UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was in the bins on Lower Brackland Street, would he be in a different cell at the landfill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bins at the horseshoe are Biffa, the ones on Lower Brackland Street are BSE council bins for residents of the flats according to Nicola Urquart. I believe all (not certain) of the contents were incinerated. I believe SP managed to get hold of some bones and checked and confirmed they were animal, but the rest of the bin's contents had already been incinerated and taken to landfill.

The bins on Lower Brackland Street are discussed at around 16 mins.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/corrie-mckeague-final-steps-route-13667897

WISHING A GREAT NEW YEAR to everyone ,, another year gone by and very few solid facts on this case, but I'm still sticking with it , let's just hope that 2018 will be the year that we can finally get answers to the so many questions we all have, !!!!!!

There's a known problem with unaccompanied minor migrants disappearing from care which is believed to be related to adult fellow nationals luring them away for sex work and other forms of forced labour. I believe it's very common with Vietnamese children - the boys end up doing the grunt work on weed farms and the girls end up in prostitution or, if they are very lucky, in nail bars which are a front for laundering of drugs money.

An update to the above:

[h=1]Police warn modern slaves 'staffing nail bars across UK' as Vietnamese gang jailed in landmark case[/h]
Three members of a Vietnamese gang uncovered in Bath were jailed for a total of nine years for forcing teenage girls to work without pay and keeping them in squalid conditions.

They transferred their victims to beauty parlours across England while dumping phones in efforts to evade police, sparking an intelligence operation involving the National Crime Agency.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...namese-uk-britain-forced-labour-a8137031.html

An update to the above:

[h=1]Police warn modern slaves 'staffing nail bars across UK' as Vietnamese gang jailed in landmark case[/h]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...namese-uk-britain-forced-labour-a8137031.html

This is utterly shocking. I think it deserves thread of its own.

Frpm your link -
“We’ve got three people convicted out of this group, we haven’t got all of them,” she told The Independent. “I think we are just scratching the surface on this.”

Nicola believed early on that Corrie was kidnapped and possibly being held as a prison somewhere. And that can be what happened, everything in this case seems to be possible...

Good Evening All!

I have only really picked up on this case quite recently and a baffling one it is, I was lurking here for a while and just watched Nicola’s walk around and the part in Hughes doorway is what concerns me. I am sure this may have been suggested in previous threads so my apologies if it has!

I don’t believe someone to be “just” drunk to collapse and be out cold like that and not move at all for two hours and wake up that confused.

I think Corrie may have been spiked with/taken GHB, which is a liquid drug commonly used for date rape or simply to party with. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s liquid and it’s put into your drink. The effect generally makes you feel like happy drunk (hence party goer’s use) but when you take too much it will hit you out of nowhere and you are rendered unconscious (hence the date rape usage) and your usually out like a light for a good 2-3 hours

It can take about 30 minutes to kick in, so it could be quite possible he may have picked up the wrong drink in Flex or he was spiked and by the time he got to the door way it hit him. Although he was removed from Flex and a bit unsteady he seemed of piece of mind still according to those who he interacted with at Pizza Mamma Mia. To me that’s happy merry drunk, he wasn’t paraletic drunk where he needed people to carry and aid him, so I find it highly suspicious a happy merry drunk would slump and collapse out cold like that for 2 hours and not move at all, he would have sat down and at least fidgeted to get comfy, where as GHB hits you and your out cold. Also when you wake up from it, your in a complete state of confusion with no memory of what’s happened and that explains the confusion in the doorway for 20 minutes! Someone just drunk and had a two hour sleep will wake up a bit more compesmentas than even worse. I believe this more so than him hitting his head.

A somewhat similar situation happened to me when I picked up the wrong drink in a club (it was a friends drink who took GHB volunterily so nothing untoward) but one minute I was stood there and next minute I was out cold, luckily my friends carried me home and put me safely to bed. When I woke up the utter state of confusion and discombobulation was really surreal. I had no idea where I had been, who I’d been with or what day or time it was. The clubbing clothes gave it away I’d been out, I literally wandered around my apartment in a daze, when I finally found my phone (which was a task in itself in that state) it took me ages to even figure the thing out and find my messages. In fact it said Sunday 4am on it and I was convinced it was Sunday night (ie Monday morning) and I had work in 3 hours! It took a good hour to properly get myself back together and call friends to ask what happened. Complete black out.

Sorry for rambling, I guess what I’m getting at is if he blacked out because of GHB it explains that bizarre confusion for such a longtime.

None of this really explains what happened after he disappeared from the HS but it gives you an insight to what peace of mind he was in.

