UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by KateB, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keep-it-real

keep-it-real Well-Known Member

A few loose ends.. can anyone help

<modsnip>

She was also reported as asking ex pat Alistair Campbell if he could find her work at a Stables. Does anyone have any info on which stables this was?

Given her love of horses was she ever known to have gone horse riding while on holiday in Cyprus?
    Did she ever make donations to any organisaions that cared for horses on the Island?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2021

2. Gladioli

Gladioli Member

The POI probs had different handsets by the time they got questioned and yeats later arrested.

3. Gladioli

Gladioli Member

The POI probs had different handsets by the time they got questioned and years later when arrested.

4. Blonderabbit

Blonderabbit Well-Known Member

The Rucksack.

whenever I think of this case, the 1 piece of the jigsaw which always ends up in my mind and I can’t fit it anywhere is the rucksack. If it was at home this case would be much easier to think about - it isn’t and why isn’t it?

putting the rucksack aside for a min, her slippers by the front door her boots gone? I just cannot see someone thinking it through to take her rucksack and leave the house precisely as though she had left for work.
    Another sticking point is her conversation with her father on the evening of the 18th - Peter offered Claudia the use
    on an early post, you said A.C. Was of interest from the start - so therefore you’d expect his handset to have been checked as soon as he came into view. I have been thinking over ACs curry and sofa. I have looked at his movements prior to 2009 and he does go out mid week, on business etc. Do a curry and sofa midweek is normal. That said, I feel in this case it’s either part or full fabrication. IMO

tayaway, BryterLayter and Gladioli like this.
  5. Blonderabbit

Close Encounters of the third kind
    When I think over the events of the 18th/19th of March 2009 - I really only evaluate two scenarios
    1. She came to harm at home
    2.She came to harm in the way to work.
    All of the evidence supports these two scenarios, for every shred that supports one, there’s something equal for the other.

How about a close encounter of the third kind - perhaps she wasn’t at home when she came to harm and in fact she left her home sometime during the 18th to another address in Heworth planning to stop the night and go to work from there. A new boyfriend perhaps who had access to other properties? It explains the missing rucksack, the house left as though she had gone to work, the bed made as not slept in, no signs of a disturbance and a difficult case to crack.

6. keep-it-real

Does anyone have a side profile photo of Claudia?
    Looking at this photo it appears to me that she may have a flatter side profile than I first thought

[​IMG]

7. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Copyright laws are such that you need to provide a link for that image or it will have to be removed.

BryterLayter and keep-it-real like this.
  8. Blonderabbit

Don’t forget your tooth brush.

The electric toothbrush on the drainer in the kitchen, not left in the bathroom - what could this suggest? Claudia was rushing to get ready, quickly cleaning her teeth before a rendezvous? Perhaps doing other things and getting ready at the same time? I noticed a thread somewhere highlighting a clock which had stopped at 9.01pm - did she knock it whist rushing to get ready and then put it back not realising the battery may have popped out? Or did something else take place in the kitchen? Was she getting ready for bed toothbrush in hand and suddenly found herself losing her footing?
    8.23 - 9.01pm - activity inside Claudias House and then the man seen on the bus cctv outside Claudias House - the clock, the toothbrush - the “early mornings text” all very curious IMO !!

Vixey, BryterLayter and tayaway like this.
  9. Blonderabbit

FromGermany1 and BryterLayter like this.
  10. Blonderabbit

It’s Been 10 Years Since She Vanished, And Still No One Knows What Happened To Claudia Lawrence
    Same article another point is - it shows a picture and says there was a man seen around the back of Claudias home, however then it’s showing a pic of “white jacket man” and NoT alleyway man?
    The pic with the white Astra van - shows a blue looking light? Is this a man in overalls or just a trick of the light?

BryterLayter and tayaway like this.
  11. keep-it-real

Popejohn3 likes this.
  12. keep-it-real

13. keep-it-real

I had to reread this...
    Is this poorly written or did someone correctly identify the female on Melrosegate Bridge as Claudia, and more importantly was was the hooded man also with a female?

Detectives also revealed there had been a reported sighting of Claudia at Melrosegate Bridge, with a woman spotted alongside a hooded man.

What happened to Claudia Lawrence? – The Sun | Hot Lifestyle News

14. Raffy

Raffy Member

A man and woman were sighted on the bridge but according to Ray Galloway, “We don’t know whether it is Claudia,” he said. “All we know is that she has mousey brown hair, though we don’t know the length.

Claudia Lawrence may have vanished from Melrosegate, York

Vixey, keep-it-real and Popejohn3 like this.
  15. keep-it-real

Yes. I had previously posted a link in my previous post #665 to an article which included the video of the Crimewatch programme in which Galloway says this when commentating on the reconstruction featuring the couple on the bridge and the arguing couple on University rd.
    All we know about Claudia Lawrence, 12 years on from the day she vanished

The article in the Sun may be just poor reporting of the details.. Did you notice it also says:- Claudia Lawrence was last seen near her home in Melrosegate, Heworth, York, on the evening of March 18, 2009.
    What happened to Claudia Lawrence?

Popejohn3, tayaway and Thelastleg like this.
  16. Popejohn3

Popejohn3 Well-Known Member

No I do not believe three people were spotted at Melrosgate bridge

FromGermany1 likes this.
  17. Popejohn3

Was the cigarette butt still there ? When police did a finger search of the area ?

18. keep-it-real

Was there ever a finger tip search along the melrosegate bridge area?

19. Popejohn3

I’m sure I’ve read it in one of the links posted today because I was a bit surprised I never heard that before

20. Popejohn3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.