Found Deceased UK - Evan Reid, 31, last seen around 9.40pm, Paisley, Renfrews, concerns for well-being, 25 March 2023

I'm from Paisley and this case is baffling but whats new.
What could possibly be dodgy enough on a busy train for one to get off at the next stop and wander into deepest darkest Paisley?
Does anyone know whats behind the wall he's reported to have jumped over?
Would this place him river cart side?
The wall which he’d have jumped leads directly into a small car park for that block of flats called Inchinnan Court. There are trees on the other side (infront of the flats) along the river bank but no fence as far as I remember. The large bit of land next to it is basically waste ground where buildings used to be, it’s fenced off.. but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t climb it.

Officers searching for Evan Reid have issued a new CCTV image and a fresh appeal for information almost one week since he was last seen.

The last confirmed sighting of Evan, who is aged 31 and from Irvine, is CCTV footage which puts him in Inchinnan Road of Paisley, at 10.06pm on Saturday, 25 March, 2023.

Officers believe the road was busy with cars and, despite the hour, there were pedestrians in the area who may hold key information to finding out what happened to Evan before he was reported missing.

Officers are appealing to anyone who was in the Inchinnan Road area near to the River Cart at this time, either on foot, such as dog walkers, or in a vehicle, to come forward.

Evan is described as being around 5ft 8in and of slim build. When last seen he was wearing a khaki green jumper, a black body warmer, dark blue jeans and grey trainers.

Community Policing Inspector Laura Hamill is leading on the enquiry and she said: “We are continuing our efforts to trace Evan Reid and would urge anyone who may have seen him on the night in question or thereafter to come forward.

“No matter how small you think the information is, it could be the vital piece we need to find out what happened to Evan.

“I’d also like to ask anyone who has premises with a camera or vehicles with dashcams that are in the surrounding area to check for signs of Evan, if we have not already made contact with you.”

Evan’s family have released the following statement: “We would like to say thank you to the local communities and police in Paisley for their support and help to find Evan.

“Evan is a much loved member of our family and we plead for anyone with information to please speak to the police.”

Screenshot_20230331-224041_Chrome Beta-01.jpeg

Officers searching for Evan Reid have issued a new CCTV image and a fresh appeal for information almost one week since he was last seen.

The last confirmed sighting of Evan, who is aged 31 and from Irvine, is CCTV footage which puts him in Inchinnan Road of Paisley, at 10.06pm on Saturday, 25 March, 2023.

Officers believe the road was busy with cars and, despite the hour, there were pedestrians in the area who may hold key information to finding out what happened to Evan before he was reported missing.

Officers are appealing to anyone who was in the Inchinnan Road area near to the River Cart at this time, either on foot, such as dog walkers, or in a vehicle, to come forward.

Evan is described as being around 5ft 8in and of slim build. When last seen he was wearing a khaki green jumper, a black body warmer, dark blue jeans and grey trainers.

Community Policing Inspector Laura Hamill is leading on the enquiry and she said: “We are continuing our efforts to trace Evan Reid and would urge anyone who may have seen him on the night in question or thereafter to come forward.

“No matter how small you think the information is, it could be the vital piece we need to find out what happened to Evan.

“I’d also like to ask anyone who has premises with a camera or vehicles with dashcams that are in the surrounding area to check for signs of Evan, if we have not already made contact with you.”

Evan’s family have released the following statement: “We would like to say thank you to the local communities and police in Paisley for their support and help to find Evan.

“Evan is a much loved member of our family and we plead for anyone with information to please speak to the police.”

View attachment 412348
This footage is directly across the road from the wall we’ve been talking about. I’m from Paisley. I’m not sure which direction he’s walking in from the still image. If he kept going along that road out of Paisley town centre and away from the train station it would take him towards the airport, lots of hotels in that direction businesses with cctv but I assume the police would have probably checked them already. It’s so strange nobody’s seen him since. I’m a bit concerned now especially with him being last seen so close to the river.

This footage is directly across the road from the wall we’ve been talking about. I’m from Paisley. I’m not sure which direction he’s walking in from the still image. If he kept going along that road out of Paisley town centre and away from the train station it would take him towards the airport, lots of hotels in that direction businesses with cctv but I assume the police would have probably checked them already. It’s so strange nobody’s seen him since. I’m a bit concerned now especially with him being last seen so close to the river.

Yes, water is definitely a red flag.

Does anyone have any idea if they’ve checked the river? You’d think that would be checked given the place he was last seen. There’s really not much being posted locally except updates with cctv. I don’t think they’ve much to go on either except the cctv to be fair.

Screenshot_20230402-074937_Firefox-01.jpeg

CELTIC legend Chris Sutton is backing the search for a man who has been missing for almost a week.

