UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he"s cleverer than all of us then as we never came up with that one before. Do they learn that sort of covert stuff in the RAF? I read today to accurately test if something is a Faraday cage you just put a radio in it and if it cannot receive then it is a Faraday cage. It has to be all metal and no leaks through seals. So when the back of the bin lorry is open, for example, it wouldn't block the signal apparently. I do think it likely he lost it or had it stolen. If he did put it in a crisp packet then he went to BM first with it.

The compacted rubbish could block the signal too if it surrounded the phone enough.

So you think they could have found him in the waste at the transfer station and disposed of his body elsewhere deliberately or by mistake? I know at my LF they have an enormous area for certain waste which composts down and makes methane gas, which they use for powering equipment and stuff.

I don't know enough about the system at this particular station but perhaps he was put in with other waste that went elsewhere? I feel workers deliberately disposing of a body is too far fetched but nothing would surprise me.

Well he"s cleverer than all of us then as we never came up with that one before. Do they learn that sort of covert stuff in the RAF?

A PI of my acquaintance said today that this knowledge is fairly well known. A case he has recently been working on concerned precisely this issue of employees using the dodge to hide their whereabouts in work time. This is in addition to the recently reported case in Australia of an employee repeatedly masking his phone while he was playing golf.

As such, it is certainly not impossible that Corrie would have known about it.

The compacted rubbish could block the signal too if it surrounded the phone enough.
It has to be metal completely around it. The rubbish and cardboard apparently wouldn't block the signal. I found another link I'll post.

A PI of my acquaintance said today that this knowledge is fairly well known. A case he has recently been working on concerned precisely this issue of employees using the dodge to hide their whereabouts in work time. This is in addition to the recently reported case in Australia of an employee repeatedly masking his phone while he was playing golf.

As such, it is certainly not impossible that Corrie would have known about it.

Surely if you wanted to conceal the location of a phone, you'd just switch it off? Presumably the crisp packet would stop it receiving calls as well as stopping it pinging. Okay, I can see why people might use a crisp packet instead of switching it on and off frequently, but if I just wanted to conceal where I disposed of a phone, I'd just switch it off and take it somewhere else. ...or did I hear something about phones still communicating when switched off?

Also, if he had used a crisp packet, presumably that would have to have been at whatever time after 8am the phone stopped pinging?

If any crime or cover up was committed and he still had his phone on him then the phone still pinging at 8.30am? is a strange one. Why would the phone not be switched off / destroyed immediately. Either it was a deliberate attempt to throw LE off the scent or it was a mistake. Is the timing of the phone last pinging important if you look at any known working hours at the waste transfer. If it is it would indicate more than 1 person being involved in any cover up and I would struggle to see that.

Well, we've had a fair few of those along the way.

What's your best guess on where he is, Ironside? And everyone else?

*5 Corrie got a lift in another vehicle and ditto above.
If I’ve read correctly there is one vehicle that was in the horseshoe around the time Corrie was that hasn’t been traced. I think this could hold a major clue.

Have you got a link to what family said about Focus ? (Is it Focus 7 ? I thought it was Focus 12.)
Re the bin weighing - do you have a link to the source for that ? Is it all computerised or does the bin man have to write it all down?
TY.

My typo; in the HS it's Focus 12 Number 26; 12 is the HQ on Risbygate St and then they identify each of their accommodation properties by its 'house number'. I can't now find where I saw it.

The bin lorry info is "A blunder by the collection firm meant that it was initially thought that the vehicle transported just 24 pounds of rubbish.

But analysis of system inside the lorry which calculates the weight of its load shows it was carrying something that significantly raised the weight."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...eld-Corrie-McKeague-hunt-faces-no-action.html

If I’ve read correctly there is one vehicle that was in the horseshoe around the time Corrie was that hasn’t been traced. I think this could hold a major clue.

If there is still an untraced vehicle then I agree, it is a major clue! Why hasn't the driver of said vehicle come forward. Surely they're aware of the case due to the publicity.

Corrie has a wee by the bins. Accidentally leaves his phone on top of the bin. Gets in the untraced vehicle and leaves the area when the CCTV is pointed the other way. Something then happens involving the occupant/s of the vehicle, who then hide his body.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If there is still an untraced vehicle then I agree, it is a major clue! Why hasn't the driver of said vehicle come forward. Surely they're aware of the case due to the publicity.

