UK: Girl Killed In Tragic TV Accident

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Bewick Lady, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Bewick Lady

Bewick Lady New Member

<Snip> A four-year-old girl died after her father dropped a television on her head causing "a catastrophic brain injury", an inquest has heard.
    Emily May Hughes died on Christmas Day after a freak accident at her home the day before.
    Christmas Eve had been a fun day for the family with them visiting friends and shopping. They bought a new television set for their home in Coedpoeth, Wrexham.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=12313827

What a terribly sad freak accident. I can't even begin to imagine what the father must be feeling like.
    Deepest sympathy to the family xx

2. Loading...

3. mae

mae New Member

What a horrible, tragic accident. I cannot even imagine what the family is feeling. How terribly sad.

4. shannon2008

shannon2008 New Member

I'm so glad that you posted that version and not the one that I read on the Daily Mail. This same article was given the title:

"PICTURED: Girl, 4, killed by TV her father dropped on her head"

Now if I didn't know better, that makes it sound like he dropped it on purpose. How terrible! The family is surely in enough pain without trashy tabloids putting that spin on it.

The actual article doesn't say until a couple of paragraphs deep that it was an accident and he tried as he fell to keep it from falling on her. :furious:

5. Texana

Texana Overreaching

Poor man and my heart goes out to the family!