UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricia is currently in the UK and covered the Claudia Lawrence case in her podcast just a few hours ago.

This thread is open again for responsible discussion, and as long as our members can post in accordance with TOS, it will remain open.

Please remember our rules because excessive violations are what cause thread closures. We don't like having to do that but we only have a few Mods who are very busy with hundreds of other cases.
Thank you. I will listen to the podcast. Could @Tricia not go to York and interview the detectives on this case? We have so many questions!!

Last edited:
so listenting to Tricia's podcast and the recent case of ID'ing cold case victims, I am wondering whether LE would try and find the male DNA profile on the cigarette stub found in claudias car? Is this something that they would look at do you think?

I wonder if he made provision for Claudia in his will in the event that she miraculously reappeared
Usually there is provision for all siblings with the proviso that if they die leaving no issue, their share goes elsewhere (usually the other siblings or their issue.

I cannot remember if Claudia is officially deceased now - if she is, the wording in the will would be different. I am wondering about Claudias house - will that be sold at some point? or at least let out?

Tricia is currently in the UK and covered the Claudia Lawrence case in her podcast just a few hours ago.

This thread is open again for responsible discussion, and as long as our members can post in accordance with TOS, it will remain open.

Please remember our rules because excessive violations are what cause thread closures. We don't like having to do that but we only have a few Mods who are very busy with hundreds of other cases.
Thank you for your reply.

Thank you. I will listen to the podcast. Could @Tricia not go to York and interview the detectives on this case? We have so many questions!!
Tricia is on a well-deserved vacation and I'm not sure what her itinerary is. It will be up to her what she is able to devote her time to.

Usually there is provision for all siblings with the proviso that if they die leaving no issue, their share goes elsewhere (usually the other siblings or their issue.

I cannot remember if Claudia is officially deceased now - if she is, the wording in the will would be different. I am wondering about Claudias house - will that be sold at some point? or at least let out?
Not heard whether or not Claudia is now classed as officially deceased

Not heard whether or not Claudia is now classed as officially deceased

I think she may have been declared dead now, I will see if i can find anything to back that up but for now call it JMO, I believe that's how her parents (parent now) can make decisions over her estate?.

ETA It seems that she has not been declared dead and the reason for her family being able to take control of her estate is due to a new 'presumed dead' law passed in 2013.

Last edited:
I think she may have been declared dead now, I will see if i can find anything to back that up but for now call it JMO, I believe that's how her parents (parent now) can make decisions over her estate?.

ETA It seems that she has not been declared dead and the reason for her family being able to take control of her estate is due to a new 'presumed dead' law passed in 2013.
Also Claudia’s Law will help, which her father campaigned for and brought about in 2019.

so listenting to Tricia's podcast and the recent case of ID'ing cold case victims, I am wondering whether LE would try and find the male DNA profile on the cigarette stub found in claudias car? Is this something that they would look at do you think?
I believe they searched through ‘familial dna’ but to no avail .

The vehicle had been in a couple of times for repair into the lead up of Claudias disappearance. How long had Claudia owned the second hand car, and was it still under guarantee!

Totally agree!
Alley man was A/C and the other is David! confirmed by NYP in original releases . Provided on the wayback machine files. It is what it is x However, I feel the issues go back to paddy mginty, since Claudia had re kindled her relationship at the spotted cow since late January that year!

Alley man was A/C and the other is David! confirmed by NYP in original releases . Provided on the wayback machine files. It is what it is x However, I feel the issues go back to paddy mginty, since Claudia had re kindled her relationship at the spotted cow since late January that year!
The Spotted Cow reopened yesterday after being closed for ages. I wonder if the same clientele visit.

One point which needs clarification is - is there any evidence she walked through her front door after work on the afternoon of the 18th March 2009. As it’s assumed if she did that she’s at home when talking to mum and dad on the evening of the 18th March. You then have to deal with the unfathomable of did she go out the back because she was never in any cctv going out the front. On either 18th or 19th.

If there’s doubt then other possible close by locations can more thoroughly be evaluated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member