Found Deceased UK - Evan Reid, 31, last seen around 9.40pm, Paisley, Renfrews, concerns for well-being, 25 March 2023

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
MISSING PERSON

Police are appealing for assistance in tracing Evan Reid, 31 years old, was last seen at around 2140 hours on 25th of March 2023, in Paisley.

Evan is described as around 5ft8” tall, slim build with short brown hair.

Evan was known to be wearing a khaki green jumper, black body warmer, dark blue jeans and grey trainers.

It is thought that Evan may be within the Paisley area.

There is concern regarding his well-being.

Anyone with information on Evan’s whereabouts, please contact 101 quoting incident number 4112 of 25/03/23.

Screenshot_20230326-223243_Chrome Beta-01.jpeg

"MISSING PERSON! Evan Reid got on the 21:30 train from Glasgow Central to Irvine last night and got off at Paisley Gilmour street, according to the police he was looking agitated and wearing a black bodywarmer with a team jumper underneath with dark jeans on and grey trainers.

He texted his partner to let her know something dodgy was going on and CCTV at the station has shown him getting off the train looking agitated.

Last sighting was a pin drop at the location shown near Inchinnan road at 22:11 last night. This is not like him he was going home to his family.

Please get in touch with Paisley or Irvine police station if you have any information.

We have been out in force looking for him for hours and are worried sick"
PEOPLEDOCARE

Screenshot_20230327-075214_Firefox-01.jpeg

A police search has launched after Ayrshire man Evan Reid was last seen in the Love Street area of Paisley around 10.11pm on Saturday, 25 March.

The 31 year-old is described as being around 5ft 8in in height and of a slim build.

When last seen he was wearing a khaki green jumper, a black body warmer, dark blue jeans and grey trainers.

Inspector Andy Macdonald said: “This is very out of character and concerns are growing for Evan’s welfare, we want to make sure he is safe and well.

“I am appealing for anyone who has seen Evan or who has any information on his whereabouts to contact us.”

MISSING PERSON

Police are appealing for assistance in tracing Evan Reid, 31 years old, was last seen at around 2140 hours on 25th of March 2023, in Paisley.

Evan is described as around 5ft8” tall, slim build with short brown hair.

Evan was known to be wearing a khaki green jumper, black body warmer, dark blue jeans and grey trainers.

It is thought that Evan may be within the Paisley area.

There is concern regarding his well-being.

Anyone with information on Evan’s whereabouts, please contact 101 quoting incident number 4112 of 25/03/23.

View attachment 411330
Some of the comments are concering

Police have released new images in a bid to help trace a man missing from Ayrshire.

Evan Reid, 31, was last seen in the Inchinnan Road area of Paisley, around 10.06pm on Saturday, 25 March, 2023.

He is described as being around 5ft 8in in height and of slim build. When last seen he was wearing a khaki green jumper, a black body warmer, dark blue jeans and grey trainers.

Inspector Paul Connelly said: “As time passes concerns are growing for Evan and we are keen to trace him as soon as possible.

“Our enquiries to trace Evan are ongoing and we are appealing for the help of members of the public.

“I am appealing to anyone who has seen Evan or who has any information on his whereabouts to contact us.

“I would also appeal to any drivers who were in the area of Inchinnan Road on Saturday night and who may have dashcam footage which could assist to get in touch. No amount of information is too small.”

Anyone with any information is asked to contact 101 quoting reference 4112 of Saturday, 25 March, 2023.

Screenshot_20230328-221434_Chrome Beta-01.jpeg

So he got off the train since there was something 'dodgy' going on in the carriage he was in. Now why would he not wait in the station for the next train? Was he being followed or threatened? Why then did he walk out from the station and up and away from the busy town area? Is it possible he had a panic attack or something and decided to get away from the immediate situation quickly? Heading up Inchinnan Road feels a bit random unless he knows the area or someone up that way.

It's a shame we don't know exactly what was said in the "There's something dodgy going on" text. Was Evan referring to things happening externally (e.g. a perceived threat of violence, either generally or towards him specifically)? Or was he referring to his internal feelings (e.g. panic / agoraphobia at being in a crowded carriage, inexplicable feelings of paranoia)? I suspect the text did not give further details.

It's a shame we don't know exactly what was said in the "There's something dodgy going on" text. Was Evan referring to things happening externally (e.g. a perceived threat of violence, either generally or towards him specifically)? Or was he referring to his internal feelings (e.g. panic / agoraphobia at being in a crowded carriage, inexplicable feelings of paranoia)? I suspect the text did not give further details.
I don't think the text went into detail.

The train to Irvine would have been busy with plenty of loud and drunk people on board.

Pleading for people to keep an eye out for the 31-year-old dad, she said: “This is completely out of character for him, especially to have been on his way home and then get off at another station.

“Obviously we don’t know what kind of state he is in but this is not like him at all. He has no mental health issues, we just don’t know what’s happened.

“We are worried beyond belief and shocked. I am just trying to hold it together.”

CCTV footage from Gilmour Street station shows Evan appearing agitated as he got off the train. He was then captured again on CCTV at nearby Love Street and Weir Street.

“He was in Glasgow on a night out,” Nicole said. “He text me to say he was getting the train home. He said to me [in a text] there was something happening, something dodgy was happening. I didn’t know then that he was on the train already.

“We are waiting on CCTV from inside the train to see if that shows anything.”

She added: “We we were told [by the people he was out with] that he wasn’t that drunk.

“He doesn’t know anyone in Paisley and other friends and family don’t know anyone there, we don’t have any connection to Paisley. He works in Linwood but other than that there’s nothing.”

Cops release new picture of missing Scots dad Evan Reid as concerns grow

Last edited:
If the timings are correct it took him 40 mins to go from the station to love street and then to his last pin drop near the flats. That would normally take about 5 mins. So has he went somewhere in between or waited in the station? Paisley has lots of CCTV in the town centre.

I wonder if he was spiked and began to feel unwell on the train.

I'm from Paisley and this case is baffling but whats new.
What could possibly be dodgy enough on a busy train for one to get off at the next stop and wander into deepest darkest Paisley?
Does anyone know whats behind the wall he's reported to have jumped over?
Would this place him river cart side?

Attachments

• 338889739_1932828990386050_813926482398378813_n.jpeg
    338889739_1932828990386050_813926482398378813_n.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads