GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to find out - if we ever do - whether he is going to be entitled to his share of the house or whether he will lose it under forfeiture law. I do hope so !

The house has not been sold, not even on the market and it is dropping in value.

I am thinking the line about looking at Diane's death is just a repeat of the original police statement. Surely by now, they will have all the evidence that they were able to obtain - but for whatever reason, they are not making any public comment.

On a slightly separate, but related note, I see that his FB page is still up and being monitored by his son ?? I didnt know convicted murderers were allowed to have FB ?

Putting this here because the Becky Watts thread is closed.

Just seen a note that her case will feature in a tv programme, later this year.

A documentary examining the case of murdered Bristol schoolgirl Becky Watts will be aired later this year.

Presented by Susanna Reid, The Murder of Becky Watts - Inside the Investigation , is part of ITV’s autumn Crime and Punishment series.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/becky-watts-murder-feature-television-398816

A police officer has received a special commendation for the way he ensured the smooth running of the Helen Bailey murder trial.

PC Justin Sheppard is the police liaison officer at St Albans Crown Court.

Every day the public gallery was full and so was the press box.

In the middle of it all was Herts police officer Justin, who had the job of making sure everyone could attend the daily hearings.

His role throughout the trial involved making sure family friends and relatives had seats in the public gallery, and dealing with any concerns they had.

At the same time, he grappled with the demands of the media to ensure everyone could report on the case.

Judge Bright told the gathered guests that Justin had become something of a “legend” at the court, with his ability to sense when his presence might be needed in court to deter anyone in the public gallery from “kicking off”.

http://www.thecomet.net/news/helen-...trial-of-royston-killer-ian-stewart-1-5177214

On a slightly separate, but related note, I see that his FB page is still up and being monitored by his son ?? I didnt know convicted murderers were allowed to have FB ?

You mean his response after that hack quote? Monitored, you mean as access - obviously not as he would have removed that post? - or just posting? Surprised the account is still there. Though look at Ian Watkins - still on Twitter even though he's been inside for almost 5 years.

You mean his response after that hack quote? Monitored, you mean as access - obviously not as he would have removed that post? - or just posting? Surprised the account is still there. Though look at Ian Watkins - still on Twitter even though he's been inside for almost 5 years.

Hi Milly, yes I meant OSs post that he put on there, after the hack post.

And yes, you are right, I meant access ( not monitored ) as OS is clearly accessing ISs page.

I do find it odd. Firstly, why keep the page up there. IS cant use it so what purpose does it provide to anyone ? Am surprised it hasnt received any abuse posts, unless OS is cleaning those up. And if so, then why ?

Didnt know about Ian Watkins - seems FB and Twitter dont mind then,whoever is on their site.

I know some WS'ers who were at the trial spoke very well about (presumably) this guy:

image.jpg

A police officer has received a special commendation for the way he ensured the smooth running of the Helen Bailey murder trial, which made headlines around the world.

PC Justin Sheppard is the police liaison officer at St Albans Crown Court – where, in January and February, Ian Stewart stood trial for the murder of his fiancée, children’s author Helen Bailey.

[...]

Every day reporters, photographers, TV crews, detectives and members of the public – as well as family members and friends of the victim and the accused – were at court to hear the often harrowing details. The public gallery was full every day, and so was the press box.
In the middle of it all was Herts police officer Justin, who, in the highly charged atmosphere of a murder trial that had gripped the nation, had the job of making sure everyone could attend the daily hearings.

[...]

On Wednesday, that work was officially recognised when he was presented with a certificate of commendation in the same courtroom where the trial had taken place.

[...]

Judge Bright told the gathered guests that Justin had become something of a “legend” at the court, with his ability to sense when his presence might be needed in court to deter anyone in the public gallery from “kicking off”.

He said: “It was PC Sheppard’s job to keep the media circus under control – never an easy job at the best of times – and to ensure family and friends and relatives had access to the public gallery.

“He controlled what could have been pandemonium with great skill and sensitivity. He was universally praised about how hard he worked behind the scenes.”

http://www.thecomet.net/news/helen-...trial-of-royston-killer-ian-stewart-1-5177214

It is also on Virgin Media channel 170 tomorrow 10pm.

Thanks for the updates Tiny - got this on my list for tomorrow now

No problem Alyce. Thanks for your info as always. Looks like it will be interesting. Cannot believe it has been nearly seven months since the end of the case.

I was very disappointed in this company's production covering the Oscar Pistorius trial. It really was only a rehash of all the reports we had read about in the news or watched during the trial. Nothing new at all. I really hope they do a better job for Helen.

Well, they've irritated me already - saying that IS was looking out of the window at the garage from his position on the stairs.
He would have needed a very long neck ......... gggrrr, I do get annoyed when they dont do their research

I was very disappointed in this company's production covering the Oscar Pistorius trial. It really was only a rehash of all the reports we had read about in the news or watched during the trial. Nothing new at all. I really hope they do a better job for Helen.

I see exactly what you mean. That was really not very good at all.
I suppose for someone who knew very little about the case, it might be of interest, but to any of us on here, it was nothing new and they could have done with reading our threads, they would have had much more to put into their programme.

Worst part was seeing that creep again, with his whiney voice.

Only got to watch this now. Agree with everything you said Alyce and Interested Bystander. There wasn't anything new and they kept playing that audio tape so many times. Just reminded us how desperately sad this case was. Rip Helen.

Definitely having some issues posting !

Long time reader of this case. While I agree with some of the criticism detailed above - I found the documentary interesting in that it showed IS quite clearly as a cold and highly unemotional individual who appeared completely disengaged in both the initial and subsequent police interviews. It is as if the whole investigation bored him and had no interest in helping the police whatsoever. Was this behaviour an act or part of his disassociate personality? I can't believe that this act was completely put on either as his behaviour IMO is utterly unconvincing with regard to the supposed disappearance of his finance.

It makes me wonder if his family were aware of his varied behaviours which he presented ie Mr Nice to HB, Mr Nasty to some of the neighbors, - what was he like with his children I wonder?

Does anyone know if a psychological profile has been done for Ian Stewart? I've seen a few references to sociopathy and narcism but I don't know if these attributes have been professionally diagnosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44