UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you're wrong or I'm wrong but a Hackney Carriage usually only refers to the black cab style taxis, and I've never known anyone drive one of those as their private vehicle?

For regular cars that are used as private hire/taxis, the companies where I live have the drivers driving a company-owned car, not their personal car, though I guess some taxi companies do have drivers driving their own cars, especially smaller firms. But those ones wouldn't be called Hackney Carriages.

No idea to be honest. Reading the rule book I posted yesterday (dated 2011 incidentally) a number of rules don't seem to apply anymore. It says Hackney cabs have to be all/mostly black but look at the below taxi rank on Google. I believe I'm correct only Hackney cabs can use the ranks?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...FVGb0NgxZvGXAkKHgA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Thread 14 Midsummer's timeline, can someone take it across please. Amonet, Melmoth, Truth, please. I am not seeing Midsummer logged on.

AFAIK

1. 4mins

2. I'd assume rear outside of cab.

3. 2-4 days later.

Thanks.

So manual filling in of weighing paperwork?

Theory. Bare with.

Corrie was in the paperbin. Because it was sheltered, full of cleanish waste. Out of sight and he probably has done it before. (I know plenty of guys who have done this). I actually don't think its odd. Improvise, adapt and all that.

The bin man arrives at 4:20am. Corrie would have been asleep by now in the bin as this is 40 odd minutes later after he went into HS and decided a waste paper bin would do for a few hours.

The bin man started his collection. Did not look into the bin before hand. Or maybe did but Corrie was covered over by boxes and out of it fast asleep.

Started bin tipping which is very loud btw, maybe heard something? Went to check, see Corrie has been crushed. Panicked, took Corrie out, put him in another bin, covered him over and this was collected later.

He then drove off and carried on as normal. But Corries phone was still in the bin lorries waste hence the phone moving.

Now I know this is far fetched and 4 mins seems like not enough time for this. But when someone is in panic mode and wants to get out of there fast.... possible?

Also Biffa had recently had a new protocol with their employees about safety and checks of bins for rough sleepers and had really driven this forward. So all employees would be accountable for their loading, checks and bin checks etc. Look up on Biffa website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can someone link me to the cctv picture of ' running man'? I haven't seen this one and can't find it. Thanks!
If you go to FC website and click on cctv then find POD footage it is the anglia link. Sorry can't do links.

Thanks.

So manual filling in of weighing paperwork?

Theory. Bare with.

Corrie was in the paperbin. Because it was sheltered, full of cleanish waste. Out of sight and he probably has done it before. (I know plenty of guys who have done this). I actually don't think its odd. Improvise, adapt and all that.

The bin man arrives at 4:20am. Corrie would have been asleep by now in the bin as this is 40 odd minutes later after he went into HS and decided a waste paper bin would do for a few hours.

The bin man started his collection. Did not look into the bin before hand. Or maybe did but Corrie was covered over by boxes and out of it fast asleep.

Started bin tipping which is very loud btw, maybe heard something? Went to check, see Corrie has been crushed. Panicked, took Corrie out, put him in another bin, covered him over and this was collected later.

He then drove off and carried on as normal. But Corries phone was still in the bin lorries waste hence the phone moving.

Now I know this is far fetched and 4 mins seems like not enough time for this. But when someone is in panic mode and wants to get out of there fast.... possible?

Also Biffa had recently had a new protocol with their employees about safety and checks of bins for rough sleepers and had really driven this forward. So all employees would be accountable for their loading, checks and bin checks etc. Look up on Biffa website.

It's not manual filling in of paperwork, they use load cells - electronic weghing scales - weigh when they lift it up (before dropping load in bin truck) and after - one minus other = weight of waste.

Can't be fiddled.

Therefore he must have been in cab.

Why would she do that?

If you ring the phone lines they are manned (allegedly) by family and friends because the Police haven't the resources.

Worse than that (I know because I tried) if you ring them outside office hours no-one answers.

Suppose you knew something and had a pang of conscience, rang them in that moment of "weakness (or clarity), and no one answers - tomorrow when you wake up you decide not to bother again.

You'd imagine that they'd log all calls, answered or not, and ring back - but they don't.

Haven't heard a thing.

Try it if you don't believe me - THAT is how inept and totally mis-managed the Police farce is today.

Very good at public relations and senior officers talking about diversity or whatever - a possible murder - can't even answer the bloody phones.

I rang them today, 3pm on a Sunday afternoon, the police incident room that is, and it only rang once before a lovely gentleman picked up. When I have tried to get through to the family numbers there was no answer, and I know others have left voice messages that haven't been returned.

rough sleeping in the bin....but if he planned that then why not sleep in his own car? where was it parked?

good theory but that poor bin man! hope he's not reading MSM as he will be feeling the hate right now!

No idea to be honest. Reading the rule book I posted yesterday (dated 2011 incidentally) a number of rules don't seem to apply anymore. It says Hackney cabs have to be all/mostly black but look at the below taxi rank on Google. I believe I'm correct only Hackney cabs can use the ranks?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...FVGb0NgxZvGXAkKHgA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

I think that is right hackney cabs use the rank and I think I'm right in saying they can be flagged down, a private hire should not accept a flag (although they do it).

