UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things here, questions not info : From what I have read about commercial waste collections it seems that they can be arranged on an ad hoc basis to suit the customer, as well as pre arranged dates/times.

Mentioning this as something to consider. Say one of your bins has become full unexpectedly quickly, call the collector to come and get it asap rather than have it standing about another week?

The other thing I hope someone can explain please, do the lorries take their full load somewhere and it gets loaded into a huge container to be transported to the landfill?

Seems a long way to Milton from BSE for fleets of bin lorries - so more economical for everything to go into one container at a site somewhere and the container type lorry (like a shipping container thingy) to transport several loads at once?

I also want to repost my thoughts on the phone pings and location of Milton.

Milton is about 22 miles from BM and about 30 from BSE. So have LE perhaps got more phone data from adjacent masts around Newmarket and Cambridge that has shown the phone travelling further? What led them to Milton all those weeks ago that prompted them to effectively close that area of the landfill site then? There has to be unreleased info IMO.
I'm assuming the police think that something happened to Corrie in the HS or SB area and he was perhaps put in a car. Maybe just as the people in the car were panicking with what to do with his body the bin lorry turned up. The car followed the bin lorry and disposed of Corrie in the back when it stopped in Barton Mills. Bin lorry went on later to the landfill site which has now been confirmed by police and the SIM card from his phone was thrown away in BM's somewhere hence why it didn't move from there again. That would explain why 2 vehicles are under suspicion. Maybe the unidentified person on the bike went back around 5am to check that they had left no evidence.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I'm assuming the police think that something happened to Corrie in the HS or SB area and he was perhaps put in a car. Maybe just as the people in the car were panicking with what to do with his body the bin lorry turned up. The car followed the bin lorry and disposed of Corrie in the back when it stopped in Barton Mills. Bin lorry went on later to the landfill site which has now been confirmed by police and the SIM card from his phone was thrown away in BM's somewhere hence why it didn't move from there again. That would explain why 2 vehicles are under suspicion. Maybe the unidentified person on the bike went back around 5am to check that they had left no evidence.

The bin lorry stopped at a Sainsburys apparently. Maybe the binman left the lorry unattended whilst he went for a pee or bought something in the petrol station if its 24 hour and Corrie was put in the back.

The bin lorry stopped at a Sainsburys apparently. Maybe the binman left the lorry unattended whilst he went for a pee or bought something in the petrol station if its 24 hour and Corrie was put in the back.

Not sure that is possible. The bin lorries pick up at the Sainsbury store was on CCTV (I can see the camera on Google where I think the pick up happened). If a car followed the bin lorry to Sainsbury's that too would be caught on a council camera on King Street.

Not sure that is possible. The bin lorries pick up at the Sainsbury store was on CCTV (I can see the camera on Google where I think the pick up happened). If a car followed the bin lorry to Sainsbury's that too would be caught on a council camera on King Street.
Yes I had forgotten there was CCTV footage at Sainsburys so can rule that out. But could easily have been put in the bin lorry somewhere else on route. I wonder if the lorry went straight to the landfill after it left the recycle centre or parked up somewhere till it opened?

Yes I had forgotten there was CCTV footage at Sainsburys so can rule that out. But could easily have been put in the bin lorry somewhere else on route. I wonder if the lorry went straight to the landfill after it left the recycle centre or parked up somewhere till it opened?

Right now it doesn't make sense to us because we are now missing whatever information the Police now have. Here is what the Police originally said on October 3rd:

Analysis of mobile phone data shows his phone moved between Bury and Barton Mills on the morning of his disappearance. The work shows the phone was in Bury St Edmunds early on Saturday 24 September and but then moved to the Barton Mills area. It doesn’t move after this and has not been used since. This phone has not been found at this time.

I just can't fathom what prompted the Police to have all the BSE waste separated at this landfill in Milton at around the same time (early October) given the above and a lot of other information since?

It seems rather convoluted when there are easier ways without the risk of being seen. Also, when the lorry is being driven or not tipping a bin the compactor is in place so a body could not be put in as it would just lay on the compactor and be seen by the bin operative. I do agree the phone could have got in there that way as it would be too small to notice and the compactor would lift with the bin lift so the phone would slip in. Am also wondering perhaps Milton is open on Saturday mornings for bin lorries only and not the general public. Saturday a.m. would be busy I would think.

RSBM > Am also wondering perhaps Milton is open on Saturday mornings for bin lorries only and not the general public. Saturday a.m. would be busy I would think.

poster jslk # 863 on the previous thread said they had driven past the Landfill site a few times.

