UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are bloody weird is my guess. I don't think it's what happened. But you can't definitively said it didn't.

Speaking purely hypothetically, imagine if a driver had had a drink. By reporting an accident, he'd be breathalysed and his driving career would be over. If he was feeling desperate, he might make a desperate move to cover things up.

I'm not saying that I think this is what happened though - just an example of why someone might not report an accident.

My theory is still that he always intended to meet a person in that area and go somewhere else by vehicle. I would expect it to be someone he knew and probably someone military. I think they headed to the Mildenhall area and then somethings happened from there. I wouldn't discount the involvement of more than 1 person and even an accident / cover up.

I would like to know more about his 1 hour call with his brother whilst sat in his car. That seems odd to me given he's already running late.

My theory is still that he always intended to meet a person in that area and go somewhere else by vehicle. I would expect it to be someone he knew and probably someone military. I think they headed to the Mildenhall area and then somethings happened from there. I wouldn't discount the involvement of more than 1 person and even an accident / cover up.

I would like to know more about his 1 hour call with his brother whilst sat in his car. That seems odd to me given he's already running late.

Correct! Had to be planned or he wouldn't have turned down offer of lift home or remained in the doorway for a further 25 minutes after he awoke. He possibly had fell asleep by accident having originally planned to eat his food then go and wait in his car for the later pick.up (wouldn't have wanted to eat a greasy takeaway in his car) but he fell asleep.in doorway

Tony stated 2 hours ago that Corrie had parked his car at Waitrose parking lot.

Another poster said that is a 3 minute walk from the area he disappeared from. Interesting.

Important to remember that the general consensus is that he didn't deliberately fall asleep, so wasn't actually "waiting". Turned down the American lift at 130 because this was offered back to the US base, not Honington (they aren't really that close or 'on the way').

His brothers conversatiom is unrelated, probably just venting about them leaving him and that he wanted 'out'. We have all said far too much when drunk.

What if Corrie didn't mean to nod off? What if he decided to head home, stopped off for food (was any of it given to the homeless man he apparently chatted to?) and just fell asleep? It happens. It doesn't necessarily mean he was intentionally hanging around for 2 hours in the cold with just a shirt on waiting for someone.

Tony stated 2 hours ago that Corrie had parked his car at Waitrose parking lot.

Another poster said that is a 3 minute walk from the area he disappeared from. Interesting.

Yes it was the opposite direction from where he was heading. I don't think he was intending to go back to his car that night.

And if you know you are in for a wait of 2 hours wouldn't you loiter in the takeaway for as long as possible, especially as they see, to like the guy. Or maybe you would go to another bar, apparently he would 'talk to anyone'.

Whilst I'm throwing out random ideas, is there still a large travelling community in the area? Just that I know a few years back rock apes getting in fights with them. Same guys also connected to scrap metal businesses.

Important to remember that the general consensus is that he didn't deliberately fall asleep, so wasn't actually "waiting". Turned down the American lift at 130 because this was offered back to the US base, not Honington (they aren't really that close or 'on the way').

His brothers conversatiom is unrelated, probably just venting about them leaving him and that he wanted 'out'. We have all said far too much when drunk.

I have not seen the cctv of him sleeping so I am inclined to not 100% believe it especially given the misinformation previously released.He did send a message just after 3 but didn't move until 20 minutes after, why ?

Whilst I'm throwing out random ideas, is there still a large travelling community in the area? Just that I know a few years back rock apes getting in fights with them. Same guys also connected to scrap metal businesses.
Yes I think so, Nicola answered a question about travelers near the roundabout on Facebook and said they'd been extremely helpful.

Trying to decide what on earth he was going to do. Have you ever slept in the day and woken up all over the place? Add in booze, cold and food and that 20 minutes is probably spent running his hands through his hair being a wee bit self-critical.

I have not seen the cctv of him sleeping so I am inclined to not 100% believe it especially given the misinformation previously released.He did send a message just after 3 but didn't move until 20 minutes after, why ?

The official police statement said he slept briefly, I would say he slept for two hours. Possibly he was passing the time dozing and not fully asleep. You wouldn't be able to tell either way.

He also told someone he was planning to walk home.

I am a member of the fb group as it goes. I don't post though.

Trying to decide what on earth he was going to do. Have you ever slept in the day and woken up all over the place? Add in booze, cold and food and that 20 minutes is probably spent running his hands through his hair being a wee bit self-critical.

I am sure most people would just head off home with their takeaway. He didn't. Even if he did fall asleep he could have communicated with someone to pick him up.

So if you're walking home you probably don't have a pre-arranged rendezvous

The official police statement said he slept briefly, I would say he slept for two hours. Possibly he was passing the time dozing and not fully asleep. You wouldn't be able to tell either way.

He also told someone he was planning to walk home.

I am a member of the fb group as it goes. I don't post though.

At best he tries to contact his mates who have a taxi booked, he realises he's missed it so decides to make his own way. Again, no pre-arranged meeting for 330....

I am sure most people would just head off home with their takeaway. He didn't. Even if he did fall asleep he could have communicated with someone to pick him up.

So while we're here, there are a lot of new members for this case (unsurprisingly given there are 60k members on the FB page) so here is the link for the UK case index. Always good to have extra eyes on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni