UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by KateB, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

are you able to zoom in on the passenger in the first picture?

Vixey likes this.

2. keep-it-real

keep-it-real Well-Known Member

Does the error message say the pic you are trying to upload is too big LuluR38?
    How are you trying to up load from a screenshot or from a copy and paste https?

LuluR38 likes this.
  3. UKjester

UKjester Active Member

well that was the first time I had seen the post office footage from Thursday morning. That would suggest it may have been CL? Did she fall or crouch down behind the post box?
    Interestingly the silver car (Mercedes) appears again on the weds afternoon behind the fiat punto. I was more interested in the van based on previous posts

Attached Files:

Vixey and Nikynoo like this.
  4. UKjester

UKjester Active Member

Has this been covered in earlier posts? I did read that the passenger in that SUV was identified by the same necklace. There was a photo of her leaving a house with the same necklace. I thought I read it in Major Lang’s blog but it wasn’t there so must have been on WS

Vixey and Nikynoo like this.
  5. shadwell

shadwell Well-Known Member

Had a go - though it gets messy pretty quickly. Most of the face has been blurred but looks like a hint of the right eye in the tinted windscreen surround (?)
    Heyworth-rd-ranger.jpg Heyworth-rd-ranger-pass.jpg

Thelastleg, LuluR38 and Nikynoo like this.
  6. keep-it-real

First of all I thought the person stooped down to pick something up but on repeated viewing I think the person may have been attacked, either way after that a person flees in the direction of the Uni pursued by someone attempting to bring them under their control. Wether that is the same person or there were two people walking together I cannot tell for sure, but I lean to there being two people.
    They disappear out of sight but are seen almost immediately coming back towards Melrosegate PO. One of the figures is struggling to keep a hold of the other and as they pass the post box a third person comes to aid the other person to control the figure that had been pursued.
    Its a difficult piece of footage to view due to the quality and probable light there also has to be a consideration that like other cctv footage in the case other things in the footage may have had to be ommitted.
    Sometimes I feel somethings may appear differently again there may be reasons for that.. thats just my opinion as are any observations I may make.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  7. Nikynoo

Thanks. I think the passenger is male? I was hoping that the lighter patch ner the neckline was jewellery

8. Nikynoo

I haven't seen any posts, but I haven't looked, but yes, its the necklace I'm interested in.

9. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

Can you upload the footage?

10. Nikynoo

BBM, I am unclear as to what you mean, can you please clarify? Also, the car at the end of the clip - is it the same or similar to the car we have been discussing? at 2.40 Last known movements of Claudia Lawrence

Vixey and Pinkizzy like this.
  11. shadwell

Same here- though I am a noob on this one and I'm sure it must have been discussed previously. Certainly a similar shape to the silver car in the two segments.

12. shadwell

Hmm. Not sure I'm seeing as much action there. It's a shame there's no time stamp - I'm guessing the final early morning segment with the car and figure in white is some time later - much better light and the wheelie bin across the road (also seen in the 18/3/09 afternoon cctv) has gone from the pavement.

I initially see two figures walking South, the first appears to turn right just before disappearing (though may just have carried on and been obscured by bushes), the second bends down briefly as if to pick something up behind the postbox before continuing to the point where the first disappeared. Then cut to the second sequence of person walking back towards camera apparently looking at a phone (though it could be a bag strap across the chest). then cut to third sequence of figure in white (a bit unsteady?) and car passing.

13. keep-it-real

the melrosegate footage starts at approx 1.49.
    This video doesnt have a setting to slow the speed of the video down, I think someone did upload it to Youtube that will have a setting to slow the speed down. which will help enormously particulary when viewing the figures returning from the Uni direction.
    Last known movements of Claudia Lawrence

14. LuluR38

LuluR38 Well-Known Member

It’s glasses clipped on over the top of the t shirt I think not jewellery....

Thelastleg and Nikynoo like this.
  15. Pinkizzy

Notice the red car making a U-turn when Claudia approaches the post box

16. shadwell

The one coming out of Burlington Avenue?

Popejohn3 likes this.
  17. Popejohn3

Popejohn3 Well-Known Member

That’s what I thought, turning right and not a u turn .

susie sixpence likes this.
  18. Pinkizzy

Oh yes, it's turning right

19. LuluR38

LuluR38 Well-Known Member

Looks like that to me, like a site safety orange abs likely reflective type top they wear.

20. Miss Elizabeth

Miss Elizabeth Active Member

Agreed. Do I also see a slight hint of boob (can I say that?)

~E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.