UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
870b252e4609463d55931fe071f698dd.jpg

Interesting headline at the bottom 'misleading'. Page has been removed.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I still have that page open and I think they are probably paraphrasing what N said

"His mother Nicola Urquhart, who is a family liaison officer with Police Scotland, said "it's a very difficult time for the family".

She added: "I'm trying not to read anything into it but I have a million questions. The wording of the charge is very important, he has said something in a statement to deliberately confuse the police."

All the reports I have read state that the flex doorman who asked C to leave is 20yrs old

The a 26 year old man arrested for Perverting the course of justice....hmmmm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perverting_the_course_of_justice

"Perverting the course of justice can be any of three acts:

Fabricating or disposing of evidence
Intimidating or threatening a witness or juror
Intimidating or threatening a judge"

Could that be as simple as lying to police? Sounds more serious than that.

Disposal of a body is classed as that too, which would be under your point number 1.

The bin lorry driver is most likely an innocent party, the only thing he may have done wrong is give someone a lift. However that would have been mentioned long ago.

From Sky News:

Footage of two people still not identified and seen separately in the area around the time he disappeared has also been released.

Detectives said the pair are "potential witnesses".

Disposal of a body is classed as that too, which would be under your point number 1.

Yeah, but that would be the solution of the case. More likely a murder charge, or a more specific crime that might include an accessory charge if someone disposed of the body..
Maybe it has something to do with what happened to the phone.
I cannot think of any witness who provided much about C that night. Does this development make the landfill more or less likely is a question I would like answered.

From the wording of the police statement, it seems to indicate that the individual lied to police and it may not lead to anything further.

I think the key is the landfill, but why did it take so long?

I think a lot of large cases have these kind of charges on people around the periphery of the case, so I'm trying not to read too much into it. I also remember in the case of the young woman who died in Sheffield after a night club that a man was taken in on suspicion of rape and later released and rape wasn't part of the conclusion of the investigation.

But what I am curious about, in addition to the identity of the person and what the charge is actually about, is that for the police to make this arrest they must have evidence that this person has lied/misled during questioning? So they've actually picked up evidence to the contrary of what this person's said?

This kind of charge could be almost anything from providing a false alibi, lying about their or someone else's whereabouts or actions, to phoning in false information to the police (such as "look in such a place, I saw something strange out there that night," but in reality the person was just attention seeking). But I find it interesting that whatever it is, the person seems to have been caught in the lie by either evidence or someone else contradicting their word. What evidence could the police have that this person has lied/misled investigators?

Are we likely to get more details if the person is charged? Or would that possibly jeopardise case-building and be kept quiet?

Seeing the 'old' man walking on the video footage makes me wonder if he is quite a lot younger than we first thought?

Finding a phone in waste and keeping or disposing of it knowing it is important evidence perhaps. The bin lorry could be the collections later or even Monday for Corrie himself.

I find it interesting that the charge is perverting the course of justice...

... despite no crime being committed, yet

hmm

If it is the bin lorry driver & he has previously told Police he didn't give C a lift (in order to protect his job) & it came out later that he was lying, then this would be a possibility re: arrest.

If it is the bin lorry driver & he has previously told Police he didn't give C a lift (in order to protect his job) & it came out later that he was lying, then this would be a possibility re: arrest.

The police has said it was not the bin lorry driver

Do we have a clearer picture of the 'old man'?

I have thought for some time that he was 'disguised'

Finding a phone in waste and keeping or disposing of it knowing it is important evidence perhaps. The bin lorry could be the collections later or even Monday for Corrie himself.

I immediately thought perhaps the phone was involved. It could have even been stolen, which could be a reason for not turning it in - and before they knew it, was the key to a disappearance investigation and they were in too deep.. maybe :thinking:

First time posting here although I have been following the various threads. Be gentle!! Not sure if this has been discussed or not - Corrie may well have lost his phone prior to going into the Horseshoe area - he may have left it by accident with his food/takeaway waste and was then placed into a bin either by him or by street cleaners who were unaware there was a phone there??

hmm, interesting.

Seems to point in the direction that he left after getting a lift in the lorry, either with or without the drivers knowledge.

Have they searched in-depth the entire route from the HS to the bin lorry's final destination?

I don't know. That is why I was asking yesterday if anyone knew how far towards Red Lodge they searched the A11 south of BM.

It seems whatever this 26 year old did, the police think it materially impacted their investigation enough to warrant this charge. Maybe it's a crank they are just tired of hearing from.

Other than the latest development, searching the landfill, I cannot remember anything that would make me think the police had a major tip..Could it be as simple as a club manager telling his/her employees to not tell police everything that happened that night? We have statements attributed to people seen in the CCTV but none of those statements seem that important.

If it's not a crank, I guess it could be someone who found the phone early on and never disclosed, or maybe someone who altered records for the waste handling that weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