UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Corrie's phone remains missing still. I was just wondering whether it would have been possible for the police to obtain information on Corrie's phone via the phone provider such as last calls, contents of last texts etc?

Katy, I have often wondered too why the footage in the doorway was too distressing to watch? I had assumed that perhaps the real reason was that it showed someone in it, whom the police are meanwhile trying to identify.

Katy, I have often wondered too why the footage in the doorway was too distressing to watch? I had assumed that perhaps the real reason was that it showed someone in it, whom the police are meanwhile trying to identify.
Yes I wonder too...how distressing is eating and sleeping??? It must show someone or something the police are on to but can't prove.
The whole thing is weird from start to finish

I know Corrie's phone remains missing still. I was just wondering whether it would have been possible for the police to obtain information on Corrie's phone via the phone provider such as last calls, contents of last texts etc?

There is no doubt at all imo that the police will have had all of this info since the start, the phone itself isn't needed as the information is held by the service provider.

This is one reason that I think the police may have decided not to search the rubbish facility. They might have thought that having the phone itself wouldn't be worth the effort involved to try and find it as they could easily get the usage and I agree that in terms of fingerprints it probably wouldn't have helped but it would at least have confirmed one way or the other if the bin lorry is at all relevant to fidning Corrie

Yes I wonder too...how distressing is eating and sleeping??? It must show someone or something the police are on to but can't prove.
The whole thing is weird from start to finish

I think someone suggested that maybe he was sttting drooling, maybe he'd already wet himself and perhaps it's embarassing rather than distressing and I can totally see that the family wouldn't want to make that public. If it is only something like that then I think he should be allowed his dignity, if there was anything significant to his diappearance I'd hope the police would have already made it public and asked for help.

As 11am 11/11 has now passed without incident can we discount an abduction to make some kind of statement or grand gesture?

Does anyone have a note of the source for the doorway CCTV being too distressing? All I had heard was that it showed some people approach him, who had all since been spoken to by police.

As 11am 11/11 has now passed without incident can we discount an abduction to make some kind of statement or grand gesture?
No not at all.

If he's been abducted they would work to their own timeline, 11/11 was just an arbitrary date one could just as easily have said Christmas day or new year's day.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

No because Remembrance Sunday is always the bigger day with the Cenotaph parade and parades held in towns and villages throughout the UK.

Should we not just assume, the police release facts to a degree in order to capture someone without impinging on the court case? That is usually a fact! The family however have a different agenda, emotional and desperate to find their child. They may be professionals, but when emotion hits it is hard to stay in that zone. Are the police withholding information due to a potential future trial? Has this ever been a missing person case, or merely a means to an end?

I think this is largely true now. I also think right now (subject to change) that even if Corrie had been given the cold shoulder from his friends that evening and was upset it is separate and unrelated to what happened after he went to those bins. Right now we have a big hole in the timeline from 03:24 to 04:00-04:20 (depending on source). It hasn't been clarified if/when camera 09 turned away but the language used by Nicola is such that it can be interpreted either way (possibly deliberate). We don't know if the Silver car has been traced or not.

Apparently there will be an update today and TW has said a lot of work has been going on in the background. I just hope that this update finally clarifies at least some issues.

Amonet said:
Back to the CCTV, it's got good coverage of both egress points from the loading bay. Does the sweep turn it around 180 degrees? If it does then could Corrie have exited to a street that doesn't have good CCTV coverage? Because if it doesn't turn 180 degrees, then the only options are getting into a car in the loading bay or going into one of the buildings that surround the loading bay/up the stairs or something.

I'm still unsure how long that camera waited for Corrie to reappear from the bins. From my research these cameras have very sophisticated software and once locked onto a subject/object (automatically or manually) it will follow. Remember the first CCTV footage it was following him either because a pre-programmed rule was broken or the operator selected him for the camera(s) to follow him.

Amonet said:
From Hughes, would Corrie have been able (in relatively traffic-quiet night) to hear a car turning into that loading bay and then head toward the bay when he heard the car pull in?

Probably not a slow moving car, no....but he would hear a horn.

Where does it state 'too distressing' please?

I think this is largely true now. I also think right now (subject to change) that even if Corrie had been given the cold shoulder from his friends that evening and was upset it is separate and unrelated to what happened after he went to those bins. Right now we have a big hole in the timeline from 03:24 to 04:00-04:20 (depending on source). It hasn't been clarified if/when camera 09 turned away but the language used by Nicola is such that it can be interpreted either way (possibly deliberate). We don't know if the Silver car has been traced or not.

Apparently there will be an update today and TW has said a lot of work has been going on in the background. I just hope that this update finally clarifies at least some issues.

I'm still unsure how long that camera waited for Corrie to reappear from the bins. From my research these cameras have very sophisticated software and once locked onto a subject/object (automatically or manually) it will follow. Remember the first CCTV footage it was following him either because a pre-programmed rule was broken or the operator selected him for the camera(s) to follow him.

Probably not a slow moving car, no....but he would hear a horn.

BBM - I've wondered if someonce called over to Corrie to get his attention or offer him a lift or ask for help maybe and this is what lead him to a vehicle

Where does it state 'too distressing' please?

Does anyone have a note of the source for the doorway CCTV being too distressing? All I had heard was that it showed some people approach him, who had all since been spoken to by police.

This might be a rumour that's grown legs but I have seen it referred to previously.

I can't quickly find a link so probably best not to pursue this aspect if we can't pin it down

JMO

BBM - I've wondered if someonce called over to Corrie to get his attention or offer him a lift or ask for help maybe and this is what lead him to a vehicle

It can't be ruled out. The problem for me is that whether it was a pre-arranged lift or a abduction, any vehicle would leave quickly and be caught on camera I would have thought?

If this sort of info is being held back then it is impossible for us to work things out until they feel they can share the info.

I thought that they showed the earlier footage to us of Corrie walking down with his takeaway food, and they told us there was footage of Corrie in the doorway but just didn't show it. I thought it was *us* who theorised that the reason for that might be that he got up and had a pee or puked or something and thus it might be too distressing to show, but I don't remember the police or family using that word.

This might be a rumour that's grown legs but I have seen it referred to previously.

I can't quickly find a link so probably best not to pursue this aspect if we can't pin it down

JMO
It was said by his mum very early on on the fb page when somebody asked why it wasn't being released.

It was said by his mum very early on on the fb page when somebody asked why it wasn't being released.

Do you have her exact quote and/or the context? I can't see any quotes from Nicola with the word 'distressing' having been posted on the threads here (only search results for 'distressing' on thread #2 are referring to it having been previously mentioned on here... nothing at all comes up on thread #1).

The only quote I can find is this one from Nicola:

"Corrie clearly did not plan to sleep. He sat down to eat his food. As you can see from the clip he dropped a bit of food as he was walking (3 second rule applied) so he has sat down to eat and then fallen asleep. The last sight of him on cctv is from behind. There is no reason the police haven't shown it. They have just picked the best. He could simply have gone for a pee and placed his phone on the bin and forgotten it.... That's not really the issue. It's that after 0324 corrie has completely evaded every single person and cctv in bery. Not one person has seen him anywhere. Is this because he has left in a vehicle?"

Before the 3.25am cctv was released there was confusion about the time of the first bit of cctv and people questioning why wasn't 3.25am released. I pointed out that it could have been that the last footage of him after being asleep in a doorway could be undignifying. I think this has somehow warped into people believing the doorway footage is distressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam