UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by KateB, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonderabbit

Blonderabbit Well-Known Member

I thought it may of been a new style beetle - funnily enough known for being a hairdressers car (hair dye) - don’t start putting two and two. As it’s a big jump.

shadwell likes this.

2. Popejohn3

Popejohn3 Well-Known Member

People seem to forget she was in that house for around 2.5 years only plus had a lodger for a whole year ! That would not be for free .
    And I believe she sold her first house before she bought no 46.
    If something untoward was going on with her ‘customers’ at the uni one of them would have told the police for sure and they would have bared it in mind so ... move on !

Bagpipes likes this.
  3. Popejohn3

People seem to forget she was in that house for around 2.5 years only plus had a lodger for a whole year ! That would not be for free .
    And I believe she sold her first house before she bought no 46.
    If something untoward was going on with her ‘customers’ at the uni one of them would have told the police for sure and they would have bared it in mind so ... move on !

4. Popejohn3

It’s not that big a jump !

5. keep-it-real

keep-it-real Well-Known Member

Or possibly

Google Maps

Google Maps

UKjester likes this.
  6. UKjester

UKjester Active Member

the position of the rear reg plate sits too high for it to be a beetle IMO. That angle and position drew me to the TT. It could be something like an estate car where the plate sits higher up on the tailgate but the car seems shorter and more curvy.

7. Blonderabbit

I thought it may of been a new style beetle - funnily enough known for being a hairdressers car (hair dye) - don’t start putting two and two. As it’s a big jump.
    I think when you do most of the back reading to the case, you have exhausted all lines of new information, you start to work with what you’ve collected. Initially I guess there will be aspects which do not add up. I to have been down the financial route - not in as much detail but “in general” I think you are off the mark with your calculations and Claudia could live on much less, however there remains a question mark. What I do know is the police openly reveal research into this line of enquiry and it doesn’t seem to be questionable in their remarks anywhere. Another way of looking at the same aspect - is evidence of immoral earnings - prostitution? No Drugs No - the police have not said either of these lines of enquiry are of interest to them. I guess that isn’t to say a P.O.I. May of been involved in such. Questions questions questions, more questions than answers!
    Yes I do agree - it is of that design - the police must have it arriving or leaving on other cctv.

shadwell likes this.
  8. cheddarcat

cheddarcat Member

I had thought about this too as a chef in a uni canteen wouldn't have been paid a lot, especially back in 2009. I really don't think she was stealing from customers at the uni. I have heard that her dad helped her out financially quite a bit. It had also crossed my mind that perhaps the men she was seeing might have helped pay for things.

Friends in the media portrayed her as a really nice person, but after the conversation I had with my friend who had driven her to the Acomb area, I was surprised that his impression of her wasn't good at all.

Edit: spelling

9. Blonderabbit

The Stray
    Back to the Rucksack - I have just been looking at this link on the police microsite - about the possible sighting of a rucksack matching Claudias rucksack at 1pm on the 19th March 2009.
    If you take this as her rucksack and she took it there it must mean she stayed overnight elsewhere and came to work on a different route, possibly in a car, maybe walked. Take a look on google earth as it is now. Look at where the coop is, fulford police station, the shell garage and if you fly upwards you can see where Heworth is. Would she be there coming from Heworth?
    Claudia's blue and grey Karrimor rucksack

10. Blonderabbit

Wasn’t good in what way? Her friends say she was caring, publicly nobody has had a bad word to say about her even BH on the receiving end of her flirtatious behaviour ending her marriage to her childhood sweetheart.

Popejohn3 likes this.
  11. Blonderabbit

Could it be a black mark 2 focus?

12. cheddarcat

cheddarcat Member

I have thought about this, but if her toothbrush was still in the kitchen, why didn't she take it with her if she was staying over night somewhere?

susie sixpence and Popejohn3 like this.
  13. Miss Elizabeth

Miss Elizabeth Active Member

I didn't mean to imply she was stealing from anyone. My line of thought was the possibility she was selling things to the students, in light of the surveillance being conducted at the NH. I found it interesting that in the footage/pictures of the early morning activities on the 19th, there seemed to be a lot of people lurking around the area. Seemed an odd time for so many to be out and about and the theory put forward that perhaps a drug deal had gone wrong led me to my hypothesis.

Thanks for your response.

~E

14. cheddarcat

cheddarcat Member

When I mentioned her and asked about it he said "urgh, horrible woman". I asked why he thought that and he said she had spat in his face and accused him of taking her the longer route instead of the route she had requested. I guess that fits in with reports of her being being little 'messy' when drunk and saying the wrong thing or upsetting people

15. cheddarcat

cheddarcat Member

Oh I see what you mean, like passing on drugs or something?

16. Miss Elizabeth

17. UKjester

UKjester Active Member

It could be a number of vehicles in truth. The bits that stood out were the reg plate position and no visible rear reflectors on the bumper. Appeared to have a curved roof line and wings.
    Wouldn’t it be lovely to have access to footage from all the cameras and really make sense of the events

shadwell likes this.
  18. Miss Elizabeth

Yes, that's what I was thinking of.

19. Miss Elizabeth

Thanks Blonderabbit for your input. I did do a lot of research into the costs of things in the York area in 2009, but of course real life is usually significantly different than what the Google Machine provides. As I said, I do not live in the UK and I don't know how reliable things like cost of living indices are.

I was not thinking of prostitution at all, I was thinking more along the lines of selling that which the NG was under surveillance for. I think I will edit my original post as I think my use of the word "customers" is implying something that I do not wish to infer.

~E

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  20. Blonderabbit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.