UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not really sure about that. It’s a naive point of view to think it’s a binary choice between right and wrong. I think of myself as fairly honest - if I was arrested for murder and I hadn’t done it - I’d be annoyed to say the least and I’d probably vent my disgust with no comment answers. I don’t feel
I’m alone. Yes there are I’m sure people feeling ashamed of themselves, tho through fear cannot break silence. It’s not a case of once the perp or perps are locked up the fear goes away - for an informant it’s where it starts. Yes they could be moved away given a new identity - but then kiss goodbye to the life they have established and the home family and friends they love and for what? Someone that’s been dead 12 years - as sad as it is. I wouldn’t

What a bizarre comment.. you’d not help an investigation just because the police arrested you? wow
And my comment was about the fact the type of people who say “no comment” in murder investigations are exactly the kind of people the journalists was referring to who threatened and warned him off.

Last edited:
That is no Optical illusion - it’s a man 100%. - ask cold case if you are in any doubt

I had thought it was perhaps someone perhaps blocking the car which made it difficult to figure out what the car was. But I still don’t believe it is.
You keep mentioning the Cold case team, what exactly did they say to you for you to be so adamant it is a person?

In the spirit of friendly forum discussion I respectfully disagree.
Firstly this web page has the video to save my screen shots being removed:
Video: Claudia Lawrence appeal on Crimewatch and new CCTV footage | YorkMix

Just to check we are taking about the same person/object I have highlighted the “head” in the first image.
As you can see the person would have to be moving at the same speed as the bus. The last two images suggest the light part of the image is perhaps an illuminated window from a neighbouring house? The light can be seen on the last picture Top right of the MPH16.
If you track the video back and forth it becomes more clear it cannot be a person.
I must add I believed it was a person initially but repeatedly viewing the footage convinced me otherwise. Also watching it again shows there is nobody climbing up the first traffic light which was recently suggested. The footage certainly tricks the mind.
Just to add I wouldn’t speak to the CC team about it as I would expect them to tell me it isn’t a person.
They must however have a better idea of the car initially parked outside 46. If they have footage from another bus showing the SUV towards the roundabout it is most likely they have footage of the car if still parked or perhaps travelling in convoy with the SUV?

This is why sleuthing with selectedly released footage is so frustrating :-(
The NYP haven’t appealed to the public to identify the SUV since the beginning of the investigation have they? They did initially but wasn’t it ruled out early on because it doesn’t seem to appear on the NYP timeline anymore. So why the sudden interest in the SUV again from some people here or am I missing something?

We know nobody has come forward about the two vehicles that still feature heavily in appeals.. the white Astra Van and the old style Light Ford Focus.. It’s like they don’t exist anymore in here..

Alleyman is said to be the key to solving the investigation. Dai suggested several people know who that is but are protecting him even following the second video footage released of him back in the same place acting suspicious asf again.

The 4 POI were pretty close to being caught once already.. I wonder which one of them it was who allegedly ‘confessed’ to someone and almost blew open the investigation..

I had thought it was perhaps someone perhaps blocking the car which made it difficult to figure out what the car was. But I still don’t believe it is.
You keep mentioning the Cold case team, what exactly did they say to you for you to be so adamant it is a person?
Yes perhaps your tight it’s a trick of the light.

One of the four poi said the police were mislead when they ( police ) were told someone had confessed.
IMO the police have been barking at the wrong tree(s) for the last 12 years and it’s going to take courage and honesty for the police to get out of that one !

One of the four poi said the police were mislead when they ( police ) were told someone had confessed.
IMO the police have been barking at the wrong tree(s) for the last 12 years and it’s going to take courage and honesty for the police to get out of that one !
Maybe the new guy (Mr Fox) will take the case on a new direction entirely.

No I’m pretty sure the police know these 4 POI were involved in some way. Like I’ve said If the 4 POI felt so strongly that they were not the right suspects they would have just answered the basic questions to help move the investigation away from them instead of the wall of silence which will only help them look even more guilty.

And the police already caught them lying when they found there DNA in Claudia’s house the second time round when they previously said they’d never been there before.

Last edited:
No I’m pretty sure the police know these 4 POI were involved in some way. Like I’ve said If the 4 POI felt so strongly that they were not the right suspects they would have just answered the basic questions to help move the investigation away from them instead of the wall of silence which will only help them look even more guilty.

And the police already caught them lying when they found there DNA in Claudia’s house the second time round when they previously said they’d never been there before.
May I know where I can find that info quoting these suspects saying they have never been in her house ?
I believe they were friends of hers and very likely would have ended in her house at some stage surly ?

Are we sure Claudia didn't walk through Tang Hall (past Coop) on her way to work?

The Carlton and the spotted cow again since January 2009 c
Thanks! That’s it.
I live in Ilkley near to York. I’m going to pay a visit to these places, I’m curious to understand adjacencies etc.
Curious as to what evidence the Police have to make them sure she left for work on Thursday 19th? - Surely those anonymous sightings of people arguing can’t be taken seriously?

I think a big piece of the puzzle is was Claudia actually at home then or had she left earlier.
Thanks! That’s it.
I live in Ilkley near to York. I’m going to pay a visit to these places, I’m curious to understand adjacencies etc.
Curious as to what evidence the Police have to make them sure she left for work on Thursday 19th? - Surely those anonymous sightings of people arguing can’t be taken seriously?
I thought Dai said carried through the back alley on the Wednesday evening! I wonder if cctv on the Friday 20th morning revealed alley person/white jacket person again, or in the days after x

Suzy cooper last met up with Claudia the Friday prior her disappearance , although they did not talk that evening and suzy did not see her father in the nags that night. So Friday the 20th neither Peter or Suzy had been in Claudias company for over a week. Is that correct ? x

Suzy cooper last met up with Claudia the Friday prior her disappearance , although they did not talk that evening and suzy did not see her father in the nags that night. So Friday the 20th neither Peter or Suzy had been in Claudias company for over a week. Is that correct ? x
Suzy had a week off work went down South .

Thanks! That’s it.
And why not ? The anonymous witness might even know more but 1 do not trust the police they can keep their mouth shut 2 do not wish to ever appear in court as a witness .

The Acomb Connection.

why the questioning to find out who she was with in Acomb in the weeks leading up to her disappearance ? What indicates that there’s any relevance in Acomb? Her phone signal had pin point accuracy way back in 2009. Because of the police focus on Heworth on the Erving of the 18th I’d think her phone signal remained in Heworth then. When it was switched off - perhaps it was switched off in Acomb - prompting the interest in Acomb.

The Acomb Connection.

why the questioning to find out who she was with in Acomb in the weeks leading up to her disappearance ? What indicates that there’s any relevance in Acomb? Her phone signal had pin point accuracy way back in 2009. Because of the police focus on Heworth on the Erving of the 18th I’d think her phone signal remained in Heworth then. When it was switched off - perhaps it was switched off in Acomb - prompting the interest in Acomb.
Which begs the question, how can the police know when the phone was switched off but not where?

The Acomb Connection.

The fustration here lies in the fact that this remains an open case so a lot of the details of the case are unavailable to the public. But I take the view if the police are interested in Claudia being in the Acomb area in the weeks leading up to her disappearance there is good reason for this.
If they are interested I can tell you I am too!
I dont think we should underestimate the value of the details NYP have been able to give us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member