Corrie has a wee by the bins. Accidentally leaves his phone on top of the bin. Gets in the untraced vehicle and leaves the area when the CCTV is pointed the other way. Something then happens involving the occupant/s of the vehicle, who then hide his body.

This is exactly the scenario I think is most likely now that he hasn’t been found in the landfill.
I’ve just read back a few posts and someone said that they traced all the vehicles that were in the horseshoe around the time Corrie was there so maybe I heard wrong. But even if they’ve traced the vehicles it doesn’t mean none of them were involved, the owners could be good liars.

Well he"s cleverer than all of us then as we never came up with that one before. Do they learn that sort of covert stuff in the RAF? I read today to accurately test if something is a Faraday cage you just put a radio in it and if it cannot receive then it is a Faraday cage. It has to be all metal and no leaks through seals. So when the back of the bin lorry is open, for example, it wouldn't block the signal apparently. I do think it likely he lost it or had it stolen. If he did put it in a crisp packet then he went to BM first with it.

The RAF Regiment Trainee Gunner course doesn't do anything covert. They do lots of physical fitness, weapons training, battlefield tactics (lots of digging trenches, map reading, moving in formation, arcs of fire, patrolling). C didn't learn about crisp packets or avoiding cctv or disguises in the RAF.

This is exactly the scenario I think is most likely now that he hasn’t been found in the landfill.
I’ve just read back a few posts and someone said that they traced all the vehicles that were in the horseshoe around the time Corrie was there so maybe I heard wrong. But even if they’ve traced the vehicles it doesn’t mean none of them were involved, the owners could be good liars.
Or he could have walked out of the horseshoe when the camera was turned away and got into a vehicle somewhere else.

Have the police taken what everyone has said as the truth or have they looked into things a bit more?

The RAF Regiment Trainee Gunner course doesn't do anything covert. They do lots of physical fitness, weapons training, battlefield tactics (lots of digging trenches, map reading, moving in formation, arcs of fire, patrolling). C didn't learn about crisp packets or avoiding cctv or disguises in the RAF.

Also the UK's premier CBRN defence unit. Transferred to them with the SDSR 2011, along with a squad in 3rdMD.

Work closely with Special Forces Support Group.

Also heavily trained in electronic warfare, 'jamming' etc.

Not something you learn in basic mind you.

Or he could have walked out of the horseshoe when the camera was turned away and got into a vehicle somewhere else.

Have the police taken what everyone has said as the truth or have they looked into things a bit more?

Yes he could have walked out of there as well,
Although it’s been said he couldn’t have without being seen on camera.
I would hope they’ve looked into things a bit more but who knows.

Or he could have just stayed in the area of the horseshoe until much later on, i.e. past the time the CCTV was checked up to. Was it 4pm Saturday? Can't remember now...

Or he could have just stayed in the area of the horseshoe until much later on, i.e. past the time the CCTV was checked up to. Was it 4pm Saturday? Can't remember now...
Also a good point!

IIRC, they traced all the vehicles and spoke to the owners, one of whom had no legitimate reason to be there, according to NU:

"She said four vehicles had entered the area where her son was last seen and said she believed one of them did not have a legitimate reason to be there."
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rrie-mckeague-says-he-was-social-hand-grenade

That suggests the possibility that the driver has something to hide, but could be entirely innocent, or at least irrelevant.

Following on from what JustJo said, I think SP have been accepting what people tell them too easily and too often - as shown by the wrong bin weight, which took ~5 months to come to light.

On the other hand, they apparently dismissed the sighting at Fiveways because there was too little detail, they say.

Retired senior detectives have stated that it is very unlikely he went AWOL as it would require extensive preparation and would leave a 'footprint' digitally.

His uncle stated that it would be 'impossible' for him to leave BSE on foot without being spotted on one or more CCTV. His uncle also maintains one or more people are involved in his disappearance.

His mum still maintains third party involvement?

New to this thread. I did not read all 22 previous threads to this case. I hope I don't bother you by asking a few questions.

What is LF? What is the horseshoe? I can guess what a lorry is. Being American, some of these terms are confusing but I hope to get the hang of them.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member