Found Deceased UK - Glenn Jackson, 45, Maryport, Cumbria, 21 May 2022

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
Have you seen missing 45-year-old Glenn Jackson?

We are continuing our appeal for missing Glenn Jackson and are concerned for his welfare.

Glenn was last seen in the area of High Street, Maryport on Saturday 21st May.

Glenn is described as of medium build, has a southern accent and brown hair.

We are asking everyone in the area or people passing the area on that day to please check dash cam footage.we would like to also appeal to people in the Mawbray area to please check cctv footage.Any footage or information please report to Cumbria police on 101.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220606-164724_Facebook-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220606-164724_Facebook-01.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1
June 16

Glenn-Jackson-.jpg
Glenn Jackson

The search continues for a Maryport man last seen in May – including by drones and dogs.

Glenn Jackson, 45, was last seen in the High Street area of the town on Saturday, May 21.

Police said officers had carried out underwater searches, as well as bringing in dogs and drones to try and locate him.

A police spokesman said: “Police have and continue to carry out extensive CCTV enquiries. All reports provided by members of the public have been investigated.”

Searches and enquiries remain ongoing and if any members of the public have information on Glen’s whereabouts they are asked to contact police on 101.

A HEARTBROKEN mother from Maryport has issued a plea for her son to come home- after he went missing from the town last week.

Glenn Jackson was last seen in the area of High Street, Maryport a week ago today, Saturday May, 21.

His mother, Jackie Ostle has said that Glenn also assists as her carer.

Describing her son, she said: "He is also my carer, I am in the severly disabled catagory and Glenn comes to me almost every day and does things for me.

"He takes my dog for a walk, gets me up and moving as well because I run out of energy and things because I loose energy and things.

"I am sat here doing tablets now, I haven't been able to face it."

Jackie has an extremly close relationship with her son, who visits her ordinarilly every day, she has described Glenn as 'keeping her going'.

She said : "He never answers back, he's like a tough street lad except with me you know. Someone will phone him when he is with me and he will say no I am with my mum.

"I've got carers that come and get me up in the morning and things but he comes and does all the over things, he keeps me going really."

The mother says the family now fears that Glenn may have got into trouble near water if he has tried to walk home on the coastal paths.

She said: "We have tried everywhere, the thing that we fear now is water."

Reactions: nao
SATURDAY SHARE - GLEN JACKSON

Glen Jackson was 45 years old when he went missing on 21 May 2022 from Maryport, Cumbria. He was last seen in the High Street area of the town. Described as 5ft 7in and of medium build, he has brown, greying hair and speaks with a southern accent. He has tattoos on both arms, one with the name Chloe.

It is known that Glen was sitting watching television in his flat at 22:00hrs on the Saturday night, but on the Sunday morning his door was found open and his beloved dog, Casey was alone. His watch was found a few days later in a field nearby.

Cumbria Police has carried out one of the largest search operations in the county's recent history, with as many as 30 officers out searching for Glen. Supported by Police Search Advisors (PoISA), licensed search officers from the Tactical Support Group, Cumbria Fire and Rescue, Mountain Rescue search teams and forensic search dogs, all existing lines have enquiry have been exhausted.

In a statement given to ITV, a spokesperson for Cumbria Police said “Despite these efforts, Mr Jackson remains missing at this time. Whilst there are currently no outstanding lines of enquiry, no outstanding missing person enquiry is ever ‘closed’ whilst the individual remains unaccounted for.”

“Any information at all that is received or reported via any means will result in a review of that information. Where additional lines of enquiry are identified, this will be actioned. If there are no further lines of enquiry forthcoming, the missing person will remain subject to regular rolling reviews, as per all outstanding missing from home enquiries.”

If you have any information, please call Cumbria Police on 101 or complete an incident form online https://www.police.uk/report-it. If you would prefer to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on ‪0800 555 111‬ or use their online reporting service.

Cumbria Police:
Police continue appeal for missing man from Maryport

#SaturdayShare #FindGlenJackson #MissingPersonsSupport

Body found, no confirmation from the police yet that its possibly Glen.
A body has been found at a West Cumbrian beauty spot.

Police were called at round 12.40pm yesterday, September 27, that a member of the public had seen a body on land in the Beckfoot area, a hamlet around three miles south of Silloth.

A police spokesman said: “A police investigative scene has been established and enquiries are underway to establish the circumstances. Members of the public may see a police presence as a result.”

Body found, no confirmation from the police yet that its possibly Glen.
A body has been found at a West Cumbrian beauty spot.

Police were called at round 12.40pm yesterday, September 27, that a member of the public had seen a body on land in the Beckfoot area, a hamlet around three miles south of Silloth.

A police spokesman said: “A police investigative scene has been established and enquiries are underway to establish the circumstances. Members of the public may see a police presence as a result.”

It looks like it is Glen's body that has been found, sadly. The local newspaper, The News and Star, is carrying a report today entitled "Family of Glen Jackson pay tribute ..." and says that the body has been named locally as that of Glen. There has been no official update from Cumbria Police yet.

News and Star (local newspaper) report

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam