UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by KateB, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Popejohn3

Popejohn3 Well-Known Member

LH was never considered a suspect
    Same re McGinty

Vixey and bootoagoose like this.

2. bootoagoose

bootoagoose Member

Alibied out, I suppose

Vixey likes this.
  3. keep-it-real

keep-it-real Well-Known Member

I understand where you are coming from...

JK had blonde hair blonde when Claudia disappeared.
    upload_2021-5-18_8-4-43.jpeg

Vixey likes this.
  4. curiosity2

curiosity2 Well-Known Member

Read somewhere about NH claiming Car Park CCTV not being turned on as it was off putting for customers. Was this decision taken shortly before Claudia disappeared, or had it been NH's normal practice that had been going on for years?

Officer Dibble, Vixey and Andyboy like this.
  5. keep-it-real

The Horwells business interests/plans.

You mention LH seen with boxes in his hand I know the photo you mean but I dont have it on file.
    Can you remember the year of the photo?
    I was hoping to do some resarch into contents and the application of them.
    I understand the photo was taken outside the Heworth place properties.
    The closest doctors surgerys were Heworth green surgery 7 mins walk and East Parade Surgery 5 mins.
    There are also boots pharmacy's in both those locations.

Claudias friend worked as a pharmacy technician at Boots Chemist Malton. She was in text communication with Claudia the nite she disappeared
    Snelling was a Lab technician at the Uni. He made weekend trips to Newcastle to visit his mother.
    LH brother Neil died unexpectedly in Portugual.

As you can see from just that one photo there is a lot to work on if you choose not to take everything on face value

These are my opinions only.

6. ragnorok

ragnorok Member

According to the stories it was a drugs hot spot so no surprise the cameras were not on in that car park.. just another reason why people who might know more don’t want to implicate themselves in a murder investigation..

7. keep-it-real

It was not just the cctv cameras in the Nags Head car park that appear to have been tampered with/disarmed. This report in the Guardian contains a comment from Malyn re cctv footage at Limes Court

Malyn said that a man pictured by a CCTV camera in Lime Court, Heworth Road, walking near to Lawrence’s house at the time of her disappearance “remains the most important person to trace”.

The review has managed to unearth additional CCTV footage from that same camera shot the previous evening which appears to show the same man in the same place, according to police. This footage has been examined by experts in the UK and abroad, but the force has not been able to identify the man.

Malyn added: “The lack of extended CCTV footage from that camera on the days and weeks either side of Claudia’s disappearance has been one of our biggest frustrations and is typical of the type of challenge that faces a cold case review team.”

CPS will not charge four men for Claudia Lawrence murder

Remember the figure climbing the traffic lights at Costcutter junction caught on the bus cam footage those traffic lights had a mounted camera on it too!

8. ragnorok

ragnorok Member

What I was saying was no they were not turned off because of Claudia and it would be pretty easy to prove if they were.. they were simply always off because of the reasons I said before.

I don’t remember anyone climbing any traffic lights we’ve been through this before but that bus footage doesn’t show that and it would be immediately obvious if that was the case but also it wouldn’t make sense for someone to be climbing traffic lights unless they were a lunatic who wanted to draw attention to themselves on a busy road.

Anyway back to your last point.. they are referring to alleyman and the guy possibly wearing a Sandy Mac hoodie who he stops to let pass but in my opinion is not stopping to let him not see him because he’s already half way towards him before he stops.

Those two men are what that article mentions are the key people they want the public to identify. I want technology to move to a point where I can be sure that alleyman is looking around him when he stops and then again when he turns the corner back on to heworth road because if we had that not only could we get a better look at his face but it would show how blatantly obvious his behaviour was.

9. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

NYP should analyse how alleyman walks and compare it to a handful of locals. Richard the train cleaners walk should be studied too. I think its called gait analysis

Vixey, Thelastleg and Popejohn3 like this.
  10. Popejohn3

The camera was turned off because some of the NH customers were known to drink and drive .

FromGermany1 and susie sixpence like this.
  11. keep-it-real

To be clear I did not say the Nags head cctv was turned off because of Claudia I said it wasnt just the cctv there that had been tampered with/disarmed.

yes the Guardian article mentions the alleyman and others shown on the cctv footage that they managed to retrieve from the Limes cctv camera but he clearly goes on to say

Malyn added: “The lack of extended CCTV footage from that camera on the days and weeks either side of Claudia’s disappearance has been one of our biggest frustrations and is typical of the type of challenge that faces a cold case review team.”

So lack of extended footage on the days and weeks either side of Claudias disappearance was a fustration for the review team. There are at least three cctv cameras mounted on the Limes buildings opposite the terrace of houses in Heworth place which could have given an extended view of anyone rounded the corner entering the back alley or visiting vehicles or properties in the days perhaps and even weeks leading up to and after CL's disapearance. This sort of information gathering helps build a more complete picture around what could be a possible crime scene.
    We could have been able to see where alleyman went before he returns and perhaps a better visual.
    NYP have never given an explaination of why there is a lack of footage from those cameras.

As for the figure ascending the traffic lights I respect your opinion but I have a different opinion.

Time will tell.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  12. keep-it-real

In this NYP update it is recorded that they did consult a Forensic Podiatrist (interpreting the way people walk from CCTV footage) I havent managed to find what the report said

Unsolved Claudia Lawrence investigation

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    FromGermany1 and Pinkizzy like this.
  13. Blonderabbit

Blonderabbit Well-Known Member

You will never have access to anymore than you have. If you go with the “4 theory” then this person has to be one of the four, otherwise it would be in theory the 5! Identify the man or the car which is in front of the suv on the evening off the 18th at 9.01 (bus footage) it is a key moment as Claudia isn’t seen or heard from again beyond this point.

14. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

I guess we should ask NYP for the answer to the question. They are not looking for the owner of the car in front of the SUV - they know the driver. Alternatively we can ask the neighbour (opposite Claudia's house) with private CCTV for any images of the driver and/or car

15. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

and I've always had a feeling about the fire escape at the Nags being involved. Just a feeling. JMO. MOO.

Popejohn3 and Raffy like this.
  16. Popejohn3

And since the police have not asked the public for information about that car one can assume they know all about it surely ?

bootoagoose likes this.
  17. Miss Elizabeth

Miss Elizabeth Active Member

Do we know anything more about the man Claudia was surprised to see at her door on Monday 16th? Apparently she looked up and down the road and let him in. Who saw this interaction and reported it?

~E

Officer Dibble and Popejohn3 like this.
  18. keep-it-real

Appeal for man with rucksack

Miss Elizabeth likes this.
  19. Miss Elizabeth

Miss Elizabeth Active Member

From the wording in this it almost seems like they were talking on the phone to eachother, and she was shocked to find him at the door. He thought it was a great surprise. Do we think this person could be the same one that walked across the street when the alley man saw him and stopped? I think that's the strangest thing - alley man stopping when light coat guy crossed the street.

~E

Officer Dibble likes this.
  20. ArcadeFire

ArcadeFire Well-Known Member

Do we know who JK ex boyfriend is who she split from to move in with Claudia temporarily? Just trying to think of possible avenues not looked at...

bootoagoose and BryterLayter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.