UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by KateB, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

What did it say in the book?

Nikynoo, Vixey, Bibno and 1 other person like this.

2. Ruthbullock

Ruthbullock Well-Known Member

Think they were referring to her father as the reason - made sense to me. I feel with her father now sadly deceased, her mother has been allowed to become the spokesperson (no offence intended to her mum, but i get the impression they felt one spokesperson was enough and didn’t want to say the wrong thing- so stuck to whatever line police liaison suggested) and she’s at that point in her life she’s had enough and wants the truth- she’s much more vocal and critical/ seeking justifications about the police at the moment.

3. Jacques Clouseau

Jacques Clouseau Active Member

It would draw more attention to themselves, I imagine their movements are not going unnoticed by the police.

Nikynoo, Sunshine.77, Kangsul and 3 others like this.
  4. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

I recommend a read, but as far as I remember the families felt at times in the dark. Eventually of course they appreciated why.

Nikynoo and Officer Dibble like this.
  5. AerieFaerie

AerieFaerie Active Member

Yes, she’s been talking very frankly. I think it would be very risky for the police to keep her in the loop at the moment.

6. tulip182

tulip182 Member

If the police are looking in the right place they’ll be quietly trying to work out which one of them has given the info.
    That’s another thing I’m wondering about. Has one of them spoken out, and if so, are they safe or did the info come from another source. It seems that a neighbour who owned houses & businesses nearby and also had links to Cyprus passed away so possibly the info came from that person before they died or from their family. Just a thought.

7. keep-it-real

keep-it-real Well-Known Member

Perhaps an extradition order will be needed in the end

Nikynoo, Vixey, Candytuft and 3 others like this.
  8. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

You make a very valid point IMO

9. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

They named the killer really quickly, didn't they? I remember thinking he was a helpful caretaker until he wasn't...

Vixey, Nikynoo, Novosti and 1 other person like this.
  10. Popejohn3

Popejohn3 Well-Known Member

The 5th person does NOT look/ resemble Claudia and by quoting the sighting you are giving credence to it .The witness pointed out that the lady fitted the description of Claudia .
    I still maintain all mentioned friends of Claudia had nothing to do with her disappearance IMO

Officer Dibble, Nikynoo and Pinkizzy like this.
  11. cortina

cortina Well-Known Member

there are three stages wed want to go through.....finding claudia, identifying those responsible and finding out the motive.

of course, ideally Claudias mother needs all three, but there have been so many rumours about claudia that the motive is. particularly important here...and why shed rather the perp was Halliwell rather than anyone else...as ive. said before, that way anything rumoured about claudia can have played no part

12. Novosti

Novosti Active Member

Yes, a serial killer is akin to an unfortunate encounter with a wild animal. It removes the complicated human elements.

13. cortina

cortina Well-Known Member

ive just read the mirrors report and realised ive misunderstood something

I thought that when the police said that. searching this area was one of the lines of enquiry they were following, this was the only one based on new. information....but the way its reported in the mirror, the new information has led them to several new lines of enquiry...so it. wasn't just a case of someone saying...youll find claudia or evidence in this area of wood and lake

Nikynoo, tayaway, Bibno and 2 others like this.
  14. Jacques Clouseau

Jacques Clouseau Active Member

eye witnesses can be unreliable.
    I think in this case it’s difficult for the police to believe anything anyone says as there is clearly missing information and mis-information being planted to stymie the investigation.
    An eye witness description cannot be taken to be ‘established fact’ and it’s easy to adapt your appearance when you really need to. In my opinion

keef, Al Ka, Officer Dibble and 8 others like this.
  15. BryterLayter

BryterLayter Well-Known Member

I’m curious to know what are your thoughts on why the police arrested the 4 local York men on suspicion of murder in spring 2015?

16. Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper Active Member

To be fair, reading this thread you'd assume everyone she'd ever met was involved.

keef, Al Ka, RachelZachary and 6 others like this.
  17. Blonderabbit

Blonderabbit Well-Known Member

Ca
    n I ask if the sixth person knows the 5th person is responsible IMO ?
    tabak wasn’t. He had disappeared off. But there are cases like Huntley - tia sharp, the other one which I can picture but can’t think of her name - ransome woman

Nikynoo and Popejohn3 like this.
  18. Blonderabbit

Dan it’s likely there’s a number of people who either know or have strong suspicions but have never voiced them.

cortina, Nikynoo, arrogantcat and 3 others like this.
  19. Blonderabbit

Dan it’s likely there’s a number of people who either know or have strong suspicions but have never voiced them.
    I strongly disagree - there are studies on just this very point - it depends on your moral compass - let’s just take (the fifth person) to coin a phrase - it will be eating her alive - and there’s no way out apart from death. She cannot reveal anything on the others or she will be running for the rest of her life and if she keeps her mouth shut - prison time for a very long time I’d guess - if she comes out of prison alive it will be when she’s old and wrinkly having missed out on the best years of her life

20. BryterLayter

BryterLayter Well-Known Member

……Even Phil Spencer and Kirstie Allsopp, they were on her TV on the 18th….

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.