UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #13

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by KateB, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

It was that evening suzy said she did not recognise the group CL was sat with x

2. Yozzer

Yozzer Well-Known Member

That would make no sense given that her front door faces onto her main route to work.

Nikynoo, 3ds&p and MEKON like this.
  3. Yozzer

Yozzer Well-Known Member

Hi @cheddarcat having read your post with interest, I just wanted to mention the man seen in Limes Court. While it has been debated on here that the man may have been involved in a 'routine' drugs run, the police have made it clear that they consider the identification of this man very important.
    'an unknown man seen on CCTV footage near Claudia’s home around the time she disappeared remains of very significant interest. Despite extensive enquiries and media appeals, it has not been possible to identify this individual.'
    Claudia Lawrence enquiry moves to reactive phase - North Yorkshire Police

AcbMurders, MEKON, Popejohn3 and 2 others like this.
  4. keep-it-real

keep-it-real Well-Known Member

The ex Nags Head barperson also said the last time she bumped into Claudia was on a night out in York town centre Christmas 2008 she said she was with some people I recognised and some I did not.

Nikynoo, Vixey and Popejohn3 like this.
  5. keep-it-real

The sim card in Claudias Samsung D900 was accessed by taking the back off the phone and removing the battery. A dual sim adapter for this phone fits into the same place but holds two differnet sim cards. The two different tel numbers are accessed via the screen and keypad. The micro sd card is accessed on the side of the phone its opened quite easily no pin needed to insert the sim or sd card or switching between numbers.
    The two you tube videos I posted a few posts back probably explains/shows this better.:)

6. keep-it-real

7. cheddarcat

cheddarcat Member

The man on the footage in the evening and the man on the morning footage do look very similar.

I thought that the morning man was identified as the local property landlord, RC (?), or was that just speculation?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2021
    Nikynoo, Bagpipes, Andyboy and 3 others like this.
  8. UKjester

UKjester Active Member

He died shortly after the so the police couldn’t confirm

Nikynoo, Vixey and Yozzer like this.
  9. Yozzer

Yozzer Well-Known Member

It was never confirmed although the 2019 Channel 5 documentary claimed it was probably RC. The Wednesday 7.15 pm footage was in the possession of NYP but not released until 2015 - a bad slip-up imo. I agree the 2 men are similar, if not the same person. It's likely NYP have stopped using the Thurs am footage due to its wide publicity and much discussion in MSM (incl. police comments) in 2009 regarding identity probably being RC. I'm pretty sure this would damage any prosecution case, which is why the evening footage has taken on greater significance, not least because of the time being so near to last confirmed evidence of life (the phone conversation with her mother).

10. keep-it-real

RC spent his working life at York Carriageworks. He owned properties in East Parade and Heworth place.
    he was found dead at his home on April 9th 2009. It was reported he died of a heart attack.
    In the same York Press article it says he also had a night job cleaning railway carriages perhaps this explained the early hour visits he made to his rented property in Heworth Place.

Another friend of RC, 57-year-old CM, described him as a “workaholic” who bought properties to let before it became common practice. He also had a night job, cleaning railway carriages at York Station.

Ex-workmates defend owner of houses in Claudia Lawrence search

11. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

I think the CCTV was in someone's house

Vixey and Popejohn3 like this.
  12. Pinkizzy

Surely phone masts track Sims and not phones

MEKON likes this.
  13. Pinkizzy

Yes.

Yozzer and Vixey like this.
  14. MEKON

MEKON Well-Known Member

On choice for an exit for a walk to work in the morning; surely it would be easier using the front door than 'traipsing' through a 'mucky' and dark back yard . Additionally; if Claudia was receiving a lift ? , then wouldn't it be easier to check when your lift had arrived by using the front room and door,as the viewing and exit point. In the link below there's a picture of the front door,with even a handy coat peg rack. Surely in normal circumstances, a coat and Rucksack would be taken from here just before a front door exit

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/31198...-the-missing-chefs-broken-and-neglected-home/

I know there's debate on whether Claudia was at home or at a lover's property.

But if we take the idea that Claudia was at home that night and was walking to work (the conversation with her Mum suggested this). Then surely the easiest and quickest method would be to use the front door. Furthermore; if Claudia refused the taxi fare from her Mum. Was this due to her obtaining a lift from someone her Mum wasn't keen on?. Thus; wouldn't the front door exit make even more sense

IMO; if Claudia did use the back door for an exit, I'd find that odd.

Popejohn3 and 3ds&p like this.
  15. There was far to little attention to him, I believe, whether to his death nor to his life.

Nikynoo and keep-it-real like this.
  16. .... And as a constant guest she didn't ask someone around her, who these people were??

Nikynoo, Sunshine.77, Vixey and 2 others like this.
  17. Would have been a nice idea, but too much depends on it for those, who are in the know, IMO.

18. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

I said that, but Suzy said she did not recognise them, nor did she know if peter was in that night!

19. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

Sad really how many sudden deaths are due to heart attacks. MS father and brother died suddenly in the same way :(

20. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

No I agree, you would use the front door unless using your bike IMO x

Nikynoo, Popejohn3 and MEKON like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.