UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother is a digger driver and he doesn't miss a thing. You have to watch and concentrate on what you are doing.

As a digger driver digging out an exact size of trench then yes, but working in the vast space of a landfill you do switch off, I have been there. If you are simply lifting and moving the same old garbage day in and day out you don't take much notice, as opposed to say gravediggers or water/gas diggers who need to be exact and watch what they are doing.

From the Sun article

"Yet amid the dismay of solving his whereabouts, few have considered how Corrie came to be in the bin in the first place."

Do they not read here :lol: :lol:

I'm not a big fan of Colin Sutton's, I can't remember what it was now but his inital veiws on the situation included something that wasn't right, I remember thinking then that he didn't seem to have done his research properly. He hasn't explained where attackers would have come from and how they haven't been seen on CCTV, it would have taken more than one person to overpower C and put in in the bin

JMO

Yes, exactly suzy.
CS apparently was under the impression that the landfill had already been searched when he did his early tv interview about a month after Corrie went missing.
I was sure that I had actually heard him say that in the interview, but I've watched it again and he doesn't say it on camera.

He is however quoted as saying it, referring to the LF as the 'rubbish dump'.

Article and interview here :

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016...e-corrie-mckeague-didnt-disappear-on-purpose/

Here is the section from Mid's timeline (it's linked in post #1 of every thread)

**0352: Bin lorry departs (Hollow Lane) for BSE.**
**0400: Bin lorry enters SB.**
**0415: Bin lorry driver fills in collection paperwork.**
**0420: Bins lorry driver starts collection procedure** of ONE GREGGS BIN containing cardboard and paper with a weight of 11kgs of material in it. Three teenagers seen at the rear of Cornwalk Shopping Centre by bin man.
EXAMPLE OF PROCEDURE AND TIME TAKEN.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sRL3SS98mxM
0424: Bin man finishes collection procedure.

Midsummer points out ** means speculative guesstimate. I, personally, would guesstimate that it's wrong, but The Sun ran with it at the time and obviously didn't check a confirmed source. Fairly certain N later said 4:19 - 4:24 which makes more sense, but who's to say binman didn't stop for a cig, fight, wee, hook up, whatever. I dunno.

I always questioned those times as you recall because SP always said 04.30 -08.00 at Mildenhall. So what if the bin arrived earlier than 04.00 would it make it more likely that C was in the bin? Would it make any difference if lorry was there for 5 or 30 mins?

Midsummer points out ** means speculative guesstimate. I, personally, would guesstimate that it's wrong, but The Sun ran with it at the time and obviously didn't check a confirmed source. Fairly certain N later said 4:19 - 4:24 which makes more sense, but who's to say binman didn't stop for a cig, fight, wee, hook up, whatever. I dunno.

RSBM.
Exactly!
At that point Mid was making the times fit information that we had then. He never claimed those quoted timings of the bin lorry to be accurate, it was absolutely a guesstimate . Mid's timeline appeared in The Sun and they ran it as if an official timeline! (Although they didn't cite any source)
N definitely said 4.19-4.24. That was relatively recently. I believe it was certainly after Christmas.

I was surprised by his conclusion as well. I think he either got in the bin voluntarily - sleepy, drunk and wanted to fill in a few hours till morning, he possibly did intend to walk home but after falling asleep in the doorway it is possible that he woke up and changed his mind to drive home in the morning. The other thing I think could have happened is an accident involving the bin lorry.
I'm not sure myself. Its still very odd that the bin weight was missing exactly C's weight. No more, no less. Adding in the fact that the lorry was sitting there for thirty minutes. Strange if you ask me.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Bin lorries make a lot of beeping noises when reversing so I can't really see why a driver would totally panic if they hit someone and why the need to cover anything up.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

RSBM.
Exactly!
At that point Mid was making the times fit information that we had then. He never claimed those quoted timings of the bin lorry to be accurate, it was absolutely a guesstimate . Mid's timeline appeared in The Sun and they ran it as if an official timeline! (Although they didn't cite any source)
N definitely said 4.19-4.24. That was relatively recently. I believe it was certainly after Christmas.

Thank you, I question my memory of things sometimes but am usually pretty good recalling anything to do with numbers (times, dates, numberplates etc) and in my mind it never added up.

I'm not sure myself. Its still very odd that the bin weight was missing exactly C's weight. No more, no less. Adding in the fact that the lorry was sitting there for thirty minutes. Strange if you ask me.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I don't think the actual figures do add up perfectly to 11kg+Corrie's weight. I think that part is the Sun doing some force-fitting of numbers.

Bin lorries make a lot of beeping noises when reversing so I can't really see why a driver would totally panic if they hit someone and why the need to cover anything up.

Could you see him doing it if he was under the influence of drink/drugs or hadn't been following a procedure that would mean he would be responsible for C's death?

I've followed this from the start from a far and I think we are coming to the end so I thought I'd add my bit. I became connected to this case originally because of the similarities I saw of myself in Corrie.

In my years spent chasing women I made erratic decisions, took risks and put myself in vunerable positions many times, spending nights in all sorts of places with all sorts of women. It was probably the best time of my life but in hindsight also the most dangerous. Socially, I lived to go out, to meet people, to have mad nights, again doing things spontaneously and living in the moment. Man, I wish I could go back sometimes.

