UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromGermany1

Formerly FromGermany
Reaction score
I think, on little details like this, her mothers comments are invaluable, but, as regards the wider sweep of the case, she's understandably somewhat. blinkered by. her. view of Claudia as very innocent...which she may have been, of course, but. you need someone with a more objective viewpoint to assess that.
she was ...I don't know. if she still is....very keen. to blame kh for. Claudius disappearance...claudia would. have simply been in the wrong. place at. the wrong time...nothing to do. wiith her. mixing with. rogues, having affairs with other. women boyfriends or husbands or generally. upsetting someone...of. course, the police would have been only too delighted if it could have been wrapped up like this, but they obviously don't think the evidence stacks up...on the other hand, she has. said that she thinks the nags head is the key to it...dont know if she has any firm. ideas now
Who is KH? I have forgotten this initial.

shadwell

Reaction score
I think they are genuine but there is no proof and I don't believe they have come forward since. MOO.
Not sure how many of the witnesses to the morning of the 19th were actually identified (one at most, IIRC), but the possibilities to give information anonymously (eg via Crimestoppers) would present an opportunity for misdirection by the perpetrator(s). I’m still more minded towards something happening overnight.

cortina

Reaction score
Does anyone here keep their house tidy like Claudia's house? She may have cleaned the house before she left for good.
on the other hand, if. you were leaving for good, would you bother...it would undoubtedly need cleaning again before it was. sold or rented, and, if you were doing a clean up, you wouldn't leave. dishes etc.
claudias mother only remarked on it seeming a little too over. tidy.,so I guess.the general level of cleanliness etc seemed about right...so there didn't seem likely to. have been dirt. you cleaned up. because you were embarrassed about leaving behind you

susie sixpence

Reaction score
Not sure how many of the witnesses to the morning of the 19th were actually identified (one at most, IIRC), but the possibilities to give information anonymously (eg via Crimestoppers) would present an opportunity for misdirection by the perpetrator(s). I’m still more minded towards something happening overnight.
Still a possible option. Just because the police say it is more likely to be the morning because her bag was gone and breakfast pots (Joan said that Claudia didn't usually eat breakfast)

cortina

Reaction score
Still a possible option. Just because the police say it is more likely to be the morning because her bag was gone and breakfast pots (Joan said that Claudia didn't usually eat breakfast)
do we know whether they were breakfast pots or pots from the evening before....not doubting you but just. a genuine query....if they. were breakfast pots and Claudia didn't usually eat breakfast then maybe she wasn't alone or maybe the pots were staged....just guessing...I know quite a few people who work in catering or hospitality and. don't. eat breakfast because they grab something when they get to work..so maybe Claudia wasn't intending to go in that day....this gets even more confusing

Last edited:

susie sixpence

Reaction score
do we know whether they were breakfast pots or pots from the evening before....not doubting you but just. a genuine query....if they. were breakfast pots and Claudia didn't usually eat breakfast then maybe she wasn't alone or maybe the pots were staged....just guessing...I know quite a few people who work in catering or hospitality and. don't. eat breakfast because they grab something when they get to work..so maybe Claudia wasn't intending to go in that day....this gets even more confusing
In my opinion she was planning to go to work. The pots could have been from any time really. It was the police that suggested breakfast pots, could be from anytime, if I lived on my own I would do the pots when I wanted.

LadyEdgeworth

Reaction score
In my opinion she was planning to go to work. The pots could have been from any time really. It was the police that suggested breakfast pots, could be from anytime, if I lived on my own I would do the pots when I wanted.
Yes I'd like to know why specifically they're 'breakfast pots' because there's no real way of knowing, I'm a bit more slovenly and sometimes my pots from tea will stay there until next tea time when I'll wash them and use them again. Even something like a bowl and spoon with a bit of milk in the bottom could be seen as 'breakfast pots' but lots of people who live alone don't cook a lot, the one chef I know hates cooking outside of work! Plus it was 2009 and she was known to care about her weight, fad diets like having a bowl of cereal for dinner were common.

MOO

shadwell

Reaction score
Unless CL was in the habit of eating cornflakes with a fork, I’d say those are pasta bowls from an evening meal.

2CBB7C40-FCD5-4E40-9E3F-1E5D96C08F59.jpeg

cortina

Reaction score
I agree about her planning to. go to work...she wasn't. one to take time off

shadwell

Reaction score
So. In terms of whether she left the house intending to go to work as normal on the morning of the 19th… Items known to be missing: phone, rucksack and hair straighteners. What about her coat? She was wearing one when she arrived at work on the 18th and can be seen carrying it in cctv from that afternoon. It’s odds on she would have put on the same coat on the morning of the 19th, whether walking or getting a lift. Is that also missing from 46 HR? It’s never been mentioned.

shadwell

Reaction score
And just to lob in one more. Like everyone else here I’ve pored over the ML blog numerous times and I’ve always been sceptical, if not dismissive of his suggestions of various ‘phantom’ figures in the cctv, but it was only scrubbing back and forward on the 7.15pm alley man footage (thereby cutting out the fade to black) tonight that I actually noticed something really does appear across the road between the first and second sequences.

7.15pm (alley man going down): Nothing.
1 minute 8 seconds later (alley man coming back): White blob appears, apparently in line with the wall at the front of the property opposite.
5.08am on the 19th: Nothing again.

I wonder what that missing one minute and eight seconds of video shows. Is that why the alley man is considered so significant?

Link to cctv:

8B29765D-736B-4545-B78D-FE6E6ED045FD.jpeg93AA8165-15A3-48BC-ABE0-CFBFE36E8F26.jpeg4DB7C3BC-5715-44C2-9310-66BBA4EFC94C.jpeg

Pricklykitty

Reaction score
And just to lob in one more. Like everyone else here I’ve pored over the ML blog numerous times and I’ve always been sceptical, if not dismissive of his suggestions of various ‘phantom’ figures in the cctv, but it was only scrubbing back and forward on the 7.15pm alley man footage (thereby cutting out the fade to black) tonight that I actually noticed something really does appear across the road between the first and second sequences.

7.15pm (alley man going down): Nothing.
1 minute 8 seconds later (alley man coming back): White blob appears, apparently in line with the wall at the front of the property opposite.
5.08am on the 19th: Nothing again.

I wonder what that missing one minute and eight seconds of video shows. Is that why the alley man is considered so significant?

Link to cctv:

View attachment 385968View attachment 385969View attachment 385970
Yes I agree about being sceptical of all the phantom figures, and Im pretty sure at least one of those talked about is a cctv camera!

However I've posted before that I believe the "white blob" could be very significant, as I think it could be why alley man pauses where he does, as this is where the "white blob" comes into view for him. If only we could see the uncut cctv to see where the blob appears from and where it goes after alleyman continues his way along Heworth rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.