UK - Healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of murder/attempted murder of a number of babies, 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by sleuth777, Jul 3, 2018.

1. helenff

helenff Active Member

You have to hope she is guilty and will be found so, because if not then she's had years of accusations, and of course the poor parents have had years of uncertainty and grief.

abr, momsof3, Marg from Oz and 7 others like this.

2. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

I'm just guessing but I would think it refers to whatever act she is alleged to have done to the babies to cause their deaths, not the actual dates of death.

3. pickle26

pickle26 Active Member

4. Kitkat28

Kitkat28 Well-Known Member

I’m so uncomfortable with this attitude; that she can’t have done it because she’s blonde, slim, young, not a bitter twisted old hag (as was also alluded to at the beginning of the thread). Monsters don’t come with labels on. They don’t breathe fire or have red eyes. They are normal people. It goes without saying that she is innocent until proven guilty, but the thought that she’s too “nice” or “pretty” to even be under suspicion, is baffling.

If she was male or middle aged, she’d be tried and convicted by now by half the people on here and on social media. I just have to hope that people who allow themselves to be so easily swayed by a person’s looks are never serving on a jury that an innocent yet ugly person finds themself on the wrong side of.

Wowno17, abr, Baciagalupo and 25 others like this.
  5. Slixcon

Slixcon Active Member

One aspect of this case I cannot wrap my head around is the timing. She was working at the hospital between 2011 and 2018, but all of the murders/attempted murders occurred within a 12-month window. What was she doing the rest of the time?

abr, momsof3, Marg from Oz and 15 others like this.
  6. nothinonyou

nothinonyou Well-Known Member

she's appearing again today at 2.30pm?

Marg from Oz, dotr and Kaykedi like this.
  7. nothinonyou

nothinonyou Well-Known Member

8. rjay

rjay Well-Known Member

Triplets, the third survived. It’s at the start of this thread.

Marg from Oz, dotr, Kaykedi and 2 others like this.
  9. AllyBeeUK

AllyBeeUK Former Member

Me too, it's disgusting. I don't know if she's guilty or not, but her looks have nothing to do with anything.

Unconfirmed, but I believe she is due to appear again on 19th February 2021 when she will enter a plea.

10. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

ADMIN REMINDER:

Some posts have been removed.

Websleuths TOS requires that if you state information as fact, you must provide a link to support it, otherwise your post gets removed, along with all responses by members who have taken the time to respond and end up having their post removed as well.

Also, please remember that general comments from social media are not allowed unless they are from MSM or LE, or by the Admin of an approved account (such as an official Missing Person support group). If you aren't sure whether a source is allowed, please ask a Mod or Admin.

Websleuths Terms of Service, aka The Rules, are linked in my signature.

Marg from Oz, MsBetsy, Eloise and 3 others like this.
  11. Blondiexoxo

Blondiexoxo Studying Forensic Psychology BSc hons

Twins :( one day apart. Did she go to bed thinking ‘I’ll do the second one in the morning’? I just can’t with this case. My baby was in neonatal, you are forced to put your trust in them when you and your baby are most vulnerable. I’m sickened. Did she have children of her own? Did she struggle to conceive? Or was this munchausen by proxy wanting to appear as the hero who saved/tried to save babies? So many questions and doubt we will get many answers until trial now. Those poor parents.

abr, Marg from Oz, Kaykedi and 5 others like this.
  12. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

she may have attempted to harm the third baby of the triplets....horrific!

Marg from Oz, Kaykedi, LadyL and 3 others like this.
  13. Ironside

Ironside Well-Known Member

My possible motive theory is wanting to be the hero who comforted the distressed parents.

abr, Marg from Oz, Kaykedi and 14 others like this.
  14. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

mines similar....i think she thrived on all the drama...hustle bustle, gossip etc. the discovery of the babies being sick, then the rush to stabilise them, the drama around parents being called indifferent doctors...then the deaths. lots going on for her to observe.

abr, Marg from Oz, Kaykedi and 9 others like this.
  15. AllyBeeUK

AllyBeeUK Former Member

16. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Like the firefighter who starts fires?

Gotta be either that, or a deep seated jealousy or misguided revenge. I'd be interested to know what, if anything, was going on in her personal life in 2015.

Marg from Oz, Kaykedi, Alyce and 4 others like this.
  17. Pimlipo

Pimlipo Well-Known Member

Same.. And on that subject I have never seen anything of her in the way of social media. Which I’m guessing we can talk about now she has been named..anything?

18. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

There was a FB page but it’s defunct now, and I don’t recall there being much on there other than profile pics. No idea about other social media but I imagine she has laid pretty low these last couple of years.

Marg from Oz, Kaykedi, Alyce and 3 others like this.
  19. HollyHunter9

HollyHunter9 Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that ever since this first came out back in 2017 no one else has ever been named in connection with this apart from her. I think they must be pretty certain it's her but it's taken all this time to gather enough evidence.

Marg from Oz, Kaykedi, Alyce and 6 others like this.
  20. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

That's one possibility. Another is that like many serial killers, she had a compulsion to kill and chose vulnerable infants because she could commit the crimes within her "comfort zone," hoping the murders would never be connected to her.

abr, Marg from Oz, Kaykedi and 2 others like this.