And trust me, in that state there is absolutely no way he would have been able to arrange a lift or hook up, and he certainly wouldn’t have been able to remember where his car was, or if he even had one (explains why he didn’t just go back to it) and also to why he didn’t bother to look at his phone or use it at all when he woke because even if he had a prearranged lift/hook up he probably wouldn’t remember, so there was no urgency to check his phone.

He does look a little confused going into the HS, looking around and he was a little unsteady, he may have just turned the wrong way and that point had no idea where he was and simply walked back out again (by doing so missed the CCTV rotation) or could have been so out of sorts he dropped his phone and just chucked it in the bin.

However he left, if he had taken GHB you can bet your bottom dollar he wouldn’t have been in sane state of mind for quite a while afterwards and it’s not a nice feeling at all, much worse than drunk confusion, he could have wandered off not having a clue where he was and had an accident. He could have been wandering around for ages dazed.

Sorry for the long post I just wanted to put that out there. Doesn’t really answer anything mind but it certainly seems possible drawing on my own experience

:)

Good Evening All!

I have only really picked up on this case quite recently and a baffling one it is, I was lurking here for a while and just watched Nicola’s walk around and the part in Hughes doorway is what concerns me. I am sure this may have been suggested in previous threads so my apologies if it has!

I don’t believe someone to be “just” drunk to collapse and be out cold like that and not move at all for two hours and wake up that confused.

I think Corrie may have been spiked with/taken GHB, which is a liquid drug commonly used for date rape or simply to party with. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s liquid and it’s put into your drink. The effect generally makes you feel like happy drunk (hence party goer’s use) but when you take too much it will hit you out of nowhere and you are rendered unconscious (hence the date rape usage)

It can take about 30 minutes to kick in, so it could be quite possible he may have picked up the wrong drink in Flex or he was spiked and by the time he got to the door way it hit him. Although he was removed from Flex and a bit unsteady he seemed of piece of mind still according to those who he interacted with at Pizza Mamma Mia. To me that’s happy merry drunk, he wasn’t paraletic drunk where he needed people to carry and aid him, so I find it highly suspicious a happy merry drunk would slump and collapse out cold like that for 2 hours and not move at all, he would have sat down and at least fidgeted to get comfy, where as GHB hits you and your out cold. Also when you wake up from it, your in a complete state of confusion with no memory of what’s happened and that explains the confusion in the doorway for 20 minutes! Someone just drunk and had a two hour sleep will wake up a bit more compesmentas than even worse. I believe this more so than him hitting his head.

A somewhat similar situation happened to me when I picked up the wrong drink in a club (it was a friends drink who took GHB volunterily so nothing untoward) but one minute I was stood there and next minute I was out cold, luckily my friends carried me home and put me safely to bed. When I woke up the utter state of confusion and discombobulation was really surreal. I had no idea where I had been, who I’d been with or what day or time it was. The clubbing clothes gave it away I’d been out, I literally wandered around my apartment in a daze, when I finally found my phone (which was a task in itself in that state) it took me ages to even figure the thing out and find my messages. In fact it said Sunday 4am on it and I was convinced it was Sunday night (ie Monday morning) and I had work in 3 hours! It took a good hour to properly get myself back together and call friends to ask what happened. Complete black out.

Sorry for rambling, I guess what I’m getting at is if he blacked out because of GHB it explains that bizarre confusion for such a longtime.

None of this really explains what happened after he disappeared from the HS but it gives you an insight to what peace of mind he was in.

And trust me, in that state there is absolutely no way he would have been able to arrange a lift or hook up, and he certainly wouldn’t have been able to remember where his car was, or if he even had one (explains why he didn’t just go back to it) and also to why he didn’t bother to look at his phone or use it at all when he woke because even if he had a prearranged lift/hook up he probably wouldn’t remember, so there was no urgency to check his phone.

He does look a little confused going into the HS, looking around and he was a little unsteady, he may have just turned the wrong way and that point had no idea where he was and simply walked back out again (by doing so missed the CCTV rotation) or could have been so out of sorts he dropped his phone and just chucked it in the bin.

However he left, if he had taken GHB you can bet your bottom dollar he wouldn’t have been in sane state of mind for quite a while afterwards and it’s not a nice feeling at all, much worse than drunk confusion, he could have wandered off not having a clue where he was and had an accident. He could have been wandering around for ages dazed.

Sorry for the long post I just wanted to put that out there. Doesn’t really answer anything mind but it certainly seems possible drawing on my own experience

:)
you make some good points , especily him being happy drunk and not just drunk, I wounder if mixing some anti depressants with alcohol would give the same affect as GHB !