Also posted =

No public access. It's off a roundabout on the A10 near Cambridge. Amey is the company branding all around it. It has an extremely pungent smell. I dont know how people cope living near it.

Taxi image again looking at the drivers side. If you have a device with a retina type screen like an ipad, iphone, galaxy s4,s5,s6,s7 or any other high res device you should be able to see this. Turn the brightness up to full.

It was talked about in WS for ages that members thought the cyclist had a hat in his right hand and was holding onto the car. The cyclist didn't have a hat on in the head on pic. It is not a hat in his hand and he is not holding on to the car up that high.

If you look at the silver trim that runs down vertical on the driver and passenger windows/doors, would you agree there is something between the camera and that trim? The trim is obstructed from view?

Looking between the driver and the cyclist do you see a small change of colour that looks as if it's hanging over the door? It actually looks as if it is coming out from the driver's armpit.

Good morning, this is addressed to GT .... <modsnip> .... ps please remove if not acceptable .... pps keep up the brilliant work guys it it has been a pleasure reading all your thoughts and even tho I'm on the side lines looking in you are all exceptional people

I'm sorry, but anything posted on Corrie's father's Facebook page can't be discussed here. Per Websleuths' Social Media Rules, personal social media pages belonging to a missing person's family members are off limits, even if they are set to public.

If his statement gets published in MSM, that MSM article can be posted and then it will certainly be open for discussion.

:tyou:

Two things here, questions not info : From what I have read about commercial waste collections it seems that they can be arranged on an ad hoc basis to suit the customer, as well as pre arranged dates/times.

Mentioning this as something to consider. Say one of your bins has become full unexpectedly quickly, call the collector to come and get it asap rather than have it standing about another week?

The other thing I hope someone can explain please, do the lorries take their full load somewhere and it gets loaded into a huge container to be transported to the landfill?

Seems a long way to Milton from BSE for fleets of bin lorries - so more economical for everything to go into one container at a site somewhere and the container type lorry (like a shipping container thingy) to transport several loads at once?

Jessie, I can only confirm what the options are for commercial waste in my own workplace so we can't assume that anything I'm going to say would apply for definite in this situation.

We have regular collections for our bins but we can call to have one or more emptied before scheduled date if necessary. This costs more as it's taken as an ad hoc payment. So we prefer to hang on until our regular pick up day if possible.
We're in a town a little larger than BSE (based on population). Different waste goes to different sites. The cardboard recycling goes to one sorting centre, general waste goes to a site as you suggest. It's offloaded there and piled in with general waste from elsewhere to all be taken to a large landfill site.

I can try to have a word with our bin lorry drivers over the next couple of weeks if anyone has anything they'd like me to ask them. Haven't done so far though because I'm not sure that the information they can give me would be pertinent to Corrie's case.

Just to give everyone an idea of the site to be searched (from the Sun article)

nintchdbpict000300713467.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2831229/corrie-mckeague-missing-airman-search-landfill/

Here is a question: Do bin lorries themselves tip their load at the Milton site or is it only HGV's with containers on the back (like in the above pic)?

Jessie, I can only confirm what the options are for commercial waste in my own workplace so we can't assume that anything I'm going to say would apply for definite in this situation.

We have regular collections for our bins but we can call to have one or more emptied before scheduled date if necessary. This costs more as it's taken as an ad hoc payment. So we prefer to hang on until our regular pick up day if possible.
We're in a town a little larger than BSE (based on population). Different waste goes to different sites. The cardboard recycling goes to one sorting centre, general waste goes to a site as you suggest. It's offloaded there and piled in with general waste from elsewhere to all be taken to a large landfill site.

I can try to have a word with our bin lorry drivers over the next couple of weeks if anyone has anything they'd like me to ask them. Haven't done so far though because I'm not sure that the information they can give me would be pertinent to Corrie's case.

Thanks DanceCard for answering my q's, helps make it clearer.

See I have wondered if all general waste lorries dump their loads at a site into large containers (artic type)
and this artic type transporter then takes everything in one go to Landfill, there is a slim possibility something could then be placed in the artic type container bypassing bins etc ? (In my head this makes sense :thinking: )

@DanceCard

Actually if you go to the Sun link (thanks and sorry GT!) there is another picture that shows the HWRC section at Milton.

