UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Greater Than, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Yes, I also get the 'band of brothers' feeling from the RAF around here, and also from friends married to army guys.

I was just thinking of something like driving someone drunk out into the country and leaving them without their clothes as a laugh, and not intending anything other than a story that's laughed at for months after, including by the person who was the 'victim'. But things like that can go wrong?

It is doubtful, but so many things that have been conjectured are doubtful, and thank God are all extremely rare occurrences.

2. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

Very much so. I suspect that in the early days, when they genuinely expected to find Corrie alive, they were very circumspect about saying things that he might have to live down afterwards. Then, as time went on and it became obvious he would not be found alive, it was too late to come clean about all the stuff they'd been holding back on or denying for weeks.

3. ChuckieD

ChuckieD Member

Incidentally, not very scientific at all but I asked my husband what he thought happened and he said 'in the bin' and I said 'he got in the bin?' - 'Yes, he was pissed, he got in the bin' and screwed his face up at me as if to say 'you don't think he would do that?'.

4. soundssuspicious

soundssuspicious New Member

Here's the link for you....

besides the pictures check out some of the comments from men who are obviously into him.

http://instagram.com/corrie_mckeague

5. ChuckieD

ChuckieD Member

Got to be honest, was thinking earlier and I'm surprised this is the first time this has happened. And as for falling asleep in a doorway regularly....my female soldier friend does it frequently too. I really wish I could share photos of typical 'squaddie' nights out (or in for that matter) but obviously I can't. They're arseholes to each other but essentially really do look out for each other. A lot of young soldiers now, in my experience, have joined because frankly nobody else give a toss about them. This is their family.

6. soundssuspicious

soundssuspicious New Member

It was almost 4 hours since he'd drunk. Since that time he'd eaten a stodgy meal for two, had two hours sleep in the fresh air...and was able to jog down that alley. He wasn't drunk when he went into the bin area....possibly still over the legal drive limit...but not drunk. And why would he go in a bin..if wasn't raining? If he'd wanted to get in a bin he'd have done that from the outset.

7. Nicola has posted (about 30 mins ago) that she'll ask the police for an update re dark clothing CCTV question... eyes peeled for a further update, everyone!

8. sleepyhead25

sleepyhead25 New Member

Some of his posts on facebook allude to death/not being around any more: Also lots that just make no sense. It would surprise me if there were no mental health issues but I could be totally wrong. Could be nothing to do with the disappearance but hope that it is being looked into- he clearly has at least has had struggles in the past. Here is a handful of his posts for those not on f/b. Lots of people have posted concerned comments on his posts.

9. Worth noting though that those FB posts were all 5 or so years ago - when he was still a teenager.

10. suzyjackson

suzyjackson Well-Known Member

Are those Corrie's posts on facebook? Am I right that you've copied them from him page? If so I'd sat they were written by a different person to the instagram posts which although short appear to be spelled and punctuated correctly

11. instagram posts were written by adult Corrie
    facebook posts were written by teenage Corrie

His mum replied to some of those comments on FB and she doesn't sound worried. I think it's just teenage Corrie being daft.

12. suzyjackson

I don't have instagram and that's the first time I've seen these, if I knew nothing about the person who'd posted them I would think they were gay but maybe this is how all 20 something men post on their page.

What also strikes me from the photos is how strong Corrie must be, even a little drunk you'd think it would take more than one person to over power him without some kind of weapon or struggle

13. ChuckieD

ChuckieD Member

Do we know what he'd drunk or how much? Do we know he kept his epic meal down? I don't know about anybody else but if I'm drunk (and I do like a drink) I feel worse with little sleep than I do with none especially if I've been drinking shots, Jagerbombs, to if I was just drinking beer.

Maybe he dropped his phone in the bin and went in to fish it out?

14. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

There were some posts on Corrie's FB page that came from an app that makes up crazy statuses, are you sure all of those were written by him and aren't from that app?

ETA it's also possible that his brothers might go into his room when the computer's on and Corrie's gone downstairs or into the bathroom, and left silly messages on Corrie's page to make Corrie look silly...just brotherly ribbing.

15. c4nd1_83

c4nd1_83 New Member

Tbh, I am actually at the point now were I am considering leaving the FB group. Nothing makes sense about Corries disappearance and it's actually starting to do my head in on a daily basis. I hope he is found soon for the family's sake and for all our sakes also spending our spare time mulling over tid bits...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. suzyjackson

Thanks, that would explain the difference, the RAF must have taught him well

17. ChuckieD

ChuckieD Member

As an example of stupid things drunk people do, our resident 'social hand grenade' LCpl who has not long picked up rank and struggled to get it in the first place tried to dry hump the RSM in front of his wife in the Sgt's Mess on Remembrance Sunday yesterday........

18. c4nd1_83

c4nd1_83 New Member

P.s SAS who dares wins at 9pm tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. suzyjackson

I thought Uncle Tony effectively shut down "David's" point :innocent:

20. suzyjackson

So if we assume that Corrie stupidly did get into the bin I have some questions

- did he go directly to the landfill site

- did Biffa lie about the weight

- did the Biffa equipment malfunction and they genuinely believe it to be 11kg

- has no one noticed anything add at the landfill

or

- is there some very sucessful cover up still on going?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.