Hi @PaulSimon Now that is an interesting theory you've posted.
I don't recall the timeline precisely now but think Corrie left Flex shortly after 1 a.m., bought food and had short chat with others there, so was it around 1.30-1.45 ish when he passed out?

Doesn't place him anywhere specific of course but what you write makes some sense for that bit of the night IMO.

By the way :welcome:

you make some good points , especily him being happy drunk and not just drunk, I wounder if mixing some anti depressants with alcohol would give the same affect as GHB !

Right, he was still under medication.

Thank you for the welcome!

I also don’t think there was any pre-arranged lifts or hook ups involved, would someone really pre-arrange either of these BEFORE a night out when they do not know when the night out would be ending? These kinds of things are more commonly arranged when the night out ends where you perhaps call a mate and ask if they fancy picking you up, or you jump on a hook up app for a “booty call” and we know he didn’t use his phone in the doorway according to Nicola.

Plus considering Corrie was supposed be originally getting a lift into town with his mates from the base, I am guessing that he would have been originally planning to go home with them again as well, so his lift was already sorted there, but a spanner was thrown in the works with him being ejected from Flex, a further spanner may have been thrown in the works in the form of him getting spiked, he could have just got the food and been hanging around for the lads while they finished up in Flex, I don’t think that nap was an intentional nap at all, so if he was spiked and simply collapsed out cold and then woke up two hours later in a dazed confused state and he likely wouldn’t have remembered who he had actually been out with (like I said that’s how I felt, when it happened to me – I literally had no clue who I’d been with) and waking up in a doorway (even if it was a familiar doorway) it still would have added to his confused state.

From there he meandered off straight on and arrives at the Horseshoe still having no idea what’s going on, turns left and it’s a dead end. I think then he did a 360 and walked straight back out again (getting missed by the CCTV which is on rotation in the process) and walked straight head on down Short Bracknell which explains why nobody saw him in the HS area, he simply wasn’t there no more than like 3 minutes.

Now this is the confusing part because we know there is CCTV further down SB at Cornhill Walk, but out of all of the CCTV in that area that I think he had a chance of evading some way or another I think the most likely chance is going to be this one, simply because that camera is apparently above that red fire exit door that N points out on the walk around, and its set miles back and not particularly high up like the others that can catch a more ariel view I imagine, Has it ever been confirmed how clear this particular CCTV is? Something that far back, surely Corrie or anyone would look like a little white dot passing by it, it’s not a camera that he walked underneath in clear view, it was miles backwards! Could he have been somehow been missed, perhaps the footage skipped or something? Maybe it simply wasn’t that clear, some of the city centre shop CCTV images are awful and they are close up ones, and this one is far in the distance.

If that’s a possible case then in his confused state he may have gone down SB and simply carried on, at that point you’re in a residential area and I am guessing it wouldn’t be familiar to him anyway and he wouldn’t have a clue where he was walking, and then at some point he has flagged down or been offered a lift from a stranger which explains his phone moving at speed and then from there either the driver has dropped him off near the Barton Mills area and he later come to harm via an accident, or he has come to harm via the driver.

I think the information that you 100% cannot walk out of the Horseshoe undetected has put way too much focus on the HS area and wasted a lot of time with the bin lorry and landfill, when I think he was probably in the HS for no more than a few minutes before he wandered off straight up in a confused state and whatever has happened has happened a lot further out. And like I say I don’t think he was just drunk, there is a good chance of him being spiked and being a lot more confused and vulnerable that he would have been if he was just merry drunk on a night out.

I also think going down the spiked route rules a lot of things out such as AWOL, hook ups, arranging a lift, going to another party etc - of course we will never know at this stage.

I agree with much of what you say, Paul -

Now this is the confusing part because we know there is CCTV further down SB at Cornhill Walk, but out of all of the CCTV in that area that I think he had a chance of evading some way or another I think the most likely chance is going to be this one, simply because that camera is apparently above that red fire exit door that N points out on the walk around, and its set miles back and not particularly high up like the others that can catch a more ariel view I imagine, Has it ever been confirmed how clear this particular CCTV is? Something that far back, surely Corrie or anyone would look like a little white dot passing by it, it’s not a camera that he walked underneath in clear view, it was miles backwards! Could he have been somehow been missed, perhaps the footage skipped or something? Maybe it simply wasn’t that clear, some of the city centre shop CCTV images are awful and they are close up ones, and this one is far in the distance.

and as I said a couple of pages back:

It's my understanding that the Cornhill shopping centre was virtually closed down. The business that owned it had gone into administration and the shops were unoccupied apart from possibly a couple of temporary pop-up shops. So their cameras may not have been maintained as well as would be expected of a thriving business.

