UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone point me in the right direction of sightings from the next day - the woman going to work mentioned above? What was the delivery driver sighting? I remember the beet factory one being discounted as it wasn't backed up by cctv but can someone remind me of others? Or has anyone plotted them on a map? Thank you! Unbelievable that we are almost one year on ☹️

The delivery driver "sighting" was of a figure resembling Corrie crossing the A11 at Barton Mills, very close to the roundabout, at 4.30am.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/36662...st-news-last-sighting-missing-raf-serviceman/
http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...hting-of-missing-corrie-was-ignored-1-7984971

Can anyone point me in the right direction of sightings from the next day - the woman going to work mentioned above? What was the delivery driver sighting? I remember the beet factory one being discounted as it wasn't backed up by cctv but can someone remind me of others? Or has anyone plotted them on a map? Thank you! Unbelievable that we are almost one year on ☹️

Some info about the delivery driver, and police statements on that sighting here on the Media Thread= Post #52

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...24-September-2016-Media-*NO-DISCUSSION*/page2

There was also a sighting near Brandon, north of Mildenhall. This was referred to in one of the Q & A s with Darroch & Makeyhan. The sighting near the Sugar Beet factory was a driver IIRC, and could even have been a bin lorry driver as the depot is near there. That's a few sightings but none were confirmed. It would be a good idea to map them all with times but wouldn't SP or Forbes surely already have done this? E.g. the sighting at the 5 ways by the bread delivery driver and the one in Brandon could almost confirm each other dependent on the times IMO.

Hi all, this is my first ever post and I actually joined as I wished to discuss some of my theories as this has had me baffled.
Something that concerns me is the lack of publicity about the suspected sightings, there has been MANY convincing sightings, one from the night he went missing, a woman was travelling to work and saw a man in a pink shirt walking a long a verge, however the police said that they needed more than one person to come forward with a sighting in that area before they could investigate.

Is it possible that Corrie had a head trauma which has led him to suffer from amnesia?
He was a member of "Fabswingers" so the media says, is there a chance that he had met with someone regularly prior, perhaps their partner was envious and wanted to warn him off after seeing him in the club?
Maybe he does not want to be found?
Perhaps the pressures of the RAF and learning he was becoming a dad became too much? (Reports from his dad showed he knew April was pregnant but Nicola doesn't agree)
Statements from his Dad Martin and from his Mum Nicola are almost always conflicting. He said that Corrie was taking anti depressants, she said he wasn't.
Has anyone else thought about any of the above? I just cannot fathom how someone can just vanish...
Welcome Jesster. So good to have new thoughts. Excellent first post.

I understand none of the sightings were 'confirmed' plus SP stated the delivery driver said it was 4 a.m. and wasn't sure of the day.... but how common is it for brightly dressed people to be wandering about in these areas at these time of the morning? I just wonder.

I live in a very rural farming area and not unusual to see people walking the lanes at this time but they wouldn't be dressed in white jeans and brightly coloured shirt. His clothing alone would be enough to connect him surely?

What a puzzle this is.

I understand none of the sightings were 'confirmed' plus SP stated the delivery driver said it was 4 a.m. and wasn't sure of the day.... but how common is it for brightly dressed people to be wandering about in these areas at these time of the morning? I just wonder.

I live in a very rural farming area and not unusual to see people walking the lanes at this time but they wouldn't be dressed in white jeans and brightly coloured shirt. His clothing alone would be enough to connect him surely?

What a puzzle this is.

Very true, Jessie, but SP also said the delivery driver at BM didn't give a description!

Very true, Jessie, but SP also said the delivery driver at BM didn't give a description!
IIRC two phone calls were made to SP, one by the driver who saw the man cross the road and the other by his wife who wasn't with her husband at the time but called because SP hadn't got back to him. If SP say the driver didn't give a description, it could be because SP perhaps didn't contact him to get further details from him? Hopefully, the review of the case will bring to light anything that should have happened but didn't.

Has anyone else thought about any of the above? I just cannot fathom how someone can just vanish...

Most of the points you raise were discussed at some length very early in this series of threads. This is not a criticism - I don't think anyone now could be expected to trawl through all 22 of them at this stage.

Is it possible that Corrie had a head trauma which has led him to suffer from amnesia?

This may be a new suggestion as I don't recall it coming up before. My understanding is that traumatic amnesia from injury does not usually last very long at all - weeks or a few months at most before the memory starts to return. With Corrie being gone so long now I don't think this is very likely. In any event, if he was wandering about out there lost he'd have been spotted by now due to all the publicity.

More generally, any injury that breaks the skin on the scalp produces a lot of blood but no blood was found in the horseshoe or nearby streets so it's very unlikely that he was struck over the head in that area unless he died immediately, but even then I think there would have been some blood seepage. That brings us to what happened to his body - it was not left in the street (obviously), there's no evidence it was removed by car or other vehicle, so we are back to it being put in one of the bins. However there was no forensic trace of Corrie through body fluids, alive or dead, found in the bins in that area.

