UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
JK and Claudia had booked their holiday, starting a week later.Easter break! RC said she had planned to stay with him, and visited him many times. SS said he had grossly exaggerated the amount of trips previously,and if visiting, would stay with him.Two very different accounts, from two friends on the island.
do you think its possible. that Claudia compartmentalised her. life to such an extent that these 2 didn't know about some. visits shed made to either of them...doesnt explain ss changing his story though

Vixey who is ‘he’ SS or RC ?
Robbie Campbell and Steve Sammons. Both appeared defensive and conflicting stories. Sammons suggested Campbell was infact lying in regards to her visits. Steve Sammons knew Claudia the longest from heworth. Along with the Oil tycoon Son George(Simon) Forman. Who previously lived in a shared house in Heworth with Mathew Forman. Now I believe back living in Ireland. All known Claudia roughly 12 years and all except Claudia are Bahrain expats. Robbie however was the Joint owner of the Bar in Cyprus, and was one of the four collecting vans from scotland. He previously lived in scotland and worked in his community as a joiner. The four passed york, but did not stop.

do you think its possible. that Claudia compartmentalised her. life to such an extent that these 2 didn't know about some. visits shed made to either of them...doesnt explain ss changing his story though
I often wonder if Steve discovered that Robbie was passing york, in the U.K. and informed Claudia. Her last text! Steve sammons said in a interview, he remembered his previous messages. He however could not remember the content of his last message.I found this very odd x

Missing Claudia Lawrence did not come to Cyprus 4 years ago, insist pals | UK | News | Express.co.uk

This article seems to cover most of the Cyprus references, but it also gives a really good example of how those in contact with Claudia have different versions of the same events, which leads to so much confusion with Claudias case.

In the article DW says he and CL visited 3 times, starting in 2004, then she went a further 8 times after that. So 11 visits to Cyprus for CL.

SS says he went with CL once in 2007,and JK went with CL once the following year. CL had no other visits to Cyprus. So 2 visits to Cyprus for CL.

RC says CL text him wanting to visit but it was too expensive. He offered her accommodation but she said flights were still too expensive. He then says he expected her to be visiting the 1st week of April.

SS talks about texts between him and CL that seem to mirror these, although he says she was looking towards September for a visit, and he was expecting her to stay in the same hotel she had previously. He says he was unaware of any plans between RC and CL.

Police question the man who sent missing Claudia her last text from Cyprus

Then in this article its stated SS moved to Cyprus in 2008, and that CL visited him alone. Its not specified how many times, but even if just the once in the october ( the visit mentioned by DW), thats still a seperate visit from the once he already spoke about where she went with JK.

Add to this the claims she had recently booked a holiday with one friend, and was meeting a seperate friend that week to discuss booking a holiday with her, and its really easy to see why people doubt the truthfulness of those around CL or think that there is alot not being told. Its also easy to see how this case gets complicated.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying any of this or the people mentioned are connected to her disappearance. It's just another subject in Claudias life where the statements given about what was happening are less than clear and straight forward. Its easy to get hung up on a detail to only read a different account later on - imo.

I often wonder if Steve discovered that Robbie was passing york, in the U.K. and informed Claudia. Her last text! Steve sammons said in a interview, he remembered his previous messages. He however could not remember the content of his last message.I found this very odd x
The police know his last message!
They took his phone away and probably was told not to divulge the message!
I think many of her friends were proud of her and loved her . Hence the attitude of I knew her best/longest/ my best friend etc

Missing Claudia Lawrence did not come to Cyprus 4 years ago, insist pals | UK | News | Express.co.uk

This article seems to cover most of the Cyprus references, but it also gives a really good example of how those in contact with Claudia have different versions of the same events, which leads to so much confusion with Claudias case.

In the article DW says he and CL visited 3 times, starting in 2004, then she went a further 8 times after that. So 11 visits to Cyprus for CL.

SS says he went with CL once in 2007,and JK went with CL once the following year. CL had no other visits to Cyprus. So 2 visits to Cyprus for CL.

RC says CL text him wanting to visit but it was too expensive. He offered her accommodation but she said flights were still too expensive. He then says he expected her to be visiting the 1st week of April.

