GUILTY UK - Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, and Saqib Hussain, 20, car crash A46 Leicester 11 Feb 2022 *Murder Arrests*

Yes, I totally agree it's a threat. It was just the phraseology that was strange to me, but perhaps that's my age!
Nah its not your age!

All we get is just snippets of this and that with no real context of what was said before or after.

I am thankful for the reporters being there for the live reporting, trying to give us the relevant information.

Last edited:
2​
T20227026
T20227027
T20227046
T20227059​
ameer jamal
ansreen bukhari
mahek bukhari
mohammed patel
natasha akhtar
raees jamal
rekan karwan
sanaf gulamustafa​
Details:Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:30
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 11:59
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 14:06
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 14:34

https://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Leicester-Crown-Court.php
Is it normal for courts to stop like this, after only 1hr? (Seems like a very expensive interruption getting 8 defendants to/from prison and 17 barristers, 12 jury and judge in court)

My mind goes into overdrive, is natasha wanting to consult her lawyer and change her story? Or has there been another incident of people in the gallery shouting at the defendants? But it's normally nothing exciting and we won't even find out why it stopped so early.

Trial scrapped as all 12 members of the jury discharged​

The jury has been discharged by the judge due to internal "irregularities". A reporting ban restricts what can be said about the reasons but a re-trial is set to take place some time next year.

There's this too:

"Irregularities take many forms: some may clearly appear to be contempt by a juror, for example, searching for material about the defendant on the Internet; others may appear to be an attempt to intimidate or suborn a juror; on other occasions, for example, where there has been contact between a juror and a defendant, it may not be clear whether it may be a contempt or an attempt at intimidation. The judge may also be made aware of friction between individual jurors."

"This morning at Leicester Crown Court, judge Mr Justice Saini issued a statement which he said could be reported by media. The statement read: "The discharge was by reason of jury irregularity. The irregularity had nothing to do with any conduct or alleged conduct of the defendants or the families or friends of Saqib Hussain or Hashim Ijazuddin, but was purely internal to the jury."

"This morning at Leicester Crown Court, judge Mr Justice Saini issued a statement which he said could be reported by media. The statement read: "The discharge was by reason of jury irregularity. The irregularity had nothing to do with any conduct or alleged conduct of the defendants or the families or friends of Saqib Hussain or Hashim Ijazuddin, but was purely internal to the jury."

So I’m reading this as it was something a juror did?

The jury in the trial of a TikTok influencer and her mother accused of murdering two men who died in a crash has been dismissed.
Mahek Bukhari, 23, and Ansreen Bukhari, 45, deny the murder of Saqib Hussain and Mohammed Hashim Ijazuddin, both 21.
The two men, of Banbury, Oxfordshire, were killed after their car left the A46 in Leicestershire in the early hours of 11 February.

A retrial will take place next year, Leicester Crown Court confirmed.

This is what can happen if jurors discuss the evidence before they deliberate, if I had to guess. Perhaps something like that happened during morning tea break.
I was thinking more along the lines of Google and TikTok searches and discussing the findings. Strange how it stopped after an hour into the session though!? (Based on the pdf posted above and yesterday’s timings, looks like it was discussed in court for an hour after the last LM update)

My thoughts after hearing there would be a retrial is I wonder if any of defendants now start to remember what happened on the night a lot more, perhaps the trial ‘jogged their memory’ after hearing everything and reflecting on the likely outcome from what was stated to date? Will they change their statements for the retrial I wonder?

I was thinking more along the lines of Google and TikTok searches and discussing the findings. Strange how it stopped after an hour into the session though!? (Based on the pdf posted above and yesterday’s timings, looks like it was discussed in court for an hour after the last LM update)

My thoughts after hearing there would be a retrial is I wonder if any of defendants now start to remember what happened on the night a lot more, perhaps the trial ‘jogged their memory’ after hearing everything and reflecting on the likely outcome from what was stated to date? Will they change their statements for the retrial I wonder?
I was thinking that too. They will have access to media and would be able to see how it’s being reported (and possibly received).

This is what can happen if jurors discuss the evidence before they deliberate, if I had to guess. Perhaps something like that happened during morning tea break.
25 court days down the pan. What a shambles. The poor victims families. I hope the delay allows the accused to reflect on their pleas. I'm doubtful though and they'll probably stick to the same narrative. Perhaps their families will seek counsel from their religious advisors and perhaps advise their children to do the decent thing.

25 court days down the pan. What a shambles. The poor victims families. I hope the delay allows the accused to reflect on their pleas. I'm doubtful though and they'll probably stick to the same narrative. Perhaps their families will seek counsel from their religious advisors and perhaps advise their children to do the decent thing.

Sadly I doubt it …

the interesting part , for the second trial, will be to see if they can remember all the “stories” they told first time round.

Just to add this is all MOO of course

Sadly I doubt it …

the interesting part , for the second trial, will be to see if they can remember all the “stories” they told first time round.

Just to add this is all MOO of course
Yes, I agree with you Alyce!

I don't think the whole jury would be discharged just because one of them was doing something they shouldn't be doing on social media. It's such an expensive trial with so many legal teams and so many weeks of court time now wasted, especially with the backlog of trials. The jury would be perfectly legitimate to continue with the discharge of one juror.

If they discussed online research they did with other jurors, then it may lead to a jury being discharged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back