Found Deceased UK - DJ Derek Morris, 74, Bristol / London, July 2015

RIP DJ Derek. I just listened to part of a recording someone posted on the FB page. Weirdly, the very first bit of speaking I heard as I randomly hit play about half way through the set Derek said "I had no absolutely no control about when I was born, any more than I have of when I'm going to die"

Quite nice hearing his voice and talking about his DJ career, he's been all over the place at various clubs and festivals including Glastonbury, Womad and the Big Chill. A local legend indeed!

I also found a BBC article saying Avon and Somerset Police said it was "satisfied that there's nothing to suggest [the death] was suspicious."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-35804823

RIP DJ Derek. I just listened to part of a recording someone posted on the FB page. Weirdly, the very first bit of speaking I heard as I randomly hit play about half way through the set Derek said "I had no absolutely no control about when I was born, any more than I have of when I'm going to die"

Quite nice hearing his voice and talking about his DJ career, he's been all over the place at various clubs and festivals including Glastonbury, Womad and the Big Chill. A local legend indeed!

I also found a BBC article saying Avon and Somerset Police said it was "satisfied that there's nothing to suggest [the death] was suspicious."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-35804823

So I wonder what happened? Was he found in a wooded area, where he may have hanged himself, or did he just die of a heart attack while walking? I presume there will be an inquest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I wonder what happened? Was he found in a wooded area, where he may have hanged himself, or did he just die of a heart attack while walking? I presume there will be an inquest?

Yes there'll be an inquest I would think. Might be hard to determine cause of death as he probably died the day he went missing, 8 months ago.

I'm glad he doesn't appear to have been murdered. Suicide is certainly an option - when the police say "not suspicious" before the coroners report comes back it often means an obvious suicide (because otherwise, if there are no obvious clues whatsoever, they'd usually wait for tox reports which take several weeks before announcing that).

We shall see. I would think the coroner will release a statement in the next few days once the prelims are complete.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back