. Maybe. Also waiting to hear who the "body in Ikea bags" is, but I don't think it can be Chris or surely the family FB posts would reveal that.

It just doesn't seem like a typical "vanished into thin air" case. If I was American my hinky meter would be going right off!

Has the Find Chris May FB page gone? I clicked the link in the OP and it just takes me to my own FB wall?

There doesn't seem to be an up to date Facebook/website for Chris. The first one linked on Post 1 is no longer active. Maybe they just don't have the time to keep up to it?

Missing Chris May: Three months on - Essex Police
www.essex.police.uk/news.../other.../missing_chris_may_three_month.aspx

Enquiries have established that the Essex Way and in particular the area near Troy’s Chase in Fairstead where Chris’ car was found, is a popular area for geocaching*.

*Geocaching is an outdoor activity where participants use a GPS receiver or mobile app to find containers called cashes anywhere in the world. A cache contains a logbook and pen and the geocacher enters the date they found it and signs. The cache must be placed back in the exact place it was found.*

Do you think it's possible Chris partook in geocaching? It might seem unlikely but with his car found in the area where it's popular made me remotely think that, maybe that's what took him there.

At the end of Troy Chase, there is Troy Hall. What do you think goes on there or is it a residence? There are a lot of trees there and what looks like a pond.

Other than the above, I'm totally stumped regarding any suggestions.

Regarding the facebook page I remember someone set up a find becky watts page and her family asked for it to be taken down as it wasn't "official" - perhaps the police advise families to be very cautious with social media when they have suspects in mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back