UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is who owned or had use of a silver focus on the 19th ....

Any thoughts on the focus turning into the Nags Head car park? From looking at the CCTV there is one house window that is illuminated more brightly than any other. I wondered if the vehicle turning into the car park whilst braking would have shifted the light in that way.

shame the police couldn’t have shown us the footage from the same camera 45 minutes earlier. Would be interested to see what was causing the reflection in the window. My initial thought was an emergency vehicle by the flashing pattern

Or did they go home to Acomb and then travel north to a rural location for disposal realising her phone was in a footwell or still turned on. I think the reason it wasn’t smashed and calmly turned off is it could be used to send the cops on a goose chase to far away lands if need be
They would have searched for a suitable place in the daylight then stayed there or went back in the night !

Its just my opinion but I think the battery was removed to take the sim card out and that had the same effect as turning it off.
The Samsung D900 also had a micro sd card slot, If Claudia used an sd card that could have also been removed at the same time..

This is a link to the unboxing and features of a Samsung D900.. start at 7.32

An SD card might have also had incriminating photos on it ie, the 'secret boyfriend' etc

Its just my opinion but I think the battery was removed to take the sim card out and that had the same effect as turning it off.
The Samsung D900 also had a micro sd card slot, If Claudia used an sd card that could have also been removed at the same time..

This is a link to the unboxing and features of a Samsung D900.. start at 7.32

Is info sometimes stored on the phone , rather than on the SIM ?

If it is could someone of taken Claudia's SIM out of her phone and put their SIM in Claudias phone; in order to safely go through the phone for info at their own leisure?

Can one moor a boat there ?

Not around Layerthorpe - the water is really shallow, plus it's a really built up area for shopping, offices etc and if someone were to drop off a body, they would definately be seen. A little outside of the city centre possibly, but even then the areas around the river are always busy with dog walkers, runners etc.

You could possibly surmise that if the body was buried for example, the bag and phone might have been buried too. I'm sure I saw on a documentary that new technology meant that your phone could be traced even if the phone was switched off. Or have I just been watching too much CSI and that idea is a bit of artistic license for a TV show? o_O
Yes the Americans were able to switch on a phone that was actually turned off and sent a missile straight to it .

may I ask why it matters what door she used? CCTV didn’t cover either door..... if the silver focus is key (picking her up on the morning of the 19th) then why the interest in the doors - her slippers suggest she used the front door, if you believe she set off for work unharmed on the 19th

I'm sure someone on here confirmed there was CCTV that covered the front!?

if that was the case, we would know for sure when, which door she used and why the car braked outside her front door - sadly we don’t, but perhaps the police do?

may I ask why it matters what door she used? CCTV didn’t cover either door..... if the silver focus is key (picking her up on the morning of the 19th) then why the interest in the doors - her slippers suggest she used the front door, if you believe she set off for work unharmed on the 19th
It all matters - the case will be solved somewhere amongst the detail

Yes I believe there was but check out the very recent clip of Jk talking about her friend while outside of her front door ... you will see Cl’s green front door but the camera being used is at eye level but cctv is higher up !

was that model dual sim compatible do you know? I.E. two numbers?
I don’t think Claudia had any reason to use a dual sim phone. Dual sim phones are used in my experience by men/women but I’d say generally men trying to hide a relationship . For anyone reading this who hasn’t seen one - they look like an ordinary model but house a dual sim with two numbers - the second sim is accessed with a pin. It enables the user to access calls/texts from a secret liaison. They were about in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member