UK - Healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of murder/attempted murder of a number of babies, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the police released her name; They just said a health professional was being questioned. The press released her name when her property was searched.

All IMO

I suspected that would be the case, as that's how it tends to work here. The police will release a minimum of details (the "28 year old female health care worker" formulation), but unlike some other countries we don't have formal judicial secrecy or anonymity for arrestees, beyond basic sub judice/contempt laws, so if the press join the dots, there's nothing to stop them splashing every piece of information they can find on the arrested person.

Saw more articles today, with basically all the same info. I still can’t get over the “fingertip” inspection. Some people have said it could be for show. In this criminal case, I guess I’m struggling to figure out what could be lurking in her outdoor light fixture. IMO

Saw more articles today, with basically all the same info. I still can’t get over the “fingertip” inspection. Some people have said it could be for show. In this criminal case, I guess I’m struggling to figure out what could be lurking in her outdoor light fixture. IMO

I'm going to guess that they don't have much, if any, hard evidence beyond the statistical anomaly, and are just desperately hoping something, anything, will turn up.

With Ben Geen it was a syringe, with Lucia de Berk it was a diary.

Last edited:
So she has been bailed - after newspapers published her address, her parents' address, her photos? If she is innocent, her life and future prospects have been destroyed and she well may be in danger. You'd think the papers would learn after being sued in the past for this sort of behaviour.

So she has been bailed - after newspapers published her address, her parents' address, her photos? If she is innocent, her life and future prospects have been destroyed and she well may be in danger. You'd think the papers would learn after being sued in the past for this sort of behaviour.

Agreed, we need a change in the law with cases like this (and rape cases where the man is all over the press and then proven not guilty). I don't know where the line would be drawn, though. For example the Alesha case where the arrested has NOT been named, what if someone has info about him but doesn't know it's him that's been arrested? It's a tricky one. All feels a bit strange does this case.

No, nothing new. But reading up on here about Rebecca Leighton at Stepping Hill a few years back, it seems that UK police aren't learning their lessons (leaking a name before a charge or conviction). It is a proper modern-day witchhunt IMO. Rebecca says in an article that it was police who set her FB settings from private to public, thus giving the public access to personal posts and photos that she'd never want the world to see. I hope the same hasn't been done to Lucy Letby but there do seem to be a lot of photos of her making the rounds in the media. Nurse cleared of Stepping Hill poisoning sues police

Nothing heard either, so I came on here to see if there was any news. I am in 2 minds about this case but am strongly leaning towards "If they've got it wrong, and named an innocent person, her life is over before it's begun".
With two hospitals involved it can’t be wrong. I don’t see how this can even occur.

Hmmmm......it has been quiet on the "killer nurse" front and now someone high up has quit. Poor Lucy. Her life has been altered forever if the accusations weren't true and judging by the way nothing further has happened, I'm guessing she is innocent. Baby deaths inquiry hospital boss resigns

It could be that police are forming their case, in which case they wouldn't be telling us anything anyway. But I can find nothing about LL in the news/social media that's recent. 2 options: either the police have the correct person & are making their case or they got it completely and utterly wrong. Either way, I wouldn't want to be LL.

STILL no update on this? I am starting to think that this woman may not have maliciously done anything at all. I would wager that she's basically had no life since July. If she's guilty then that's fine. If not, that's terrible.

Hey all,

I am relatively new here, I'm currently studying psychology and criminology at university and have always been into true crime cases. I was just doing a bit of a read through some cases I've been keeping an eye on and have noticed that there has been no update on Lucy Letby's case.

If you are unsure as to who she is, here is the most recent article I can find Nurse arrested over baby deaths is bailed

Does anyone else know of any updates on her? I'm just wondering why it's been so quiet, she was charged, but no mention of any court appearance, conviction, and seemingly no update on the police on the investigation.

I don't like to comment on whether someone is guilty or not until I have all the information in front of me and I do tend to write about these cases on my blog, but usually my cases are missing person's, Jane and/or John Doe's or unsolved murders with the hopes that someone, somewhere will see the photo or name of the victim and it'll spark something in their memory (we can live in hope).

Happy New Year, everyone. I hope 2019 is everything you want it to be.

Nicole :)

Hey all,

I am relatively new here, I'm currently studying psychology and criminology at university and have always been into true crime cases. I was just doing a bit of a read through some cases I've been keeping an eye on and have noticed that there has been no update on Lucy Letby's case.

If you are unsure as to who she is, here is the most recent article I can find Nurse arrested over baby deaths is bailed

Does anyone else know of any updates on her? I'm just wondering why it's been so quiet, she was charged, but no mention of any court appearance, conviction, and seemingly no update on the police on the investigation.

I don't like to comment on whether someone is guilty or not until I have all the information in front of me and I do tend to write about these cases on my blog, but usually my cases are missing person's, Jane and/or John Doe's or unsolved murders with the hopes that someone, somewhere will see the photo or name of the victim and it'll spark something in their memory (we can live in hope).

Hi and welcome psychstudentni!

We have a thread for Lucy here UK: Female Healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of murder/attempted murder of a number of babies

No updates that I can see. Surely she can't be still under arrest 6 months later.

Hey all,

Hi Nicole, I just joined too!

I did a little reading of this case and it's so weird from the interviews of patients. Everyone who had children cared under her have all said how nice she was and that she pushed for children to visit other hospitals and not be discharged.

If she hasn't been seen for a while, could it be that she changed her identity?

-B-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member