SS talks about texts between him and CL that seem to mirror these, although he says she was looking towards September for a visit, and he was expecting her to stay in the same hotel she had previously. He says he was unaware of any plans between RC and CL.

Police question the man who sent missing Claudia her last text from Cyprus

Then in this article its stated SS moved to Cyprus in 2008, and that CL visited him alone. Its not specified how many times, but even if just the once in the october ( the visit mentioned by DW), thats still a seperate visit from the once he already spoke about where she went with JK.

Add to this the claims she had recently booked a holiday with one friend, and was meeting a seperate friend that week to discuss booking a holiday with her, and its really easy to see why people doubt the truthfulness of those around CL or think that there is alot not being told. Its also easy to see how this case gets complicated.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying any of this or the people mentioned are connected to her disappearance. It's just another subject in Claudias life where the statements given about what was happening are less than clear and straight forward. Its easy to get hung up on a detail to only read a different account later on - imo.
Thank-you for the breakdown of Cyprus visits. I agree with your views. Lots of confusion created. I thought DW as the first thought of call from JK on the Friday was odd.Him and Claudia was separated for some time,and not really in regular contact. However he know those coming over with the vans, who him and Claudia met in Cuba. Another exchange in messages that night was to Liz. A Malton friend who Claudia had started drinking with again at the spotted cow! The pair had holidays in the years prior in Portugal. Sadly Claudias ex lovers brother died of a sudden heart attack there in Portugal also. Another note is Claudias sister mentioned an ex partner of Claudias, where they both tried to fly to America. Criminal record effected their plans. Odd question, but can you fly America- cuba?

I think many of her friends were proud of her and loved her . Hence the attitude of I knew her best/longest/ my best friend etc
Yes, I believe Claudia had many best friends. A popular young lady x

So that last message was perhaps relevant, if he was willing to divulge the earlier exchanges that day.

yes, I think there's some truth in that...for example ss saying she made. fewer visits than he'd previously claimed made me think he was trying to distance himself from her...but then he goes out off the. way to say she mostly stayed with him...I imagine that, especially after shed had a few drinks, Claudia was good at mocking one while she was with the other.

some posts ago, someone said there was some disagreement about the timeline...what is that
do we know who Claudia was with in the. nags on the day of the gold cup

yes, I think there's some truth in that...for example ss saying she made. fewer visits than he'd previously claimed made me think he was trying to distance himself from her...but then he goes out off the. way to say she mostly stayed with him...I imagine that, especially after shed had a few drinks, Claudia was good at mocking one while she was with the other.

some posts ago, someone said there was some disagreement about the timeline...what is that
No as suzy cooper said she did not recognise them.I am sure she may have tried to discover their identity since her friends disappearance. However last year on social media, suzy stated she still had no idea x

No as suzy cooper said she did not recognise them.I am sure she may have tried to discover their identity since her friends disappearance. However last year on social media, suzy stated she still had no idea x
I've always found her account of that Friday a little off. If I went to a pub to meet my friends as usual, and they were there drunk with people I didn't know, I would grab a drink, a seat and join them. Yes they might be irritating because they are drunk while I'm sober, but I would still have joined them, at least for a while, and in doing so, likely have found out who they were. Plus you would think JK would know who they were since she was also there that day, and would have told SC by now?

I've always found her account of that Friday a little off. If I went to a pub to meet my friends as usual, and they were there drunk with people I didn't know, I would grab a drink, a seat and join them. Yes they might be irritating because they are drunk while I'm sober, but I would still have joined them, at least for a while, and in doing so, likely have found out who they were. Plus you would think JK would know who they were since she was also there that day, and would have told SC by now?
You would have thought so. So she does know, and cannot say possibly x

on the other hand, I suspect that's more about power and the vanity of ss

jk must have known who they were if she was there when they came in......presumably sober...surely Claudia would. have introduced them...but you never know...she might just have said these are some friends of mine...unfortunately I think she wove a twisted web

You would have thought so. So she does know, and cannot say possibly x
I really think there seems to be alot about that Friday night that doesn't get talked about, or doesn't quite make sense.
Even eliminating all the rumour and heresay that has been on social media, theres still enough in msm to raise questions imo