I feel sad for this young man that he was probably of a very similar breed, and because of the mystery that developed around his disappearance his whole private life was brought to the table, cross-examined and judged by millions of people. It makes me shiver to think of my mum finding out about my antics back then.

But at heart I think Corrie was a kind genuine lad, that worked as a medic in the militarily to help people. That loved his pet dog and his mum. That cared so much about his job he wouldn't risk sleeping in his car intoxicated because of the risk that carried of being caught, potentially leading to dismissal.

I think it's as simple as, he brought lots of food to sober up and because he was starving. Sat down after eating it, bloated and drunk and fell asleep. He woke up bursting for the toilet, jogged to find somewhere to relieve himself, did so, and then got in a recycling bin as quickly as possible so he wasn't seen, and carried on sleeping till the morning. In my opinion there is absolutely no involvement of drugs in this case.

Im not surprised councils don't sort recycling, and just take it to landfill with general waste. Does anyone really have that much faith in public services these days? We're living in times of hardship and cutbacks.* People commonly don't do their jobs properly because of low pay and lack of incentive. I think this probably plays source to the errors at Biffa as well.

I think he's turning up at the landfill and my investment in this case ends at that moment. I won't be reading the dissection of that event. Thanks if you've got this far. I'm glad I posted. RIP CM.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great post Stanley, but just a couple of clarifications.

Corrie isn't a full-time medic in the RAF; he's an RAF Regiment Gunner, whete the most basic role is airfield defence. The medic bit is just an extra little job he's got within his section; he may not have even volunteered for it, he may have been given that duty.

Also, the RAF is usually supportive of airmen in court for driving offences, even drink driving, though it's on a case-by-case basis. An otherwise good disciplinary record, first offence (?), needs to drive for work; that wouldn't be dismissal. Extra guard duties probably!

Could you see him doing it if he was under the influence of drink/drugs or hadn't been following a procedure that would mean he would be responsible for C's death?
I think if the bin lorry driver somehow ran CM over he wouldn't then him into his lorry. It's not exactly logical to drive around with a body if you want to cover it up. In that position putting him another bin would make the most sense.

I think if the bin lorry driver somehow ran CM over he wouldn't then him into his lorry. It's not exactly logical to drive around with a body if you want to cover it up. In that position putting him another bin would make the most sense.

Either way there is CCTV to be considered too. I assume it hasn't been disclosed what was seen of the bin lorry?

IIRC the recent poll was 5 got in bin voluntarily and 22 put in bin by someone else. So a lot of you think like CS that he could have been assaulted or perhaps accidentally hit by a vehicle perhaps?

The Road Vehicle (Construction and Use) Regulations re horns and warning instruments (reversing alarms used on buses, lorries and refuse trucks) must not be used on a restricted road between the hours of 2330 and 0700. Section 82(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulations 1984 defines a restricted road in England and Wales as a road which is provided with a system of street lighting furnished by means of lamps placed not more than 200yds apart. The reversing alarms need to be switched off between the above hours when used on a restricted road, the HS in BSE definitely falls under this category. We fitted the reversing alarms in our vehicles and the ones we installed are deactivated by double engaging reverse gear.

The Road Vehicle (Construction and Use) Regulations re horns and warning instruments (reversing alarms used on buses, lorries and refuse trucks) must not be used on a restricted road between the hours of 2330 and 0700. Section 82(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulations 1984 defines a restricted road in England and Wales as a road which is provided with a system of street lighting furnished by means of lamps placed not more than 200yds apart. The reversing alarms need to be switched off between the above hours when used on a restricted road, the HS in BSE definitely falls under this category. We fitted the reversing alarms in our vehicles and the ones we installed are deactivated by double engaging reverse gear.

Yep that is correct, even although the roar of a diesel engine was sometimes louder than the alarm in confined space lol

Either way there is CCTV to be considered too. I assume it hasn't been disclosed what was seen of the bin lorry?

To recap what we have been told, as far as I recall. There were 3 teens near the Cornhill Shopping Centre who were seen by the bin lorry driver, so presumably they also saw him. Neither the driver nor the teens say they saw Corrie there at that time.

The bin lorry was caught by some cameras, not sure which but possibly some traffic camera at Barton Mills roundabout, and that didn't see anything unusual. None of the cameras, for instance, saw Corrie hanging off the back of the lorry to get a lift.

We were then told that CCTV can see the bin lorry doing another bin pickup from Sainsbury's in Mildenhall, and that everything looked normal.

The Telegraph mentioned the bin lorry being 'stationed' in BSE, but we've heard nothing more than it arrived (latest figures from Nicola, from at least 6 weeks ago, I think) were that the bin lorry arrived in the horseshoe around 4.19am and left about 4 minutes later?

So the use of the word 'stationed' either seems to bee misuse of word, or they're going by the Midsummer timeline (or some other unknown source?) that puts the bin lorry at or near the horseshoe at 4am, and not leaving until about 4.25am.

I hope that helps.

I don't think the actual figures do add up perfectly to 11kg+Corrie's weight. I think that part is the Sun doing some force-fitting of numbers.

Oh! Thank you for the heads up. I did see everyone discussing the Sun. I've missed a ton of details on WS the past 3 weeks.

Yep that is correct, even although the roar of a diesel engine was sometimes louder than the alarm in confined space lol

Yes you are right but the lorry could have been an electric vehicle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member