UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by KateB, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Popejohn3

Popejohn3 Well-Known Member

CL often invited people over from the NH after closing time . Also she at times had done it ie no show !

dotr, HCcoffee and Vixey like this.

2. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

looking at Images in the press this eve, just heartbreaking ❤️‍ :(

Attached Files:

Yozzer, Officer Dibble, Bibno and 9 others like this.
  3. keep-it-real

keep-it-real Well-Known Member

Screenshot 1.12

dotr likes this.
  4. Blonderabbit

Blonderabbit Well-Known Member

Is that a bag? - looks about 5ft in length in foetal position - surely not.

5. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

Does white jacket person walk alone in this clip?x

Woodburnbay likes this.
  6. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

I wondered what it was across from the ton bags ahead x

Woodburnbay likes this.
  7. keep-it-real

No hes not alone

Vixey likes this.
  8. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

Suzy was with them, perhaps mentioned what was and wasn’t in the right place. I read and not sure how true, GF and CL would sometimes have lock ins just the two of them, and he would go back to Claudia for drinks after closing time. The slippers were unusual, but a prank gift granny slippers by suzy to Claudia. But no idea why placed at the fire like that x

AcbMurders, dotr, HCcoffee and 2 others like this.
  9. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

Why is the person only seen in snippets then. They would not be edited out surely. I know a case where police done that recently, but only as they established and wanted to keep their identity x

Officer Dibble and Woodburnbay like this.
  10. keep-it-real

Yes its due to the editing

Vixey likes this.
  11. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

So at that time, who was it I wonder x

Kaykedi likes this.
  12. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

13. sloooth

sloooth New Member

I find it really suspicious of the police that they gave the friend from the NH, who is involved romantically with one of the four who arrested a few years ago, a heads up before they even bothered to alert Claudia's own mother.

The coppers either think they know with near certainty what they're going to find and can afford to be this brass (perhaps even misunderestimating their intel in the process and will find nothing), playing a complete blinder doing the whole 'psychological' thing hoping someone will become spooked enough to spill some beans (a technique that has already been tried and never worked btw) or they're just incredibly corrupt and passing on some juicy exclusive intel to a certain company director, his brother and their two friends so they can cover their tracks (thinking along the lines of several other botched police investigations where they were alleged to be a bit too friendly with the accused, the Damien Nettles case springs to mind).

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  14. Vixey

Vixey Well-Known Member

Yes it’s possible Jen was making a point they knew and were being told when and why searches were taking place. Who told them and surprised if Joan kept in the dark, which is fair enough imo. But if telling friends then really I would be furious. What exactly is going on as I don’t believe such searches are taking place with no evidence and good evidence at that, hmm x

15. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Al Ka, Becky53, Woodburnbay and 2 others like this.
  16. UKjester

UKjester Active Member

i believe it is the police “shaking the tree” the suspects may be under surveillance and vehicles bugged. The heads up to JK may be the start of it to see what happens. IMO

Candytuft, Woodburnbay and cortina like this.
  17. UKjester

UKjester Active Member

I think it was a more modern type as the old LDVs had candles for headlights. I was thinking more Renault but haven’t seen the clip for a while.

Makes me wonder if this was linked to the thinking that CL absconded to Cyprus in the back of a van. The van/s were being collected from Scotland and driven back to Cyprus. Did NYP see CLs text to the chap in Cyprus on the 18th as a coded message?

18. keep-it-real

Thankks Vixey I have that one just out of interest I looked up nose touching under reading body language

Nose Touching –
    Someone may touch or slightly rub their nose if they are doubtful about what is being said or if they are rejecting an idea. Rubbing the nose may also be a sign of deceit because the person is uncomfortable with what they are saying. ... When a person looks directly upwards they are often simply thinking.6 Mar 2018

What does your body language say about you? - Creativedge ...

Candytuft, Woodburnbay and Vixey like this.
  19. cortina

cortina Well-Known Member

yes, I know we had a discussion. about dan....when we did, someone who knew a. lot about Claudius life said that that wasn't the only strong link she had with Newcastle
    none of us reacted....I assumed some of the others knew about it, but I just kept it in mind.
    last night there were reports coming in of the skeletal remains of an adult found buried near a stables near Newcastle....realise this. is probably irrelevant, but thought id mention it
    sorry, ill be quiet now

20. cortina

cortina Well-Known Member

I did promise to be quiet, but just adding detail....I was. staying with friends on the Lincolnshire coast a few years ago when a pensioner couple were killed in a neighbouring village
    their son...who they'd virtually disowned...was part of. a drugs gang and. there'd been some kind of trouble with another gang....he was in prison so they couldn't touch him, so they'd killed his innocent parents instead.
    all im saying. is that its possible...if claudia had been involved with a member of a drugs gang in some way, they could have put pressure on her friends to help clear up

just saying.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.