UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
You insinuated that the police are incompetent and the alternative method to get to the bottom of it all is to find the owner of the car, I'm more than happy to be corrected if I have misunderstood you.
If someone posts riddles it's left open to assumption.
I’m not insinuating the police are incompetent. They have gone as far as they can. So unless new evidence comes forward or there’s a confession there will be no answer. Everyone is left in limbo wondering what happened. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not assume. There’s no conclusion. Indications are the man in the footage is significant - it’s difficult to disclose my reasons on this forum, however I do feel the car and the person is a big piece of the puzzle.

I think a big piece of the puzzle is was Claudia actually at home then or had she left earlier.

Do not assume. There’s no conclusion. Indications are the man in the footage is significant - it’s difficult to disclose my reasons on this forum, however I do feel the car and the person is a big piece of the puzzle.

To the best or your ability can you describe the person you see next to the car.
Could you post a pic of the person and the car please

Do you think the man beside the car is the same person the police describe as alleyman?

Do you think the man beside the car is the same person the police describe as alleyman?

i have to say that IMO the person who appears to walk out from between the SUV and the front car is a bus CCTV ghost.
You would know if a bus was coming towards you so wouldn’t walk out into the road.
The speed the “person” travels appears too quick and also just as the bus passes what I initially believed to be a persons head seem to be visible against the house wall at 44 or 42 and not attached to a body

i have to say that IMO the person who appears to walk out from between the SUV and the front car is a bus CCTV ghost.
You would know if a bus was coming towards you so wouldn’t walk out into the road.
The speed the “person” travels appears too quick and also just as the bus passes what I initially believed to be a persons head seem to be visible against the house wall at 44 or 42 and not attached to a body
I can see how you could think that however 2 observations - 1. How coincidental he appears then. 2. He is walking hugging the car - he is clearly there

Further more ask the cold case team see what response you get. This person is significant.

I can see how you could think that however 2 observations - 1. How coincidental he appears then. 2. He is walking hugging the car - he is clearly there

In the spirit of friendly forum discussion I respectfully disagree.
Firstly this web page has the video to save my screen shots being removed:
Video: Claudia Lawrence appeal on Crimewatch and new CCTV footage | YorkMix

Just to check we are taking about the same person/object I have highlighted the “head” in the first image.
As you can see the person would have to be moving at the same speed as the bus. The last two images suggest the light part of the image is perhaps an illuminated window from a neighbouring house? The light can be seen on the last picture Top right of the MPH16.
If you track the video back and forth it becomes more clear it cannot be a person.
I must add I believed it was a person initially but repeatedly viewing the footage convinced me otherwise. Also watching it again shows there is nobody climbing up the first traffic light which was recently suggested. The footage certainly tricks the mind.
Just to add I wouldn’t speak to the CC team about it as I would expect them to tell me it isn’t a person.
They must however have a better idea of the car initially parked outside 46. If they have footage from another bus showing the SUV towards the roundabout it is most likely they have footage of the car if still parked or perhaps travelling in convoy with the SUV?

This is why sleuthing with selectedly released footage is so frustrating :-(

Attachments

• 7B7DB3E2-BE1E-465D-B6A2-E6DA71154ED8.jpeg
    7B7DB3E2-BE1E-465D-B6A2-E6DA71154ED8.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 153
  • 3F7C5117-4A0D-411B-8678-72ECF226B6C2.png
    3F7C5117-4A0D-411B-8678-72ECF226B6C2.png
    386 KB · Views: 147
  • D7283198-EAAA-48B3-9505-3C815C98F0C4.png
    D7283198-EAAA-48B3-9505-3C815C98F0C4.png
    393.7 KB · Views: 139
  • FF51B926-7D7C-4E49-B7D3-CEE00BC0E153.png
    FF51B926-7D7C-4E49-B7D3-CEE00BC0E153.png
    392.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 7ADA2371-1BB0-4CAA-86E5-71E589BB78BD.png
    7ADA2371-1BB0-4CAA-86E5-71E589BB78BD.png
    390.5 KB · Views: 140

Just to check we are taking about the same person/object I have highlighted the “head” in the first image.
As you can see the person would have to be moving at the same speed as the bus. The last two images suggest the light part of the image is perhaps an illuminated window from a neighbouring house? The light can be seen on the last picture Top right of the MPH16.
If you track the video back and forth it becomes more clear it cannot be a person.
I must add I believed it was a person initially but repeatedly viewing the footage convinced me otherwise. Also watching it again shows there is nobody climbing up the first traffic light which was recently suggested. The footage certainly tricks the mind.
Just to add I wouldn’t speak to the CC team about it as I would expect them to tell me it isn’t a person.
They must however have a better idea of the car initially parked outside 46. If they have footage from another bus showing the SUV towards the roundabout it is most likely they have footage of the car if still parked or perhaps travelling in convoy with the SUV?

Attachments

• 76F8617E-1C84-44F1-933C-10C0017284A1.jpeg
    76F8617E-1C84-44F1-933C-10C0017284A1.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 73
Here’s another shot from The bus cctv.
You can clearly see a man emerging from
Between the cars

Attachments

• 6821C233-24DB-4A21-AD51-8491351F47CA.jpeg
    6821C233-24DB-4A21-AD51-8491351F47CA.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 114
I've been reading the excellent posts here thanks. So many grey areas!

"Det Supt Malyn added: “Further analysis of Claudia’s mobile phone, particularly cell site activity, also shows she was in the Acomb area of York in the weeks leading up to her disappearance."

So there were 2 places CL was know to have gone; the Acomb pub (now Clockhouse) and the pub next to the Police station?

Surely LE must have more specific information than this? it doesn't add up!

"Det Supt Malyn added: “Further analysis of Claudia’s mobile phone, particularly cell site activity, also shows she was in the Acomb area of York in the weeks leading up to her disappearance."

So there were 2 places CL was know to have gone; the Acomb pub (now Clockhouse) and the pub next to the Police station?

Whenever particularly sozzled, Claudia Lawrence liked to play the same Elton John track, Your Song…

She was seen in a bar called Dusk and I think she had links to the Voodoo club

It’s bizzare no one wants to focus on finding the man in this pic - !!

Attachments

• B172DA55-AEC3-4CFB-BA70-3314B9670430.jpeg
    B172DA55-AEC3-4CFB-BA70-3314B9670430.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 64

The Carlton and the spotted cow again since January 2009 c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member