Don't see it. Especially not ginger. Something's happened to those pics posted previously.
attachment.php

Hello, i'm a long time reader but have never felt the need to join before - I have joined now as I saw this T-shirt and knew what it is. I've seen it described on here as a 'death metal' shirt but in fact it's a No Fear t-shirt which is a brand mainly sold through Sports Direct shops as I believe they own the brand.

attachment.php

http://i68.tinypic.com/sylc75.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 240
I rang them today, 3pm on a Sunday afternoon, the police incident room that is, and it only rang once before a lovely gentleman picked up. When I have tried to get through to the family numbers there was no answer, and I know others have left voice messages that haven't been returned.

I rang them a week or so ago 10pm - no answer - no call back - so maybe sometimes they answer and sometimes they don't - if you rang today now would they answer? Eve if they did - there shouldn't be any gaps in coverage,.

It's not manual filling in of paperwork, they use load cells - electronic weghing scales - weigh when they lift it up (before dropping load in bin truck) and after - one minus other = weight of waste.

Can't be fiddled.

Therefore he must have been in cab.

Well if you are 100% sure the paperwork is not filled in by pen and paper and is electronically printed on weighing of the bin and this information cannot be torn off and discarded and then another weighing done then my theory is null and void.

Back to drawing board.

Me to Northern so many that have gone missing and not been found no way of saying a proper goodbye lets hope Corrie isn't one of those statistics eh X

Thinking of those who are missing and all who love them. x

Hello, i'm a long time reader but have never felt the need to join before - I have joined now as I saw this T-shirt and knew what it is. I've seen it described on here as a 'death metal' shirt but in fact it's a No Fear t-shirt which is a brand mainly sold through Sports Direct shops as I believe they own the brand.

attachment.php

http://i68.tinypic.com/sylc75.jpg

Correct. Sports Direct.

I think we have said aswell in early threads we didn't feel Corrie slept in his car as it was a two seater (hope ive got this right) and very uncomfortable with no room to stretch out or to be found asleep with alcohol empties in the car while asleep

Well if you are 100% sure the paperwork is not filled in by pen and paper and is electronically printed on weighing of the bin and this information cannot be torn off and discarded and then another weighing done then my theory is null and void.

Back to drawing board.

It's the first idea I had - they (Biffa) charge you for what they pick up, and are charged for what they drop off at the dump.

If it could be altered then they'd be putting their entire income in the trust that their drivers recorded the right numbers - rightly or wrongly deliberatley or accidentally.

The guys at the tip won't be trusting in a hand filled chart either, they'll go over a weighbridge.

So it's hard to see how it could be fiddled like that.

But the load cells only measure what goes in the back (waste) into a big metal box that would act like a faraday cage (probably - Police need to test this) which woudn't allow a phone to ping anything.

It doesn't measure what goes into the cab.

So bin truck still possible, even if there were no squirrels anywhere in sight - if you read my ealier post.

I think we have said aswell in early threads we didn't feel Corrie slept in his car as it was a two seater (hope ive got this right) and very uncomfortable with no room to stretch out or to be found asleep with alcohol empties in the car while asleep

Yes, two seater.

Findcorrie.co.uk, running man is in the previous photos released, not the last lot. They will be under family updates. Probably still on Suffolk Constabulary website too. I cannot remember which thread they are on here.
still can't find it but thanks

It's the first idea I had - they (Biffa) charge you for what they pick up, and are charged for what they drop off at the dump.

If it could be altered then they'd be putting their entire income in the trust that their drivers recorded the right numbers - rightly or wrongly deliberatley or accidentally.

The guys at the tip won't be trusting in a hand filled chart either, they'll go over a weighbridge.

So it's hard to see how it could be fiddled like that.

But the load cells only measure what goes in the back (waste) into a big metal box that would act like a faraday cage (probably - Police need to test this) which woudn't allow a phone to ping anything.

It doesn't measure what goes into the cab.

So bin truck still possible, even if there were no squirrels anywhere in sight - if you read my ealier post.

Agree.

I still don't understand why he sat in Hughes doorway when, almost directly opposite, outside Greggs is a nice comfy bench.
I believe he probably could access the free wi-fi at the Grapes by sitting in that doorway. As you can see by the recent pic posted by M'summer it is a large doorway in view of cctv so a safe, free sheltered spot to eat and surf SM. Also, as it would only have been 08.30 EST he may also have been contacting A in the USA IMO. He obviously ate his food then fell asleep due to the food and alcohol until he received the picture which he then forwarded to a friend ( possibly A ).

I agree shire, good point.

I believe he probably could access the free wi-fi at the Grapes by sitting in that doorway. As you can see by the recent pic posted by M'summer it is a large doorway in view of cctv so a safe, free sheltered spot to eat and surf SM. Also, as it would only have been 08.30 EST he may also have been contacting A in the USA IMO. He obviously ate his food then fell asleep due to the food and alcohol until he received the picture which he then forwarded to a friend ( possibly A ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288