UK - Four people stabbed to death in home, Bermondsey, London, 24 April 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Man held 'for killing girlfriend and three family members' had only met them a few days before' | Daily Mail Online

"...Tanysha's husband, Danny Ofori-Akuffo, said that the attacker would have been unable to leave the property because Mrs Hill locks the door before going to bed....

One of her friends had called her (Samantha) on the phone and heard a man shouting 'I want to go home' in the background. When asked who it was, she replied 'it's just my boyfriend."

I wonder if he has a very serious mental health condition, felt that he couldn't leave the property and attacked everyone inside.

It must have been absolutely terrifying for everyone in there and seems to have happened in a matter of minutes. Absolutely chilling.

Man held 'for killing girlfriend and three family members' had only met them a few days before' | Daily Mail Online

"...Tanysha's husband, Danny Ofori-Akuffo, said that the attacker would have been unable to leave the property because Mrs Hill locks the door before going to bed....

One of her friends had called her (Samantha) on the phone and heard a man shouting 'I want to go home' in the background. When asked who it was, she replied 'it's just my boyfriend."

I wonder if he has a very serious mental health condition, felt that he couldn't leave the property and attacked everyone inside.

It must have been absolutely terrifying for everyone in there and seems to have happened in a matter of minutes. Absolutely chilling.

Yes after looking at his facebook I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a result of a combination of mental health/drug issues.

I can't imagine the terror they all felt.

Joshua Jacques, 28, pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Samantha Drummonds, 27, her mother Tanysha Drummonds, 45, grandmother Dolet Hill, 64, and Ms Hill's partner Denton Burke, 68.
They were found with stab wounds on 25 April on Delaford Road in Bermondsey, south-east London.
Mr Jacques denied four charges of murder at the Old Bailey.
He admitted manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility, but the prosecution indicated that the pleas to the lesser offence would not be accepted by the Crown and the case would go to trial.

Jacques was discovered hiding naked in the upstairs bathroom after officers found Mr Burke’s body at the foot of the stairs and those of the three women in the kitchen.

Joshua Jacques pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Dolet Hill, 64; her husband, Denton Burke, 58; their daughter Tanysha Ofori-Akuffo, 45; and granddaughter Samantha Drummonds, 27.
Jacques, 28, boyfriend to Samantha, attacked three generations of Hill’s family at her terraced home in Bermondsey, south London, on Monday 25 April.
Police had been called to a disturbance at the property in the early hours of the morning and forced entry. They found Burke’s body at the foot of the stairs and the bodies of the three women in the kitchen.
They all had numerous stab wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers discovered Jacques hiding in the upstairs bathroom. During the first court hearing in May, prosecutor Oliver Glasgow QC told how “the defendant was found naked in the bathroom upstairs having made contact with his mother”.
Jacques, from Lewisham, south-east London, was Tasered during his arrest and taken into custody at Brixton police station, where he was charged with four counts of murder.

At his first court hearing in May, Jacques gave a salute to his aunt in the public gallery and banged his chest twice as he was led away to the cells

I was wondering what had happened with this case & found this update. Jacques will next appear for a pre-trial review on 30th October 2023.

7​
T20227125​
Joshua Jacques​
Details:Trial (Part Heard) - Summing Up - 11:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Prosecution Closing Speech - 11:30
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 13:04
Trial (Part Heard) - JOSHUA JACQUES; Defence Closing Speech - 14:10
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 16:11
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 16:23
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:26

A man has been found guilty of murdering his girlfriend and three members of her family in a drug and alcohol-fuelled attack in south London.
Joshua Jacques, 29, killed Samantha Drummonds, 27, her mother Tanysha Ofori-Akuffo, 45, her grandmother Dolet Hill, 64, and her partner, Denton Burke, 68, in Bermondsey in April 2022.
Jacques, of Lewisham, had denied murder but admitted manslaughter.
Jurors at the Old Bailey found him guilty following a three-week trial.

Joshua Jacques, 29, killed Samantha Drummonds, 27, her mother Tanysha Ofori-Akuffo, 45, her grandmother Dolet Hill, 64, and her husband, Denton Burke, 68, in Bermondsey in April 2022.

The scene found by police was described as being like "a horror movie".

There was a cry of "coldblooded murderer" as Jacques was sent down.

Addressing Jacques in the Old Bailey dock during sentencing, Mr Justice Bryan said the defendant's offending had been contributed to by an increased daily intake of skunk cannabis, and that he was "well aware" of the impact on his mental health.

The judge told Jacques it was a "horrific catalogue of murders inflicted by you in the most brutal of circumstances on three generations of the same family".

"It is a salutary lesson to all those who peddle the myth that cannabis is not a dangerous drug," Mr Justice Bryan added as Jacques appeared emotionless.

Joshua Jacques Joshua Jacques

A cannabis abuser who claimed he stabbed his girlfriend and three of her family members as a “sacrifice” has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 46 years for their murders.
He’ll probably die in jail, but why not a full-life tariff, I wonder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back