Just to give everyone an idea of the site to be searched (from the Sun article)

nintchdbpict000300713467.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2831229/corrie-mckeague-missing-airman-search-landfill/

Here is a question: Do bin lorries themselves tip their load at the Milton site or is it only HGV's with containers on the back (like in the above pic)?

Bin lorries generaly go to a waste transfer station where the waste is sorted with only the unrecyclable waste going into landfill. there was a series on tv doco a year or so which followed a northern section of a waste company " Wastemen" showing what was normally done can be found online if anyone wants to watch episode 2 showed all the sorting etc..

I think there is also a part of the site at Milton which has an area where public can access like the normal council tip with large skips.(as TTWO points out above)

poster jslk # 863 on the previous thread said they had driven past the Landfill site a few times.

Also posted =

No public access. It's off a roundabout on the A10 near Cambridge. Amey is the company branding all around it. It has an extremely pungent smell. I dont know how people cope living near it.

I was remembering what another poster had stated where opening hours Mon-Fri were listed as well as items. Was that incorrect and this site has zero public access completely? Is there a link to confirm this fact?

Just cross posted with TTWO, Guru and Jessie so have now seen your links and info thks.

Taxi image again looking at the drivers side. If you have a device with a retina type screen like an ipad, iphone, galaxy s4,s5,s6,s7 or any other high res device you should be able to see this. Turn the brightness up to full.

It was talked about in WS for ages that members thought the cyclist had a hat in his right hand and was holding onto the car. The cyclist didn't have a hat on in the head on pic. It is not a hat in his hand and he is not holding on to the car up that high.

If you look at the silver trim that runs down vertical on the driver and passenger windows/doors, would you agree there is something between the camera and that trim? The trim is obstructed from view?

Looking between the driver and the cyclist do you see a small change of colour that looks as if it's hanging over the door? It actually looks as if it is coming out from the driver's armpit.
Maybe I'm a bit thick. What are you trying to point out or what am I looking for, you've lost me?

Biffa has bragged on its intranet and real time data.

http://download.m3mobile.co.kr/SDK/CaseStudy/BiffaWasteServices_UK.pdf
"The company runs a fleet of some
1200 waste collection trucks. Some
years ago, these were fitted with Biffa’s
own data collection system, BINS
(Biffa In Cab Notification System).
This enabled Biffa to provide real-time
confirmation of its services to its
customers, via the corporate intranet.
Each servicing depot was also able
to follow the progress of its trucks and
the status of each job on a specially
designed screen. "

I am not sure of the capability, but if the police think C could be in a landfield, then they also believe:

The weight reported by biffa is incorrect.
OR,
Corrie left in another bin later.
Or someone has not been honest about trash collection.
I am guessing Biffa knows pretty much exactly where their trucks are, and when they pickup, and how much they pick up. So is it all automatic or does the driver punch in the weight? or does the info go from the scales to the data device? Could 33 lbs really be something much larger? What did this pu usually have. I think the weight is reported in metric...the caving of the great british empire to the french, but I digress, but does it require manually inputting the weight or is it all automated? Could the small weight be due to a typo? transposition? intentional underreporting? Is this the tip that gives rise to the search of landfills? Did the police determine all they knew about bins, lorries and weights was based on a loose system, or one man's opinion. So now we have Oops...I guess we should have taken a look at the landfill? Or did someone drop a dime lately? Sorry not sure what a payphone cost in Britain in say the 1960's when drop a dime became a saying.

I keep getting stuck on this one. I have a friend who works with Council Bins/Waste. Most of the weigh in is automated but on some it is just the Lorry weighed when it goes to a Landfill site and with 'paperwork' Drivers/Operatives can at times be 'lazy' with form filling and play around a little at times to do the odd favour!
The other thing I keep thinking is that most of these vehicles have a tracking system so they know the 'exact' route a lorry has taken and how long it stops for at various points.
We were told in MSM at the start of times, weights etc but can't help thinking Police have found the 'missing link' either by checking things again or someone coming forward with info. IMO There is noway they would search that landfill without big intel to say something is there.
I truly hope something comes of this search as I can only imagine the pain, heartache & frustration of all involved!:thinking:

I was remembering what another poster had stated where opening hours Mon-Fri were listed as well as items. Was that incorrect and this site has zero public access completely? Is there a link to confirm this fact?

Public cannot (or should not) go to the landfill area but can access the Hosehold waste Recycle Centre (or tip as they used to be called!) https://goo.gl/maps/AFZZK3bdgDy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4