Found Safe UK - Daniel James Moroney, 37, left home, Ruislip, Middx, 29 Jul 2021

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
Daniel James Moroney, 37, hasn't been seen since leaving home in Ruislip, Middx, at around 6.30am on 29 July 2021.

He failed to show up at work in Slough that morning. No contact via phone with calls going to voicemail.

Daniel is 6ft 2", shaven haired with brown eyes and of large, stocky build.

His sister is frantic.

Contact Met Police via 101. Reference number 21MISO22797

Missing People UK

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210801-170731_Snapseed-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210801-170731_Snapseed-01.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
wonder if he had an accident on way to work.

Would have thought he would have been found by now if accident, 3 days.

Not knowing exactly where he was leaving from, the main route to Slough would still have involved main A roads - probably A4007>A412>A4.

would he use a car, train? not much info available but would be an advantage to know if his work gear was at home still vehicle etc

No, nothing in mainstream yet as far as police appeal.

I wondered about means of travel. Thinking car, but suppose could be train.

His route to work to be more specific is train Ruislip to Uxbridge and then bus from Uxbridge to Slough. Lets hope for a police appeal soon, they are supposed to be checking CCTV at bus and train stations.

Hopefully they can figure out how far he got on that journey through the CCTV. I assume him leaving at 6:30am fits with his typical depature time for work. Strange to leave the house as normal and then to not turn up.

Hopefully they can figure out how far he got on that journey through the CCTV. I assume him leaving at 6:30am fits with his typical depature time for work. Strange to leave the house as normal and then to not turn up.

If, of course, he even stepped on any bus or train. He may have set out with a plan that never involved going to work that day.

If, of course, he even stepped on any bus or train. He may have set out with a plan that never involved going to work that day.

Yeah, I don't like that he's not called into work to fake sickness if he had something he wanted/needed to do that day so much when he was meant to have work. Sadly it makes me think perhaps work wasn't going to be a concern. Just speculating, hopefully Police can figure out more of where he's gone.

Then again, if that's his regular departure time, it seems weird to stick to it.

I contacted these and asked them to take up. Glad they have. Hope it leads to a positive conclusion.

-------

The family of a 37-year-old man are extremely concerned for his safety after he didn’t show up for work or his niece’s birthday party.

Dan Moroney was last seen leaving for work in Slough at 6.30am Thursday (July 29), but never arrived, and the family found his phone was off.

He lives in Ruislip, West London, but is often in neighbouring areas Harrow and Uxbridge.

His sister Sarah told My London: “My daughter turned 18, and it’s been planned since my mum died many years ago when we were younger, and he was meant to be coming to Brighton.”

0_Screenshot-2021-08-02-at-095112.png

Sarah became worried when he didn’t turn up for the event in Brighton.

“He said he was really looking forward to coming and seeing the kids because he hadn’t seen them at all since lockdown,” she said.

“About 10 o’clock I thought, that’s weird, my brother’s phone’s off. He’s always at work and keeps it on silent.

“All of a sudden my dad rang about 11, saying work had been on the phone and he hadn’t turned up."

0_Screenshot-2021-08-02-at-095050.png

Sarah added: “He’s been in the company about 12 years, and never not turned up without giving a phone call or something.”

Sarah added: “For him to have let my daughter and me down, it’s just so out of character. And today is her 18th birthday.”

Local friends and family have been searching for Dan, looking in Ruislip Woods near to where he lives. She said: “We checked with people that would have seen him on his route to work - still no sign.”

“People have done what they feel that they can do,” she said. “I’ve plastered it on probably every social media, so I’m hoping we’ve got every aspect we can.”

Dan is around 6ft and of large build. He was last seen carrying two black bags, a rucksack, and a holdall.

The family is urging anyone who has seen Dan to call 101 and quote 21MIS022797.

Sister's plea to find missing brother after he didn't go to niece's birthday

Last edited:
Dan is around 6ft and of large build. He was last seen carrying two black bags, a rucksack, and a holdall.

Do we know if this is normal for him? It doesn't state when this sighting was but I can only assume it was that morning. Surely his work stuff would be at work/already in his vehicle?

Now we're cooking with gas...

Word is getting out and hopefully will alert more people.

Ealing Police (@ealingMPS) tweeted at 2:01 pm on Mon, Aug 02, 2021:
#Missing

Daniel Moroney, 37 was last seen on 29 July at 08:30 in #Ruislip

We would urge anyone with any information on his whereabouts to call police on 101, tweet @MetCC or call @MissingPeople on 116000 and quote our reference CAD 5665/29JUL https://t.co/CYlw0AJv0T
(https://twitter.com/ealingMPS/status/1422180793074524161?s=03)

Yes, I think sighting was from when he left home. Have seen it reported him saying goodbye to his dad before leaving.

I'm actually hopeful with that amount of stuff, that he's left of his own accord. Seems a lot of stuff to be taking if your intention was to simply end your life.

Hope he's out there well and he or someone on his behalf can reach out. If he needs help, it's there. It's always darkest just before the dawn.

The mystery deepens.

His sister has said on Missing People UK it is believed he headed for Victoria that morning - presumably having as ascertained via Oyster card check in and out? - and possibly heading to Portsmouth.

So, @infinit, you may be right.

But can't see why he just upped and left without a word to anyone.

The mystery deepens.

His sister has said on Missing People UK it is believed he headed for Victoria that morning - presumably having as ascertained via Oyster card check in and out? - and possibly heading to Portsmouth.

So, @infinit, you may be right.

But can't see why he just upped and left without a word to anyone.

I can take guesses but I'd be purely speculating. Curious what makes them think he was "possibily" heading to Portsmouth. Would be interested in knowing if his Passport is something he took with him. Assuming no other reason he would go there, ferries is about the only thing I can think of. But I'd assume that's easily checkable these days now they actually scan them at ports vs looking at them.

#Share

Police in West Area are appealing for the public's help to find a missing 37-year-old man from Ruislip.
Daniel Moroney, 37 was last seen at 08:30hrs on Thursday, 29 July in the Ruislip area.

Daniel is white, 6ft and large build

At the time of his disappearance, he was wearing dark coloured jacket, dark bottoms, dark coloured footwear, and carrying a large dark coloured holdall. He was also wearing a blue face mask.

Detective Chief Inspector Saj Hussain, West Area Command said “Daniel has now been missing for nearly two weeks, which is out of character for him. We have a sighting of him at Victoria Station on Thursday, 29 July at 09:44 seen walking out of the night gate exit onto Terminus Place, where he turns right. "

"As you can image, his family are extremely concerned. We are encouraging anyone that can help with Daniel’s disappearance to come forward and make contact with the police. If you know of his whereabouts or can provide any information that might just help us to bring Daniel home then please do call us.”

Daniel's family and officers are increasingly concerned for his wellbeing and would urge anyone with information his whereabouts to call police on 101. Please quote CAD 5665/29JUL

You can also contact Missing People on 116000.Ealing Police

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back