UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
JK was living in burnholme in 2007,with a friend.Was she living with Claudia prior Heworth road. JK also stated she met up with Claudia to discuss a problem she had. Alexandria,Claudias sister confirmed this as Claudia told her the same upon cancelling a planned visit. So was that Tuesday or Wednesday! It must have been a serious matter to cancel her sister, yet again. Apart from work colleagues on Wednesday, was JK the last friend to see Claudia in person. I wonder If Claudia helped JK with her problem on the Wednesday evening x
Was JK in a relationship with a man at the time she was discussing the problem? Was JK concerned about her partners fidelity?
Was JK discussing this problem with the wrong person?

JK was living in burnholme in 2007,with a friend.Was she living with Claudia prior Heworth road. JK also stated she met up with Claudia to discuss a problem she had. Alexandria,Claudias sister confirmed this as Claudia told her the same upon cancelling a planned visit. So was that Tuesday or Wednesday! It must have been a serious matter to cancel her sister, yet again. Apart from work colleagues on Wednesday, was JK the last friend to see Claudia in person. I wonder If Claudia helped JK with her problem on the Wednesday evening x
Sister of missing Claudia Lawrence tells of growing family heartache, two years after chef vanished
Her sister says it was a weekend that Claudia cancelled their visit because she was helping her friend. Makes sense all round to be a weekend where people are off work, school etc - imo

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence's best pal tells of heartbreaking 10-year search
Then in this article JK says

"Jen last saw Claudia at the Nags Head just three days before she went missing.

She says: “We’d all been in the pub for Cheltenham Day on the Friday before she disappeared. We had both been drunk. She had beer fear. If she’d been drinking she was always worried she’d done something to upset someone. She never had.

1x1.png
Then after I saw her on the Sunday we texted like normal."

This would tie in with her cancelling the weekend with her sister if JK was the friend she was helping and it must have been the weekend of the 14th/15th. Another indication in my own opinion that something troubling happened at the pub that Friday 13th, Cheltenham cup day.

I have seen the contradictory comments though about the timeline ( wish we could link them to talk about them properly!)

Never mind - have found this - Cuba 'lover' in Claudia quiz
Sister of missing Claudia Lawrence tells of growing family heartache, two years after chef vanished
Her sister says it was a weekend that Claudia cancelled their visit because she was helping her friend. Makes sense all round to be a weekend where people are off work, school etc - imo

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence's best pal tells of heartbreaking 10-year search
Then in this article JK says

"Jen last saw Claudia at the Nags Head just three days before she went missing.

She says: “We’d all been in the pub for Cheltenham Day on the Friday before she disappeared. We had both been drunk. She had beer fear. If she’d been drinking she was always worried she’d done something to upset someone. She never had.

1x1.png
Then after I saw her on the Sunday we texted like normal."

This would tie in with her cancelling the weekend with her sister if JK was the friend she was helping and it must have been the weekend of the 14th/15th. Another indication in my own opinion that something troubling happened at the pub that Friday 13th, Cheltenham cup day.

I have seen the contradictory comments though about the timeline ( wish we could link them to talk about them properly!)
Correction : Ali Claudia’s sister does not live in Yorkshire !

Jan King says , in one of the links above , that the police raided her house 6 years later !
She also says they expected the police to have done that on day one so to speak !
One has to ask : what could the police hope to find six years later ?
The answer in my opening is nothing !i believe the new investigators had the authority from above to install listening devices !
Perhaps Whitehall1212 can shed some light on this !
I am still convinced the police have been barking at the wrong trees !

Jan King says , in one of the links above , that the police raided her house 6 years later !
She also says they expected the police to have done that on day one so to speak !
The answer in my opening is nothing !i believe the new investigators had the authority from above to install listening devices !
They may have raid3ed the house to unsettle them, which can be a common tactic and as you say Pope, Listening devices.
But I fear those two are too clever to discuss anything they wouldn't want to be recorded.

yes I know. I said. id go..but I think jk has been very clever in the interview linked above...she deliberately mentions that Claudia had never upset anyone when she was drunk, but I think...can someone. confirm this please...that on the. day of the gold cup the pub was unusually full...so not just the usual crowd...more chance of upsetting. someone.

I think the police think these are 2 people with information they can pin. down and they'll give something away eventually to help them get to the truth...not working out that way

Cheltenham Gold Cup comes up in another murder case. Sian O'Callahan's boyfriend and mates had been to the Gold Cup day when Sian went missing. Diversion tactics by the taxi driver(could have been Chris Halliwell) knowing she would be up town on her own. Could be a similar situation, imo.

yes I know. I said. id go..but I think jk has been very clever in the interview linked above...she deliberately mentions that Claudia had never upset anyone when she was drunk, but I think...can someone. confirm this please...that on the. day of the gold cup the pub was unusually full...so not just the usual crowd...more chance of upsetting. someone.
Why at all did JK ever mention, that Claudia always thought to have someone upset during her especially drunken states? It must have been a THEME between JK, Claudia and others, probably not unfounded and not just harmless. Also Claudia made faces behind other people's backs, when she was drunk - not the fine English way, as I would say as a German. Why were we told her bad manners? I think, to show us, that very well she could have made herself some enemies over time. Was that a reason for JK to tell us?

My thoughts on her saying that were it was an odd thing to mention unless there was some substance to it.

if Claudia did go over the top when drunk on gold cup day there are 2 possible elements to it
1. if there were people there who weren't used to her, they could have been greatly offended.
2. its one thing to mock your friends or their secrets in your own small. group, its quite another to do it. in public

People don’t kill days after they’ve just been offended !
If the ‘offence ‘ was done in public then people would point fingers at you straight away !
It’s seems fingers were pointed west from day one ie towards Manchester ! And remember she was missing then ! The police were probably looking for her not who done it ! Imo

If the ‘offence ‘ was done in public then people would point fingers at you straight away !
It’s seems fingers were pointed west from day one ie towards Manchester ! And remember she was missing then ! The police were probably looking for her not who done it ! Imo
offended was. an understatement.....are you saying Manchester is a. likely or unlikely place to look for the perps....I think Claudia probably upset a lot of people, but maybe one or more hid their true feelings.

do you think Claudias death had anything to do with gold cup day in the. nags

I personally think that Manchester is a useful place to consider....but its odd that Claudia was avoiding the nags too

Without arresting a friend on suspicion. I am not implying they could,would or should. Would they have taken the DNA of all associated friends. I find it strange Claudias friend was informed prior of the lake search. But Joan was not! x

Perhaps that was due to the fact JK contacted DW, the very same day Claudia was reported missing.Perhaps the fact an ex partner, separated for some time and not in regular contact, apparently. Triggered a red flag ‍♀️

Why at all did JK ever mention, that Claudia always thought to have someone upset during her especially drunken states? It must have been a THEME between JK, Claudia and others, probably not unfounded and not just harmless. Also Claudia made faces behind other people's backs, when she was drunk - not the fine English way, as I would say as a German. Why were we told her bad manners? I think, to show us, that very well she could have made herself some enemies over time. Was that a reason for JK to tell us?
Or to divert our thoughts. JK had a problem and Claudia had possibly involved herself . Perhaps manipulation of the facts!

It may take a few days though to organise a hit or the message to get back to the offended party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288