Found Safe UK - George Jack Temperley-Wells, 4, holiday to Turkey with Mum on 29th June

He said they had a very unhappy relationship and split up before George was born, with Mr Wells moving out of the area.

Shortly after becoming a mum, Brogan began having problems with drugs, her father said. He added: 'The baby has to be taken off her while she went into rehab and was in care for about a year. She was allowed to visit and every time she saw him she was heartbroken.'

After Brogan received treatment for her problems mother and son were reunited - and have been inseparable ever since, Mr Temperley added.

Mr Temperley said: 'We had no idea she was in Turkey or that her ex partner was in Turkey until all this came up. Her friends were stunned.'

He added: 'I have never met this fellow Wells and wish she had never met him. They were very bad for each other. If I was still boxing I would knock him out.'

'I cannot believe she would have gone to Turkey so he could spend time with his son. In fact, i don't believe it. There must be some other explanation.'

split up before George was born, with Mr Wells moving out of the area.

Euphemism of the day! "Mr Wells moving out of the area" :D

On a more serious note though....a small child having such disruption in their formative years is heart breaking and can impact on their future. I do hope mum sees what is needed in the best interests of the little lad.

He said they had a very unhappy relationship and split up before George was born, with Mr Wells moving out of the area.

Shortly after becoming a mum, Brogan began having problems with drugs, her father said. He added: 'The baby has to be taken off her while she went into rehab and was in care for about a year. She was allowed to visit and every time she saw him she was heartbroken.'

After Brogan received treatment for her problems mother and son were reunited - and have been inseparable ever since, Mr Temperley added.

Mr Temperley said: 'We had no idea she was in Turkey or that her ex partner was in Turkey until all this came up. Her friends were stunned.'

He added: 'I have never met this fellow Wells and wish she had never met him. They were very bad for each other. If I was still boxing I would knock him out.'

'I cannot believe she would have gone to Turkey so he could spend time with his son. In fact, i don't believe it. There must be some other explanation.'

From the same report in the DM:

'She cannot lose her child again. It would be too cruel.'

BBM

IMO, as far as I understand what has been published in the press, this is the key to the commotion.

The boy was taken away from her while she was in rehab for drug addiction.
Now she has gone to Turkey, to visit the father of the boy, ands this father was away for seven years because of his involvement in certain operations.
She did not tell her family where she was going (big red flag), and after a while (?) she stopped communicating on FB.
The father may be leading the life of a saint nowadays, but until they know for sure, that family must be very worried.

I hope Brogan and her son are located soon.

Last edited:

BBM

IMO, as far as I understand what has been published in the press, this is the key to the commotion.

Now she has gone to Turkey, to visit the father of the boy, ands this father was away for seven years because of his involvement in certain operations.
She did not tell her family where she was going (big red flag), and after a while (?) she stopped communicating on FB.
The father may be leading the life of a saint nowadays, but until they know for sure, that family must be very worried.

This part stuck out to me:

Retired Royal Navy diver and businessman George, 85, said: 'We just want her to come home. She IS frightened to death.

Does that mean she's been in contact? If not then shouldn't it be "she MUST BE frightened to death"

This part stuck out to me:

Retired Royal Navy diver and businessman George, 85, said: 'We just want her to come home. She IS frightened to death.

Does that mean she's been in contact? If not then shouldn't it be "she MUST BE frightened to death"

My guess is that he has just been imprecise in his wording, and that the reality is that he hasn't been in contact with his daughter.

BBM

The dad was away for 7 years and the boy is 4?

Great news
Thank you to everyone who shared our appeal to find four-year-old George.

George and his mother have been located safe and well and have returned to the UK, where they are receiving appropriate support.

Our appeal was seen by hundreds of thousands of people across the world, so we would like to thank every single one of you who shared it and provided information to assist – we really do appreciate your help.

His sentence was 7 years . Many criminals only serve half of their given sentence.I imagine he has been released recently,hence the visit to meet up in Turkey.

If I'm not mistaken SW was sentenced to 7 years in July 2017. Therefore he will have been released on parole for the remainder of his term.

SW is still subject to whatever his licence conditions are. Maybe being in Turkey facilitated access that was not sanctioned in the UK?

JMO

So, if the man is the father - does it mean he mustn't meet with his son?
It seems strange to go abroad just to meet a child of his.

So, if the man is the father - does it mean he mustn't meet with his son?
It seems strange to go abroad just to meet a child of his.

Possibly....we don't know what conditions have been imposed by Social Services or the Family Court in terms of his father having unsupervised or indeed any access to his son.

There may have been a breach of the guardianship/access conditions, reading between the lines of the police statements, and that going to Turkey to meet the ex, with young son in tow, was not sanctioned by the authorities.....hence the "return to the UK" instruction.

Turkey = out of sight of the British authorities!

Thankfully, this little lad and mum have been found and with any luck are now back in the UK. Why would anyone pay to go to Turkey when it's 'scorchio' here? :rolleyes:

JMO

Last edited:
"Scorchio" isn't the only allure of Turkey!!!

Nice golf courses and azure blue sea and not forgetting the history, culture and gateway to Asia.

I'll pack my bags and hop on the next Orient Express to Instanbul ;)

They revealed she had no idea of the 'rumpus' she had caused and was catching the next flight home.

Retired Royal Navy diver and businessman George said: She got the shock of her life when she read about this.

She said 'Grandad I am coming straight home'. She was frightened to death by the publicity and in a hell of a state. She said 'Have you seen the news grandpa? What the hell is happening?'

They revealed she had no idea of the 'rumpus' she had caused and was catching the next flight home.

Retired Royal Navy diver and businessman George said: She got the shock of her life when she read about this.

She said 'Grandad I am coming straight home'. She was frightened to death by the publicity and in a hell of a state. She said 'Have you seen the news grandpa? What the hell is happening?'

Call me cynical but something tells me that is an attempt at back-pedalling because the consequences are now all too apparent.

I am more than happy to be wrong though.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back