I agree with much of what you say, Paul -

and as I said a couple of pages back:

It's my understanding that the Cornhill shopping centre was virtually closed down. The business that owned it had gone into administration and the shops were unoccupied apart from possibly a couple of temporary pop-up shops. So their cameras may not have been maintained as well as would be expected of a thriving business.

I also agree with much of PaulSimon's post, really interesting points raised again, thanks Paul

@ Cherwell I was just about to refer to my own post just before yours regarding the Cornhill cameras, we think alike :clap: =

IIRC the discussion centred on the CCTV cameras at the rear of the shopping centre?

How fixed were they and could they have picked up C from a distance or would a person in the SB area be missed?

It has been a long time and my memory is unreliable, but I think there was a suggestion that the shopping centre cameras were placed only to cover their delivery area but not the wider SB ?

I have always doubted the cctv at Cornhill. I'm pretty certain it was said earlier that they were fixed on the delivery doors area, so (if active) wouldn't pick up much outside that specific area so C could have wandered around there without being picked up.
Also once into the close by residential streets unlikely there was any cctv available.

Yeah exactly, as soon as I saw that I thought it would be impossible to spot someone on a camera from that distance surely, especially if they were on the other side of the road and it was dark

On a rethink of my previous post, one thing I would change from that was if he ended up in the residential areas and in a car, I don't think he would have had his phone on him, because he would at some point surely have text his friends when he was a bit more of sane mind to let them know what was happening and no one received anything from him past 3.08.

Which leads me back to the theory of him damaging, tossing or leaving his phone in the HS (therefore it went in the bin lorry to BM) and he then wanders up SB dazed and confused and into the residential area, after a good walk around and he starts to come around a bit more he realises he has no phone and he has no idea where he is, and in a situation like that you would have no choice but to seek help or take help if offered and that could have come in the form of a stranger in a car, meaning they could have drove absolutely anywhere and an incident followed or a house in the residential area where an incident has occurred, or hes carried on even further to somewhere quite remote (I personally dont know the area to say there is) and he had an accident and thats where he is now.

I am not too sure if this has been posted already?? Apologies if so... an attack on Tuesday on Short Breckland

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/reaction-to-attack-in-short-brackland-in-bury-st-edmunds-1-5341019

When I was making my previous posts about him making it up SB I did question whether something untoward could have occurred that night in what looks like a nice peaceful residence area and apparently it does and often.

This makes me think even more so he evaded that Cornhill camera and ended up in the residencial area and that’s where something has happened to him

Perhaps victim of a mugging that went farther than intended, possibly by more than one person. He could have hit his head or they could have had a weapon. Streets are dark with no one around at that time of night and no CCTV, you have alley ways surely that he could have been dragged too until a vehicle moved him.

:eek:hwow:

:thud:

:panic:

Where are you Corrie???

:candle:

If Corrie went to SB, how was that possible without being seen on cctv? You cannot escape it....
Corrie has to be there somewhere in HS or taken by bin lorry.

[video=youtube;vQeg4dz-ngg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQeg4dz-ngg[/video]

If Corrie went to SB, how was that possible without being seen on cctv? You cannot escape it....
Corrie has to be there somewhere in HS or taken by bin lorry.

If you watch the video from about 37 mins. Nicola does say Corrie could have left the Horseshoe without being seen by CCTV. She then takes the walk down SB to the other bin area.

Sorry I can't get the video to link direct here but this link should provide it.? Be grateful if anyone could put the video up again to remind us, thanks.

It is a very important point.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/corrie-mckeagues-mum-retraces-missing-11229808

If you watch the video from about 37 mins. Nicola does say Corrie could have left the Horseshoe without being seen by CCTV. She then takes the walk down SB to the other bin area.

Sorry I can't get the video to link direct here but this link should provide it.? Be grateful if anyone could put the video up again to remind us, thanks.

It is a very important point.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/corrie-mckeagues-mum-retraces-missing-11229808

Thanks jessie!

So it's a real possibility, that Corrie went to SB and was taken/beaten there...

I was never too sure where this line of argument came from, but once it was out there it developed a life of its own and hindered the investigation, in my opinion. The camera was a rotational camera - at times it was pointed elsewhere. Someone has recently pointed out elsewhere that it is, in fact, three times more like to miss Corrie leaving the HS than capture him leaving it. I actually suspect he could have got a lot further than SB undetected by CCTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado