UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by KateB, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Popejohn3

Popejohn3 Well-Known Member

Not that I am aware of !

Vixey likes this.

2. keep-it-real

keep-it-real Well-Known Member

When you make your first call to police you are given a crime ref number its standard procedure..
    It will be on record so no problem for you to retrieve it.

Popejohn3 and Vixey like this.
  3. keep-it-real

If thats the case then theres a good chance you could have a male and a female each carrying a mobile emitting a live signal bouncing off the same towers at the same time.
    If mobile phone tracking data was more accurate than we were lead to believe tracing individuals who were at the same location at the same time as Claudia could reveal a person who was in Claudias company up to the point her fone was powered down.

4. Blonderabbit

Blonderabbit Well-Known Member

Her phone and Claudia are not forced to be together at switch off. HOWEVER - they key time is 8.23pm on the 18th to 10am on the 19th as we know her phone remained near her home.

5. keep-it-real

Can I ask why you say 10.am on thurs 19th? .. NYP say her phone was switched off at 12.10pm on Thursday 19 March
    Claudias mobile phone is switched off

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    susie sixpence and Popejohn3 like this.
  6. Blonderabbit

Because - her phone was "reported to be near her home some four hours after she failed to turn up to work"

7. Blonderabbit

Claudia Lawrence's phone was still active near home four hours after she failed to turn up for work | Daily Mail Online
    interesting it states in the article - Handsets can be placed within the arc of the vector, but not a specific location.
    then it contradicts itself when it says -But investigators would treat it as her location until it was ruled out, he added.
    we know because of previous cases such as Holly and Jessica that mobile signals can be pin pointed

BryterLayter and Raffy like this.
  8. keep-it-real

Yes a lot of information put out there just seeks to confuse..
    If you have the time to look back in the earlier threads someone did calculate the area that the phone would have transmitted the signal from.. from memory it think it involved transmitting off 2 or three masts around York and used the 120 degree arc/sector showing where the signal bunces overlapped. sorry I didnt save it perhaps someone else has it on file.

It would disappointed to say the least if we were led to believe the calls were made from her house soley on the fact that her mum innocently assumed she was watching the same tv programme from her home.

Given the capabilities of GCHQ and the technology they have to hand I find it difficult that pinpointing a mble location would be a problem.

And remember Galloway was head of Intelligence at the time.

Popejohn3 likes this.
  9. Popejohn3

Popejohn3 Well-Known Member

It was not solely on what her mum surmised . As we know now there was an image of ‘someone ‘ going into her house at the time Claudia was meant to be ( going into her house ) This from the camera opposite her house .

10. keep-it-real

That was some 5 hours earlier PJ and NYP say they are not sure if she was at home when she made/received those calls they say 'we think'

Where they might just be covering all possibilities it leaves it open eneded particulary as they say she is not caught on cctv leaving the house at anytime after she arrived home on the 18th making how she disappeared even more mysterious.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    Popejohn3 and Thelastleg like this.
  11. Blonderabbit

Unless they have said that to you specifically, that isn’t the case. They have stated “she wasn’t seen anywhere on the 19th”

Thelastleg likes this.
  12. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Don't like it, but have to wait.

"Near her home" is not the same as "her home", I think. If she was at a neighbour's house, it might be, that nobody knows exactly. (We talked about CL leaving her home from the back entrance, going to the next property across the alley possibly.) To take the charger with her (IF so) makes only sense, if she needed it at a different location than her own home.

13. FromGermany1

susie sixpence likes this.
  14. Blonderabbit

This is a question for cold case - it’s stated her phone charger was in her house in some media reports and in others it’s missing - what is the answer?

FromGermany1, tayaway and Popejohn3 like this.
  15. FromGermany1

16. AcbMurders

AcbMurders Well-Known Member

17. Blonderabbit

I have not read anything apart from the links - on the face of it - it doesn’t look sinister - can you give me anymore info?

AcbMurders likes this.
  18. Andyboy

Andyboy Well-Known Member

On a slightly more positive note, it might be 12 years since claudia dissapered but today someone has been arrested for a well known murder not too far from me which took place in 1999,so I suppose there is always hope

19. AcbMurders

AcbMurders Well-Known Member

Best to go to the Marsha Wray thread to discuss

Blonderabbit likes this.
  20. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

Where does it say a camera picked up an image of claudia, opposite her house?Sorry I have missed that piece of information x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.