Jk says she and CL took friday afternoon off to spend it in nags head because it was Cheltenham day. My thoughts are
1, did SC not get invited, or could she not get time off work?
2, Did they plan the afternoon in the pub because they knew certain people would be there?
3, Did either of them invite the group they were with later? As if SC claims not to know them, they couldn't have been regular or casual drinkers at the Nags, but CL seemed to keep friendship groups seperate

SC says she got to the pub around 9pm....
1, seems a little late to head to a local pub, unless you were possibly expecting a lock in.
2, Just my own thoughts, but because it was later in the evening, I doubt SC knew JK and CL had been there all afternoon as I would have thought she would have wanted to get there earlier to join in, making me think she was left out of the arrangements that night
3, she doesn't join them, which is odd given how close they were all supposed to be, making me think there was a reason

There is a post on thread 15 by Gladioli which I won't elaborate on too much since I don't have links to their info, but basically talks about CL being seen having a moment with a nags regular

JK says CL was worried the next day incase she had upset someone
1, Did CL upset someone?
2, was it a common occurrence?
3, Did any upset take place during a lock in so the only witnesses were the regular after hours group?

Jk goes on to say that after she had seen CL on the sunday they were texting as normal
1, Did they have something to sort out before they could continue texting as normal?

SC says she wishes she had said different things that night
1, did she say things she now regrets that night
2, did she not tell CL things that she was aware of that CL wasn't?

If I could talk about social media posts there's alot more to add!

Another thing I wonder about, is if no one was too worried about CL no showing on the Thursday night because there had been an incident on the Friday, CL had been avoiding the Nags, and so it was pretty much assumed she had lost her bottle and not turned up.

All little questions but put together with other bits and pieces and I think there is a chunk of information that is being witheld about that Friday night, which I think holds the key to what happened and why, but obviously this is just my opinion.

Linking articles to any facts given above
Missing Claudia Lawrence's last words to pal revealed

Missing Claudia Lawrence's friend 'crippled by guilt' over disappearance

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence's best pal tells of heartbreaking 10-year search

Perhaps that why in the Channel 5 documentary SC said "I was a Sh** friend.
Perhaps SC is regretting not joining them.

I really think there seems to be alot about that Friday night that doesn't get talked about, or doesn't quite make sense.
Even eliminating all the rumour and heresay that has been on social media, theres still enough in msm to raise questions imo

Jk says she and CL took friday afternoon off to spend it in nags head because it was Cheltenham day. My thoughts are
1, did SC not get invited, or could she not get time off work?
2, Did they plan the afternoon in the pub because they knew certain people would be there?
3, Did either of them invite the group they were with later? As if SC claims not to know them, they couldn't have been regular or casual drinkers at the Nags, but CL seemed to keep friendship groups seperate

SC says she got to the pub around 9pm....
1, seems a little late to head to a local pub, unless you were possibly expecting a lock in.
2, Just my own thoughts, but because it was later in the evening, I doubt SC knew JK and CL had been there all afternoon as I would have thought she would have wanted to get there earlier to join in, making me think she was left out of the arrangements that night
3, she doesn't join them, which is odd given how close they were all supposed to be, making me think there was a reason

There is a post on thread 15 by Gladioli which I won't elaborate on too much since I don't have links to their info, but basically talks about CL being seen having a moment with a nags regular

JK says CL was worried the next day incase she had upset someone
1, Did CL upset someone?
2, was it a common occurrence?
3, Did any upset take place during a lock in so the only witnesses were the regular after hours group?

Jk goes on to say that after she had seen CL on the sunday they were texting as normal
1, Did they have something to sort out before they could continue texting as normal?

SC says she wishes she had said different things that night
1, did she say things she now regrets that night
2, did she not tell CL things that she was aware of that CL wasn't?

If I could talk about social media posts there's alot more to add!

Another thing I wonder about, is if no one was too worried about CL no showing on the Thursday night because there had been an incident on the Friday, CL had been avoiding the Nags, and so it was pretty much assumed she had lost her bottle and not turned up.

All little questions but put together with other bits and pieces and I think there is a chunk of information that is being witheld about that Friday night, which I think holds the key to what happened and why, but obviously this is just my opinion.

Linking articles to any facts given above
Missing Claudia Lawrence's last words to pal revealed

Missing Claudia Lawrence's friend 'crippled by guilt' over disappearance

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence's best pal tells of heartbreaking 10-year sear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors