UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a crazy coincidence if he was in the horseshoe on his phone around the same time Corrie was though. I do wish she would clarify this part again. I feel like something has changed or was inaccurate when she did that Q&A and that’s why it’s being mentioned again.

Because you wouldn’t mention it twice again without even clarifying that the person who was seen was NOT Corrie.

Well yes, but can we be 100% sure that Corrie hung around in the horsehoe, given that we now hear he could have left unseen. Who's to say he didn't have a quick wee by the bin (leaving his phone on top by accident) and saunter straight off. I'm playing devils advocate because basically we know knack all for certain.

I just don't understand how on earth this case has gone so horribly wrong. Why aren't Suffolk Police attempting to clear up some of the rumours and accusations? It's all making them look a bit crap.

It's the Snug Bar; main entrance on St John St, rear opens on to Short Brackland.

I had a look at the photos on FB but didn't see anyone in the light clothing. Could you see him, Cagey?

I saw a photo at the time (just the clothes, not the face iirc) will see if I can find it.

I didn't see the photo in question but remember someone's comment about this other guys build. He was bigger than Corrie.
The sighting in HS, by whom ever, bin lorry driver or someone else. It may have been Corrie waiting to get picked by a friend.

Well yes, but can we be 100% sure that Corrie hung around in the horsehoe, given that we now hear he could have left unseen. Who's to say he didn't have a quick wee by the bin (leaving his phone on top by accident) and saunter straight off. I'm playing devils advocate because basically we know knack all for certain.

I just don't understand how on earth this case has gone so horribly wrong. Why aren't Suffolk Police attempting to clear up some of the rumours and accusations? It's all making them look a bit crap.

This was my original thoughts really, he went for a wee (a couple of seconds) and he turned and went up SB as the camera at that point had rotated, he was then missed by that other camera and something happened from there. But that was based on the assumption there was no known sightings of him in the area. Which is why I thought it was a brief moment in the HS and he was off and why it was bugging me so much that there was so much focus on the HS.

The sightings/potential sightings of him stood there doesn’t really change much other than him not getting in the bin. Because he couldn’t have if he was seen at the same time the lorry was there. However I’ve never had a single belief in the bin theory anyways so overall the sightings do not change much in my mind, other than the curiosity of why he was stood loitering for so long? Then again you can ask why did he do a lot of things that night.

So say if the sightings were true he could have been waiting for a friend, arranging a hook up? His phone stops working, he chucks it, the lorry driver arrives and fears he looks pretty dodgy just standing there so he saunters off up SB as the driver is doing his work. The driver did say that all of the people who he saw when he arrived in the area were gone when he left.

From there he has either 1. Gone to that dogging site and fallen foul of something or 2. Walked home and had an accident

Remember wasn’t there also a taxi driver account were he told a guy on Twitter that he picked someone up matching Corrie’s description as well. However the lead wasn’t followed up (it was discussed a few pages back) apparently it was an unusual two non address pick up/drop offs.

Again I’m probably looking into the details way to much really but it’s such a head pickle.

Last edited:
Just following on from my above post, working out the times (and I maybe off on some) that makes sense.

3.24 - Arrives at HS, loiters in his phone, arranging a hook up?

4.00 - Bin lorry arrives, Corrie stood there doesn’t want to look dodgy and walks off up SB

Between 4.00-4.30 - He calls and waits for a taxi (the one that wasn’t followed up) taxi arrives and it’s a non address because he’s still loitering.

4.25 - Phone leaves the area and moves in the pace of a vehicle (the taxi)

4.53 - Phone arrives at BM mast. He gets out of the taxi at that roundabout by the dogging area. This is where the bread delivery guy sees him. He’s says it was around 4.30. It’s not going to be accurate but it’s as close as it can be. This is also the non address drop off

Then he goes to the dogging site and something happens?

Just following on from my above post, working out the times (and I maybe off on some) that makes sense.

3.24 - Arrives at HS, loiters in his phone, arranging a hook up?

4.00 - Bin lorry arrives, Corrie stood there doesn’t want to look dodgy and walks off up SB

Between 4.00-4.30 - He calls and waits for a taxi (the one that wasn’t followed up) taxi arrives and it’s a non address because he’s still loitering.

4.25 - Phone leaves the area and moves in the pace of a vehicle (the taxi)

4.53 - Phone arrives at BM mast. He gets out of the taxi at that roundabout by the dogging area. This is where the bread delivery guy sees him. He’s says it was around 4.30. It’s not going to be accurate but it’s as close as it can be. This is also the non address drop off

Then he goes to the dogging site and something happens?

Are people still out dogging at near to 5am? Just curious

While I’m not speaking from experience lol...but yeah people will be dogging/cruising for sex at that time. People are more likely to do it in the night/early hours of the morning than they are during regular hours.

So say if the sightings were true he could have been waiting for a friend, arranging a hook up?

Just to be clear, right at the start of this case a localish person mentioned that the Horseshoe area was a gay pickup area. If Corrie went there hoping for a casual shag he went hoping for a gay one, but if he made a call to arrange an assignation i could well have been a straight one.

Gone to that dogging site and fallen foul of something

There are actually a number of dogging sites in the area. The one everyone thinks of is the one on the A1065 with the large layby about 200m north of the Barton Mills roundabout. However there were a number of others within a few miles, including one near Cavenham Heath National Nature Reserve off the A1101 Mildenhall Road between BM and BSE, and one a mile or so north of West Stow, at the carpark area marked on this map as West Stow Trail.

Google Maps

From memory, and I could be wrong, there was discussion early on around the A1065 dogging spot also being a gay hookup one so presumably the dogging was of the gay persuasion, but I have no idea whether any of the others in the area were gay as well. I assume simply on the basis of statistical likelihood that they were for straight people.

While I’m not speaking from experience lol...but yeah people will be dogging/cruising for sex at that time. People are more likely to do it in the night/early hours of the morning than they are during regular hours.

From memory, there was much discussion early on about that A1065 layby being somewhere that long distance lorry drivers would pull over for the night, so any dogging might well be of the bit of rough (or ruff?) variety.

Well given all of the Grindr rumours then it’s certainly not out of the question he was on a cruise for gay sex, and it’s interesting to hear the HS could be used for those activities. Surprising mind being so close to shops and what not but I guess it’s out of the way and secluded. Again I’m not exactly speaking from experience myself but I’ve heard enough about them and these kind of places are hardly the most safe.

Being from Manchester, the Canals are the gay cruising grounds and I’m sure everyone may have heard of all of the bodies being found in the canals and all the rumours of a “pusher” it’s certainly the kind of thing your doing at massive risk.

I reread the bread delivery mans post and he is adamant it was him, not just it was possibly him. So given the times now do match if he was possibly in the HS until about 4 then I really hope they take all those lines of inquiries seriously

Not done dogging yet though.

When you say "done" I assume you mean researched rather than actually done?

Way back someone posted a link to a dogging networking site which listed sites around the UK. I spent half an hour looking up those in and around Barton Mills and was somewhat surprised to discover just how many sites there are, both in that area and more widely. They are often just a few miles apart.

When you say "done" I assume you mean researched rather than actually done?

Way back someone posted a link to a dogging networking site which listed sites around the UK. I spent half an hour looking up those in and around Barton Mills and was somewhat surprised to discover just how many sites there are, both in that area and more widely. They are often just a few miles apart.

You can assume I have done neither! Don't even like dogs that much.....

Right from the start nothing has made any scene in this case, how many times were we told it was impossible to to leave the HS as would be seen on cctv , maybe some people would sooner do nothing and hope it's all forgot about,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod