GUILTY UK - Harry, 3, & Elise Donnison, 2, suffocated, East Sussex, 27 Jan 2010

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by SarahR, Jan 28, 2010.

1. SarahR

SarahR New Member

A MOTHER walked into a police station yesterday and told cops: "I've killed my children."

Fiona Donnison, 43, then led officers to her car, where the bodies of her son Harry, three, and daughter Elise, two, were found wrapped in black plastic bin liners in two separate sports bags in the boot.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ed-my-children-Harry-Elise.html#ixzz0dvnvBtcI

:furious::furious::furious:

2. Loading...

3. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

looks like im gonna have to switch from glue to gas fumes.
    jesus help us please.

4. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

And of course, now there will be the friends and neighbors: "We thought she seemed a little off" and "She wasn't as engaged with the kids" and "She made some odd statements a few weeks ago". And they will lean on each other and cry at the memorial, and then they will walk away with no repercussions and likely little guilt.

Is it time yet to force people to pay attention, to do away with the term and idea of mandatory reporter, and just make it that any adult that suspects or has proof that harm has or will come to a child should report it or face legal consequences? I think it's well past time.

R.I.P. Harry and Elise.

ETA: Not to minimize the mother's guilt, but it is about time that we all start looking out for the little ones, IMO.

5. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

ok, she admitted to her two toddlers, wondering about the other child born in 2003 who died from 'cot death' ...

6. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Oh, how sad. Poor little ones. They're not suffering now. I'm sure that all children who've come under the care of this woman are being checked as we type.

kbl, could you scoot over. I need a little more room in front of the oven door.

7. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

you take the oven....i'll be in the garage :)

8. 2goldfish

2goldfish Active Member

9. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

not_my_kids--ITA with you. I do believe that family and friends need to be held accountable for missing obvious signs. That's why I'm very in favor of making every breathing human a mandated reporter. However, look at what happened to our sweet little Jeanette Maples, here in Oregon. Her step-grandma, friends, friends' parents, and teachers called in reports and her parents still starved, tortured and murdered her. The state never responded until the 911 call came in to transport her tiny, broken body--50 lbs. at age 15.

Unless we teach child safety much as we do sex ed in the schools, we'll never educate people to speak up or to even know how to do it. I've found that, due to severe budget cutbacks, kids are losing out on so much lifeskill training that we all took for granted. Kids are not being taught how to balance a checkbook, manage their bills, perform first aid, use a phonebook, or contact an appropriate agency when needed. Remember Civics Class? That doesn't exist anymore.

BTW, I posted a new article concerning Jeanette on her thread.

10. OneLove

OneLove New Member

Any indications whether the recent signs of her self-inflicted 'cutting' were a relapse from earlier documented disturbed behavior or just an attempt at a mental defense?

11. 2goldfish

2goldfish Active Member

12. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

13. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From August 2011:

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-news/lightwater-mother-convicted-of-murder-4814027