Evan Reid was last sighted on Saturday, March 25 at around 10.06pm on Inchinnan Road in Paisley.

The missing 31-year-old, who is from Irvine, boarded the 9.30pm train at Glasgow Central heading to the town, but got off in Paisley after texting his partner to say "something dodgy" was happening.

We previously reported an image of the missing 31-year-old was displayed to thousands of football fans at Hampden Park on Tuesday night (March 28) during the Scotland v Spain Euro 2024 qualifier.

Now, Chris Sutton has shared an appeal to find Evan on Twitter after he was asked to raise awareness.

Twitter user Andy Oliver asked the former Celtic striker to retweet the appeal due to having a large following of people from Paisley and Glasgow.

He also revealed Sutton had previously met Evan.

The tweet read: "Hi @chris_sutton73 a few years ago you met Evan Reid.

"He went missing in Paisley.

"We need people with large followings to retweet to raise awareness.

"Due to your affiliation with Celtic, you’ll have a large following of people from Paisley/Glasgow."

[...]

Does anyone have any idea if they’ve checked the river? You’d think that would be checked given the place he was last seen. There’s really not much being posted locally except updates with cctv. I don’t think they’ve much to go on either except the cctv to be fair.
I believe that the river is getting checked every day as they believe he has gone in the white cart.

Hi everyone, could anyone assist with the thread I have started for Gary Shearer, guy from Renfrew missing in Lanzarote. His sister & elderly parents have travelled to Puerto del Carmen to try and locate him & organise a search, they haven’t had much help from the Spanish police so I have sent them info of the Lucie Blackman trust which they hadn’t heard of. Any other ideas & raising awareness of Gary’s disappearance would be much appreciated .

Or stay in the train it was very buzy as it had lSomething has spooked him enough for him to leave the train. I wonder why he didn't stick around Paisley Gilmour Street station, plenty of people and police around.

“Police searching for missing Scots dad Evan Reid spoke to drivers and pedestrians in the area where he was last seen - one week on from his disappearance.

… Police say that CCTV footage captured Evan's last known movements on Inchinnan Road in the town at 10.06pm.

… On Saturday, April 1 - one week on from his disappearance - police spoke to around 150 people in the Inchinnan Road area between 9.30pm and 11.15pm.“

I know that train very well on a Saturday night and it’s very busy especially since they have reduced a lot of services. What doesn’t make sense to me is if my partner was on that train and said something dodgy was happening, I would be asking them whats happening!? Then I’d know if I needed to call the police. I think some stuff is being held back from the family. Why did he not ask for help on the train or change carriages? Paisley is the first stop so whatever happened took place within 10 mins of that journey unless it started in Glasgow. What does everyone else think?

I know that train very well on a Saturday night and it’s very busy especially since they have reduced a lot of services. What doesn’t make sense to me is if my partner was on that train and said something dodgy was happening, I would be asking them whats happening!? Then I’d know if I needed to call the police. I think some stuff is being held back from the family. Why did he not ask for help on the train or change carriages? Paisley is the first stop so whatever happened took place within 10 mins of that journey unless it started in Glasgow. What does everyone else think?
There is a lot not being reported in the media. Family on Facebook have mentioned a few important points.

Police searching for missing Scots dad Evan Reid spoke to drivers and pedestrians in the area where he was last seen - one week on from his disappearance.

Evan, 31, was on a train home to Irvine at around 10pm on Saturday, March 25, when he left the train at Gilmour Street station in Paisley.

Police say that CCTV footage captured Evan's last known movements on Inchinnan Road in the town at 10.06pm.

On Saturday, April 1 - one week on from his disappearance - police spoke to around 150 people in the Inchinnan Road area between 9.30pm and 11.15pm.

[...]

The girlfriend of missing Evan Reid has said the family have 'so many unanswered questions' in a gut-wrenching message to the 'love of her life' over a week after he disappeared.

Evan Reid, 31, was on the train home to Irvine, North Ayrshire on Saturday, March 25, at around 10pm when he appeared agitated and disembarked at Gilmour Street station in Paisley. CCTV footage captured his last known movement on Inchinnan Road, Paisley, at 10.06pm.

Having been on a night out in Glasgow, partner Nicole Murray received a text from Evan saying there was 'something dodgy happening' before losing contact. She previously told how neither Evan doesn't know anyone in Paisley and the family have no connection to the area.

On Sunday night, Nicole posted online to say the family still had 'so many unanswered question' in a message to the 'love of her life'.

She said: "My love, my life, my everything. Over a week now since you have went missing, over a week since I have seen your face, over a week since I have heard your voice.

"So many unanswered questions we all have, you are one in a million, so loved by so many."

[...]

I'm from Paisley too but live in Dunoon now. Are you following the find Evan Reid group on Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back