I've been listening to a podcast about the disappearance of Jhessye Shockley, a 5 year old Arizona girl, in 2011. Jhessye's beaten body was disposed of by her mother in a skip (dumpster), leading to an extensive but unsuccessful search of the land fill site where her body would have been taken.

In a press conference following the end of the search, a police spokesman said that fewer than 10% of these sorts of searches find what they are looking for.

https://play.radiopublic.com/the-va...p/s1!a603bfc93c0d1e7c601648cdc694c01c730003e3

I wonder if the success rate in the UK is similar to that in the US.

I've been listening to a podcast about the disappearance of Jhessye Shockley, a 5 year old Arizona girl, in 2011. Jhessye's beaten body was disposed of by her mother in a skip (dumpster), leading to an extensive but unsuccessful search of the land fill site where her body would have been taken.

In a press conference following the end of the search, a police spokesman said that fewer than 10% of these sorts of searches find what they are looking for.

https://play.radiopublic.com/the-va...p/s1!a603bfc93c0d1e7c601648cdc694c01c730003e3

I wonder if the success rate in the UK is similar to that in the US.

Because of Corrie's disappearance, several months ago I did a sort of "how many bodies buried in landfill" search on google.

It is pretty shocking - in fact it is more than shocking and I leave others to read for themselves.

One out of the results was http://empirenews.net/bodies-of-over-300-babies-found-in-arizona-landfill/

Dear God if this can happen how can anyone have any idea how many deceased are dumped and lost in these places forever.

So it turns out the bones weren't human, so he wasn't incinerated. My personal opinion is that he's not in the landfill either.
My last theory is that maybe he did get out of the horse shoe on foot and attempted to walk home and was accidentally hit by a vehicle and the driver had panicked and hidden his body somewhere.
I'm glad there's going to be an enquiry but I'm starting to doubt if he will ever be found now.

Because of Corrie's disappearance, several months ago I did a sort of "how many bodies buried in landfill" search on google.

It is pretty shocking - in fact it is more than shocking and I leave others to read for themselves.

One out of the results was http://empirenews.net/bodies-of-over-300-babies-found-in-arizona-landfill/

Dear God if this can happen how can anyone have any idea how many deceased are dumped and lost in these places forever.

Did you find much for bodies found in uk landfills specifically? I can't seem to find much on google.

Did you find much for bodies found in uk landfills specifically? I can't seem to find much on google.

No I didn't Ironside, it doesn't appear to happen does it?

I can only assume that's due to the difference in waste disposal (and the amount produced) in the UK compared to other countries.

Waste in the UK is collected in smaller proportion in seems, so a dead body has more chance of being seen during these processes in the UK?.

This is only my opinion of course, I haven't found anything referencing bodies in landfill in the UK. but that doesn't mean it has never happened, just possibly it hasn't been considered in the occurrence of a missing person so a search/discovery hasn't taken place - or perhaps not reported in MSM?

Still of the belief CM is not in landfill as I cannot see how his body has been missed during collection or transfer.

I understand what you are saying about there likely being bodies that are dumped and lost forever, but just a heads up that the story you read/posted is a fake (thankfully :)) Empire News is a satirical website. Here is the link to their disclaimer:

http://empirenews.net/about-disclaimer/

I understand what you are saying about there likely being bodies that are dumped and lost forever, but just a heads up that the story you read/posted is a fake (thankfully :)) Empire News is a satirical website. Here is the link to their disclaimer:

http://empirenews.net/about-disclaimer/

Oh thank you for that x - goes to show one shouldn't believe everything one reads.

mr Colin Davey again, in my opinion something is not right here, we were told that the original reward was withdrawn as it had served its purpose , what purpose?

I think they gave the previous reward a deadline in the hope that someone would talk asap.

I don't think rewards work at all in the UK. I can't think of a case where a reward offer has led to a missing person being found. They might generate publicity with a reward but it also means a lot of absolute crackpots get in touch with theories but no real info.

I can't see how CD could fund a landfill search. You can't buy police time. Handing over the landfill site to a bunch of people that are not trained to search it would be wrong on so many levels. I think he genuinely wants to help but sometimes throwing money at something isn't going to make any difference at all.

mr Colin Davey again, in my opinion something is not right here, we were told that the original reward was withdrawn as it had served its purpose , what purpose?

Actually, it was all said in the future tense; the reward was to be withdrawn as it "will have served it's purpose" which was to obtain info leading to finding C. Always seemed a strange thing to say as SP had made no announcements. UT then appeared on tv saying whilst information had been given to them, none of it was of use.

Actually, it was all said in the future tense; the reward was to be withdrawn as it "will have served it's purpose" which was to obtain info leading to finding C. Always seemed a strange thing to say as SP had made no announcements. UT then appeared on tv saying whilst information had been given to them, none of it was of use.
was the reward withdrawn before the landfill search started any one know the dates exactly before I go looking , 1. Date reward was withdrawn , 2 date landfill preparation work started , not the search but the pre search work removing the top soil etc,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire