UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up-date as in a police briefing at 6pm?

I don’t think there is any link with poor Sarah Eveard, I believe that was a one of killing by the perpetrator who I won’t even name as he didn’t deserve the decency of that. Although Claudia was rumoured to be seeing a copper I suspect it was a local one as far as I’m aware Sarah’s killer was stationed in an entirely different part of the country.

Yes,I have just had a quick Google and cant find any mention of him ever having any links to York.
I think to be honest when she is found and her killer/killers caught not many of us will be suprised by their identities,or their reasons.

Cheers, could you post the update here as I have to nip out.

I don’t know if it was mentioned in this thread but Claudia is the Suzy Lamplaugh of my generation. Gives you a hint to my age there ;)

I think this police search will have rattled the perp(s) even if it draws a blank. It is peculiar the police invited the press. Maybe to get them on side and to be open and transparent to cut a break with the old investigation team but it does feel like there could be something in this… I hope they give an update even if it’s negative news

I was only 6 when Suzy went missing but I remember periodic crimewatch segments over the years, hers is another haunting case :(

Would you be willing to expand on the people and their reasons ?!

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Police have mentioned several times they believe people close to Claudia aren't being truthful about what they know

Det Supt Malyn said:
I am sure that there are some people who know, or who have very strong suspicions about, what happened to Claudia. For whatever reason, they have either refused to come forward, or have been economic with the truth.
I am left with the inescapable conclusion that this case could still be solved if only people were honest with us. The fact that they are not is agonising for Claudia’s family and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Claudia Lawrence case “could be solved if people were honest with us” say Police — Harrogate Informer

Last edited by a moderator:
Police have mentioned several times they believe people close to Claudia aren't being truthful about what they know

Yes I’ve also seen the video to that on YouTube, of the last police officer in charge speaking out on what he believes is that those close to Claudia are lying to the police and not being truthful with them.

Yes I’ve also seen the video to that on YouTube, of the last police officer in charge speaking out on what he believes is that those close to Claudia are lying to the police and not being truthful with them.

There have been so many rumours and with them genuine good people on here and elsewhere who have tried to work out what may have happened. The reality is that despite many people who care spending many many hours considering this case there has never been anything we can confidently say. Even whether view of something happened to her on the 18th or was it the 19th remains a 50/50 split in opinion which shows how difficult it is. I did note that a few months ago there were comments suggesting that 'a new line of enquiry' was being considered i dont have the actual quote here and now but kind of gave impression people/events involved may actually not have been on radar previously. If something was found in an environmental report last week not sure at this stage why not say so- if testing on items was required i would of thought completed by now, no idea to be honest!

Could be, with the passing of time, if a married couple both knew information and have now split (perhaps even with one possibly fearing their partner now) that they've gone to the Police for protection from this person they fear and with information. JMO MOO.

Could be, with the passing of time, if a married couple both knew information and have now split (perhaps even with one possibly fearing their partner now) that they've gone to the Police for protection from this person they fear and with information. JMO MOO.
True. “Changing allegiances” as the saying goes. Seeing how specific some of the search areas appear to be I’m increasingly tending towards ‘information received’ rather than a find during an environmental survey.

I asked you that as you said you can see them reacting differently over the past 6/7 hours?
There have been so many rumours and with them genuine good people on here and elsewhere who have tried to work out what may have happened. The reality is that despite many people who care spending many many hours considering this case there has never been anything we can confidently say. Even whether view of something happened to her on the 18th or was it the 19th remains a 50/50 split in opinion which shows how difficult it is. I did note that a few months ago there were comments suggesting that 'a new line of enquiry' was being considered i dont have the actual quote here and now but kind of gave impression people/events involved may actually not have been on radar previously. If something was found in an environmental report last week not sure at this stage why not say so- if testing on items was required i would of thought completed by now, no idea to be honest!
There’s many aspects to the case - motive, sequence of events, which days - who was involved, where did it happen who has knowledge etc. If it was a horse race and I’d be putting my money on a nag/nags they’d be clear favourites. It’s just a waiting game now - fingers crossed the police will strike lucky and it will all unravel

True. “Changing allegiances” as the saying goes. Seeing how specific some of the search areas appear to be I’m increasingly tending towards ‘information received’ rather than a find during an environmental survey.
Searches for missing person
possibly though I think they will have a strategy - based on the geography - water flow - accessibility etc - I’m sure they will search the most likely places first.

Did you see the DM drone photos?
I’m not reading anything into it, it’s a possibility they are focusing on specific areas given statistical information - the likely abandonment of a body so far from a road/footpath - I’ve read somewhere it’s a given distance. You can look at previous similar cases - Ian Huntley, Sarah Everard, Joanne Yeates, there was another chap from Hull he killed his girlfriend on Valentine’s Day her name was Joanne I think. He eventually led police to her. I wonder what goes through the killers mind - you’d think it would make sense to travel deep into the undergrowth and make a good job of concealment - but time and time again you see them found close to roads and footpaths.

It's quite an extensive strip back of a long thin section, parallel to the road. From these photographs, they look to have already cleared such a section c. 20 metres long, maybe more.

There might have been an existing small path there that they are effectively flattening and widening. Whatever the reason, it looks very purposeful and specific.

I’m guessing they haven’t stripped the undergrowth back to the soil along that strip next to the road for extra car parking.

I’m not reading anything into it, it’s a possibility they are focusing on specific areas given statistical information - the likely abandonment of a body so far from a road/footpath - I’ve read somewhere it’s a given distance. You can look at previous similar cases - Ian Huntley, Sarah Everard, Joanne Yeates, there was another chap from Hull he killed his girlfriend on Valentine’s Day her name was Joanne I think. He eventually led police to her. I wonder what goes through the killers mind - you’d think it would make sense to travel deep into the undergrowth and make a good job of concealment - but time and time again you see them found close to roads and footpaths.
Which might bring us to the possibility that the decision to search at Sand Hutton is based primarily on theoretical aspects: Deposition and Dispersal of Human Remains as a Result of Criminal Acts *advertiser censored* sapiens sapiens as a Taphonomic Agent (DRAFT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson