UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I tend to dismiss/ ignore stills taken of a person in motion !
A video clip has to be better than a still surly?

A couple of points :
The silence from Fox could mean he doesn’t have a clue or he is busy pursuing a new hot tip / clue .
A naive question here and I’m sure people in the force know the answer: Does the appointment of a senior police officer make the case active or is it still Cold Case ?

Sorry I tend to dismiss/ ignore stills taken of a person in motion !
A video clip has to be better than a still surly?
Possibly but this is from NYP the lightened footage and looked at a few stills and the person appears different to other stills I have looked at previously. Who knows but I see a chap with tie on :rolleyes: Just what I see, so wondered if two different males. But take your point regarding cctv x

I understood she had left her cards at home in her handbag. Although she still could have used her card on the way home then put it in her bag when she got home I suppose.
I just wonder as her holiday with Jen had just been booked and her passport in handbag,Seems odd to carry passport in handbag so possible imo money and passport needed at that time x

Costcutters is displaying a Paypoint sign did Paypoint offer cash withdraws in 2009?.
The Post office on East Parade could also offer an option to access cash.
Google Maps

The ATM at the Shell petrol station?
York Uni?
Melrosegate Rd Post Office?
Melrosegate Mini Market?
Argh yes, Just looked on link to the bank in 2009 further down and ATMs are mentioned x

Attachments

• 4280A3AC-101B-41F4-8586-C4BC02CA9E13.jpeg
    4280A3AC-101B-41F4-8586-C4BC02CA9E13.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 9

ON the NYP website it says the Uni rucksack sighting was one similiar to Claudias
Claudia's blue and grey Karrimor rucksack

The bag sighted by DB in Memorial Gardens was very interesting he described it as being very large larger than a black bin bag with a flat top. It was covered in slime (so it could have been in the water) It was sat on pristine green grass in Memorial gardens from the position of the bag on the grass to the river is only a matter yards away from the rivers edge. there wellington road way runs between the garden and the rivers edge. looking at Memorial Gardens from the rivers edge to the left you have the Rowing Club with boat launch, to the right there is car parking and a multi storey building. Its worth noting that in 2009 the Gardens did not have railings.
What interested me is that RC worked and evening job cleaning carriages at York station which is literally a stones throw from Memorial gardens.
Could RC have discovered the bag and the contents in one of his student tennated properties and chose to remove and dispose of it in the river /M.Gardens?
Had someone used the boat launch at the rowing club to board a boat to make a get away by the river dumping the bag and its contents?
If only DB had looked in the bag

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly but this is from NYP the lightened footage and looked at a few stills and the person appears different to other stills I have looked at previously. Who knows but I see a chap with tie on :rolleyes: Just what I see, so wondered if two different males. But take your point regarding cctv x
I don’t recall nyp lightened anything but the people attached to Meduim did . I have be always dismissed that one !

ON the NYP website it says the Uni rucksack sighting was one similiar to Claudias

The bag sighted by DB in Memorial Gardens was very interesting he described it as being very large larger than a black bin bag with a flat top. It was covered in slime (so it could have been in the water) It was sat on pristine green grass in Memorial gardens from the position of the bag on the grass to the river is only a matter yards away from the rivers edge. there wellington road way runs between the garden and the rivers edge. looking at Memorial Gardens from the rivers edge to the left you have the Rowing Club with boat launch, to the right there is car parking and a multi storey building. Its worth noting that in 2009 the Gardens did not have railings.
What interested me is that RC worked and evening job cleaning carriages at York station which is literally a stones throw from Memorial gardens.
Could RC have discovered the bag and the contents in one of his student tennated properties and chose to remove and dispose of it in the river /M.Gardens?
Had someone used the boat launch at the rowing club to board a boat to make a get away by the river dumping the bag and its contents?
Is this the place where allegedly two police dogs took their handlers to ?

Well said "Thelastleg" The police case is around 4 men. The Team put it in front of the CPS, yes it is always good to keep an open mind, however 2 investigations and some of the most experienced detectives believe Claudia came to harm at the hands of people known to her. I have read probably all there is to read, clips, docu's, I have visited various aspects of the case and I am looking at two of the four, motive, I am unsure, though I find it hard to believe it was an execution, solely because the rucksack is missing - though she may have been lured away from her home sometime on the 18th. If you want progress and a successful outcome then IMO its the 4 we should be looking at
Which 2?

Have the police ever asked any questions about this car ? I always thought they wanted to know about the truck !?

1. Perhaps they didnt have to if they found both vehicles were owned by the same family.

2. Could the silver car already be known to the police?

3. Had they traced and eliminated it through lines of enquiry?

4. Is the silver car relevant to the case so details of it cannot be be disclosed?

I believe cold case ruled out any connection of DB ‘s sighting of this large bag with the Claudia Lawrence case .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member