UK - Ellie Lawrenson, 5, mauled to death by pit bull, Merseyside, 1 Jan 2007

richandfamous said:
click to enlarge the pic, the mom and uncle both have tweeker hands..just an observation.

What should I be looking for about their hands? I don't know what tweeker hands look like.

Oh, I see someone has already answered. My hands get that way from washing them too much but I've done that all my life, even as a very young child. I'd love to have all the money I've spent on lotion.

I am glad to see the uncle take responsibility. This could be a turning point in his life if he let's it be one. He has drug charges against him...major charges. I'm not sure if he will be charged in the death or not.

I am surrounded by pit bulls. I am so tired of the owners who don't take care of their dogs. I have complained to the sheriff time and time again, to no avail. I am moving out in two weeks, thank GAWD!!!! I am so tired of not being able to let the kids or the dogs out.

That's a nice looking bunch....Did you catch the sarcasm????

Much was posted in this and other threads regarding the death of five-year-old Ellie Lawrenson at the jaws of a pit bull:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46036&highlight=Ellie+Lawrenson

here is a follow-up:

The grandmother of five-year-old Ellie Lawrenson, who was mauled to death by a dog in St Helens, Merseyside, was today charged with her manslaughter, the Crown Prosecution Service said.
And Ellie's uncle, Kiel Simpson, was charged with the possession of a dangerous dog, under section one of the Dangerous Dog Act.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...d+over+death+of+girl+mauled+by+dog/article.do

"Following the attack it emerged that Mr Simpson had twice been warned by the local council about the dog's behaviour.

One of the letters, in May last year, was sent after the pitbull attacked a neighbour's dog.

The second was sent two months later in response to complaints about the dog's barking.

The animal is also believed to have attacked Ellie's 19-year-old aunt, Kelsey, in the weeks before the child's death.

Under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, Mr Simpson could face up to six months in jail if found guilty.

The pitbull came from the same litter as one linked to a dog fighting ring in the town. Shortly after Ellie's death, officers raided several ."

The family sounds like trash. Attractive trash, but still trash.
Such a sad story.

What a beautiful little girl--a tragedy--Life in Prison may be the result here,as the paper says

Some people shouldnt be allowed to own dogs :(

And some people shouldn't be allowed near children when they can't take care of them properly, IMO.

call me a simpleton, but in regards to this paragraph ..... Mrs Simpson was also charged with possession of diamorphine - the medical equivalent of heroin...... would one be wrong to come to the conclusion the woman probably couldn't even care for herself adequately? and why am i not surprised. yeah. the family is trash.

my heart is broken for this little one's loss of life.

The really sad thing to me is that Pit Bulls can be some of the most loving, friendly dogs there are...with normal people that own them.

I own a bed and breakfast and we allow dogs- the best behaved 'furry guest' we've had to date was a pitbull that I rolled around on the floor playing tug-of-war with. Totally friendly and knew the difference between her play toys and my hands because she had owners that knew their role and responsibilities.

In the past i have worked for a vet, and many a person had brought in a pitbull. It is true what Qdizz says that they can be very loving and friendly. It is all how they are raised. If we take a comparison of humans and canines, we will find alot of similarities with their raising and later outcomes.
The owner in this case should have took the first on the aunt as a warning and took some precautions as to keeping the dog away from all visitors especially children.

In the past i have worked for a vet, and many a person had brought in a pitbull. It is true what Qdizz says that they can be very loving and friendly. It is all how they are raised. If we take a comparison of humans and canines, we will find alot of similarities with their raising and later outcomes.
The owner in this case should have took the first on the aunt as a warning and took some precautions as to keeping the dog away from all visitors especially children.

Yes, also not training the dog to fight would help.

I agree.. but genetics also play a part. A loose wire somewhere can be passed down.

And yes granny was at fault letting the dog into the house and near this tiny child. but the dog was trained to kill and also had killing in its genes, IMO. it did. it wiped out this beautiful child's life in the most horrific way.

hope granny gets put away.

I have never heard of a pit bull hybrid and I am pretty keen to the breed. Does anyone know what this is? I think the uncle should be charged with manslauter too. He knew his dog was dangerous they all did and yet they let it wonder around with children.

I have never heard of a pit bull hybrid and I am pretty keen to the breed. Does anyone know what this is? I think the uncle should be charged with manslauter too. He knew his dog was dangerous they all did and yet they let it wonder around with children.

I think I found some info (didn't know any of this either)

I believe that today there are:

a) "pure" pit bulls, often called "gamebred" because they are the dogs most often used by serious fighters
b) "pure" bred American Staffordshires, registered only with the American Kennel Club
c)"hybrid" pit bulls, who are a mixture of AKC registered American Staffordshire and "pure" pit bull
d) "pure" Staffordshire bulls

http://www.workingpitbull.com/amstaffpit2.html

This makes me physically ill. 72 bites!!

WHY do you feel the need to defend these dogs when we certainly don't defend PEOPLE who savagely turn on children? IF their parents had raised them in kind and loving atmospheres...maybe they would not have killed or molested children. IF they had nurturing backgrounds, they may not have done these dispicable acts. So this means we should say the perp isn't responsible, but the caretaker/parent was? We can't prevent the human predator from killing our children and adults...but we CAN prevent the canine predator by banning them from being considered "pets".

It doesn't matter who raised them when the end result is the death of an innocent person or child...does it?

Who are you talking too?

This makes me physically ill. 72 bites!!

WHY do you feel the need to defend these dogs when we certainly don't defend PEOPLE who savagely turn on children? IF their parents had raised them in kind and loving atmospheres...maybe they would not have killed or molested children. IF they had nurturing backgrounds, they may not have done these dispicable acts. So this means we should say the perp isn't responsible, but the caretaker/parent was? We can't prevent the human predator from killing our children and adults...but we CAN prevent the canine predator by banning them from being considered "pets".

It doesn't matter who raised them when the end result is the death of an innocent person or child...does it?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
what a great post

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire