UK UK - FRED and ROSEMARY WEST

Telegraph five-star review of 'Appropriate Adult,' the new drama based on the case.

Fred West drama Appropriate Adult impresses critics (BBC)

Guardian review, 'Appropriate Adult'

Extremely creepy Fred West YouTube clip: "Enjoyment turned to disaster, that's what happened"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI9YSVXUc5c"]Fred West Voice Tapes - YouTube[/ame]
Finally got around to watching this -- great stuff not to be missed; Emily Watson is wonderful in the title role, but wonderfully creepy (and I mean bad creepy) are Monica Dolan as Rosemary and especially Dominic West as Fred West.

Oh, p.s. re: above -- both Watson and West won BAFTAs for their roles here.

Oh, p.s. re: above -- both Watson and West won BAFTAs for their roles here.
Monica Dolan also won a BAFTA - and deservedly so.

Another good book is the "The Jigsaw Man" which has a chapter on the Wests. Truly chilling stuff.

Serial killer Rose West cuts her own hair amid fears she will be attacked by prison inmates
22 February 2015 12:24 AM Lewis Panther

[...]
Prisoners are allowed to sign out a pair of clippers for individual use on the wing where she is being held at top security Low Newton in County Durham.

And scared West has been clipping her own hair ever since a drama documentary about her killing spree with husband Fred was shown last November.

[...]
A source revealed: “Many of the girls on her wing are relatively young and probably didn’t know the full extent of what the Wests did to those women and girls until the show was aired.

“She’s had quite a few comments and insults about what she did and ever since she’s been keeping her head down and now won’t even get her hair cut by another of the women. She just signs out the clippers and does the job herself.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/serial-killer-rose-west-cuts-5207486

Hi Earth, from your list above I would say this case, Elizabeth Swann, is definitely a possibility as she was hitchhiking to Gloucester. That would make her an obvious possibility for Fred and Rose West as they were from Gloucester and picked up hitchhikers. I wonder if Rose West has ever been questioned about it as it fits so well.

There is a thread about Elizabeth here which also mentions Peter Tobin, who is also suspected to have killed many more girls than the three he has been found guilty of - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?91558-UK-Elizabeth-Swann-23-Birmingham-England-1974

If anyone does want to see another documentary about the case, someone has uploaded a BBC show from 1995 which includes police footage from inside the house and interviews with Stephen and Mae, two of the Wests' children. Just a warning - the interviews contain some very graphic detail of the Wests sex life, the sexual abuse of their children and then the details of the murders.

Obviously this is pretty harrowing to watch but it is here if anyone wants to see it- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEajPZA1eII

I watched the show Appropriate Adult the other night too. I thought it was don really well, the actors are fantastic in it. Can't have been an easy thing to film.

Now Fred and Rose west, I detest. He took the easy way out, killed himself before getting to trial. Coward!
Rose West is someone I would gladly have the death penalty reinstated for. I know she got life and prison, and she will never see the outside world again, but it just doesn't feel enough!

As you can see, she still makes the papers over here showing no sign of remorse whatsoever! Monster.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/serial-killer-rose-west-uses-4761618

Rosemary West is indeed a monster.

In the majority of cases of sick and twisted killer couples, the man tends to be the one calling the shots, the dominant partner.

But based upon all I have read and heard about this case - including interviews with investigators and psychologists - in this case it appears that she was the dominant one and the one calling the shots, and also the primary sadist out of the pair. Fred seemed to be just a callous psychopath who saw nothing at all wrong with taking life when it suited him, and who was also sexually obsessed and someone who enjoyed raping and assaulting women. But Rose was the primary driving force behind the sadistic brutality suffered by the victims, with Fred motivated to a large extent by a desire to please her.

Both had actually been charged before for a kidnap and violent sexual assault but escaped with a fine on lesser charges. The lesson they learned from that is never to let future victims live to tell the tale, which had the added "benefit" - from Rose West's perspective - that they could be as sadistic as they liked. Some of their victims were kept alive for days, with kneecaps and things like that being removed whilst they were still alive. There was talk from Fred of snuff movies - never found.

And one of their sons has published a book in which he detailed drink and drug fueled sex parties, in which the young children would be chained up and sexually abused by some of the male and female guests. The details of this are quite sickening, including one alleged incident where one of Fred's young daughters was urinated on by some guy nicknamed "Lord Snooty" for the amusement of all the other guests.

If all this is true, none of these other evil scum have ever been caught or punished. Fred has taken knowledge of this down to hell with him, whilst Rose refuses to acknowledge her obvious complicity in any of it, or give any information that might lead to any others being brought to justice.

She is an evil and sadistic sociopath, pure and simple.

Unfortunately, Stephen West was jailed for nine months in 2004 for having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl.

The judge presiding over the case told West that he needed to be held accountable for his actions, but also acknowledged that his horrendous childhood left him mentally and emotionally stunted and ordered that he undergo intense therapy (which he undoubtedly needs). He's also attempted suicide in the past.

I haven't heard anything about him since so hopefully he's managed to turn his life around.

I can't imagine living in the house of horror that the West children did.

I have seen Caroline on a couple of documentaries on the Wests. RIP.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3746731/Nanny-kidnapped-tortured-raped-evil-serial-killers-Fred-Rose-West-dies-cancer-aged-61-having-never-got-survivor-s-guilt.html

Nanny who was kidnapped, tortured and raped by evil serial killers Fred and Rose West dies of cancer aged 61 having never got over her 'survivor's guilt'

A rape victim who was the only girl who escaped being murdered by Fred and Rose West has died aged 61 after a short battle with cancer.

Caroline Roberts, who never got over her survivor's guilt, was the serial killers' 17-year-old nanny when she was kidnapped, tortured and abused in a 12-hour ordeal at their Gloucester house of horrors, 25 Cromwell Street.

Unlike the 12 women and girls who were mutilated and murdered by the married couple, Caroline miraculously escaped with her life after promising not to tell anyone.

I have just finished reading a book written by Anne Marie West ( Fred Wests daughter and Rose Wests step daughter) called "Out of the shadows" , it was harrowing to read and I think is the closest anyone will ever get to the truth of just how sick those two monsters were.
The things that girl had to go through were horrendous and what all the other victims must have suffered before they died doesn't bear thinking about.
I think Anne Marie West is an amazing, brave women and I'm so sorry for everything she and the other poor girls had to endure, if I met her I would give her a big hug. I hope she has found some peace now as well as the rest of the West children and the families who lost their loved ones.

I also agree Rose was the most sadistic and the domineering one out of her and Fred, I feel Fred was almost destined to turn out the way he did from what I have heard about his upbringing and he almost seemed "backward" , perhaps he had learning difficulties? .
But Ross I think is pure evil, and I understand she had a terrible start in life too , being abused by her dad but there are many other victims of the same kind of abuse out there, that don't go on to inflict the kind of suffering she did. It does leave the question, are some people just born evil ?

'Pure evil' serial killer Joanna Dennehy 'threatened to kill Rose West' within minutes of arriving at same prison as House of Horrors murderer 'in a bid to assert herself as top dog'

28 May 2018

"...Dennehy, 35, and West, 64, only women in Britain serving whole life sentences...

Britain's most dangerous female prisoner Joanna Dennehy threatened to kill Rose West within minutes of arriving in the same jail forcing her into solitary confinement and then another prison, it was revealed today.

Triple murderer Dennehy, 35, and West, 64, who murdered at least ten with husband Fred, are the only two women in British jails serving whole life sentences since the death of Myra Hindley in 2002.

Dennehy killed three men and tried to murder at least two more claiming it was 'moreish' and 'fun'.

...staff at HMP Bronzefield in Surrey were so worried she would murder West that the 64-year-old was put into solitary confinement within minutes and then moved to another prison the next morning...."

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy 'threatened to kill Rose West' | Daily Mail Online
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred West's daughter's chilling warning over '30 more victims'

Fred and Rose West's daughter's chilling warning over '30 more victims'

Fred West's daughter believes there could be THIRTY more victims.

The serial killer's daughter issued the warnings as she chillingly talked about growing up in the house of horrors.

Mae has written a book called Love Always, Mum.

In the book, she reveals chilling letters from murderous mum Rose sent from behind bars.

She thinks her parents killed up to 30 more women as she revealed what it was like growing up at 25 Cromwell Street....

Mae West has written new book about her parents. I do agree that there are likely more victims than the current official number

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back