UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - not ‘having a pop’ - I’ve been reading through the threads from the start - just finished #6 and was checking to see which thread I first posted on so as to see how many more to go before I caught up. Your Audi post is one of the first on #14 (where I came in) and I had seen stuff re RB while reading through. He claimed that ‘vet come part-time hitman for the royal family’ Frank Wakefield owned a LHD Audi TT Quattro, so it caught my eye.

No problem at all. I wasn’t aware of this, do you have any links to the information. I have just tried to google FW but to no avail. Do RBs comments have any credibility?

Pictures? So someone took images on their phone of CL's bag and other things instead of picking it up or alerting police.

Nah don't believe that.
It has to come from
The horses mouth - the cold case team that it’s officially documented.

Yeah I'd like to know that aswell. Feels like a throwaway line to the paper and NH itself didn't take whoever came in (if it happened) seriously and just saw them as time waster.

Shame @moonsafari is off the forum again as if she comes back in the future it would be something I'd ask given she still knew people at NH after she left and see if she thinks they took the "conversation" credibly and reported it to the police (who must've deemed it timewasting or attention seeker).

Pictures? So someone took images on their phone of CL's bag and other things instead of picking it up or alerting police.

Nah don't believe that.
It has to come from
The horses mouth - the cold case team that it’s officially documented.
Hmm. So “no fun for me” potentially implying that CL was intending to duck out of the Cyprus holiday? Would she have booked to go in the Easter school holidays? On the one hand I guess the uni would be quieter so it would be easier to take time off, but on the other she was complaining to SS about high prices during the “bloody kids hols.”

Yeah I'd like to know that aswell. Feels like a throwaway line to the paper and NH itself didn't take whoever came in (if it happened) seriously and just saw them as time waster.

Shame @moonsafari is off the forum again as if she comes back in the future it would be something I'd ask given she still knew people at NH after she left and see if she thinks they took the "conversation" credibly and reported it to the police (who must've deemed it timewasting or attention seeker).
I’ve not read the early mornings and holiday info recently - though I do remember that the upcoming holiday wasn’t for around 2.5-3 weeks away

D’oh - my bleary rapid scan for English teams this morning failed to spot it was Villa *or* CSKA. :D Now I look again the Sky site listings are pretty confusing all round - as you say, soccerbase gives a clearer picture in confirming that it was, as you say, a very quiet night for English football. Was there some other special event at the NH that Wednesday which could account for ‘overspill’ parking on the road? There’s only a couple of cars outside the front of the pub.

Football Fixtures & Results | 18 Mar 2009 | Soccer Base
Did the NH have a pool team?

No problem at all. I wasn’t aware of this, do you have any links to the information. I have just tried to google FW but to no avail. Do RBs comments have any credibility?
Some people have suggested he might have got an anonymous tip and published it as coming from “beyond the veil” to protect his source, but basically, no. And it looks like mine don’t have much credibility either at the minute - I could have sworn it said “Audi TT” when I looked before, but it’s only “Audi.” Think I must have mentally superimposed the TT. Here’s the link though: Photos from Kellie Telesford (kellie.telesford) on Myspace

I'm going to ask the question. Who is Frank Wakefield?

The blue is quite bright isn't it?
I did increase the brightness on those, but yes - though it does get darker as the bus goes round. It’s likely one of those “seeing what you want to see” things. If this benighted website would stop throwing a “security error” every time I try I would post the unaltered frames. :mad:

@Inspector Evans From a brief google search, it seems Fox has come up through the ranks at NYP like Malyn.

One thing I don’t get though: at Christmas Joan talked about feeling abandoned by NYP since Malyn retired (see article below). But according to today’s news, Fox has been to see her twice since last summer. I wonder if he’s actually seen her twice since Xmas, for Joan wouldn’t have complained to the crime commissioner otherwise.. Mum of missing Claudia Lawrence feels 'forgotten' since leading officer retired
Think I read that she only saw him once last year around time of Dai's retirement, maybe seen him once this year following the report that she felt abandoned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans